Old 02-02-2013, 03:03 AM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for sharing, Un-Rêve!
Old 02-05-2013, 12:34 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray4AJ View Post
Thanks Un-rêve, I really liked that performance of her's. Especially when she really got going towards the end.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Un-rêve View Post
Yeah she stepped it up a notch and really went for it.. I don't think we've seen that kind of passion in any performance for some time, unforgettable.
I'm still shaking my head in disbelief over this song I think it might have been one of her best songs (not performances) ever. It's too bad she couldn't make it into a single.

What really amazed me was the part at the 1:18 mark where she really started to belt out the song. I had said about some of her songs in Les Enfoires 2012 that her voice sounded wonderfully soft and beautiful, but I thought maybe with age or whatever, she might have lost the ability to belt one out. Well she proved me wrong...........big time. I still haven't had the time to look up the lyrics which I think someone did post here or to learn both the French and English lyrics, which I will.

EDIT: I'm learning as I go here and didn't realize that she sang one song, La Vie Par Procuration, and it led into another.

On another note, I commented that it looked like MP was starting at her while she was singing. Turns out he was looking the opposite way. My bad.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 02-05-2013 at 01:24 PM..
Old 02-05-2013, 02:29 PM

skungpoomery is on a distinguished road

One thing I noticed watching Samedi soir on chante was that Alizée doesn’t have that “bluesy” way of singing like the others, especially Amel Bent, Chimène Badi and Natasha St Pier - Alizée’s style is a more sensitive, almost fragile and childlike delivery that seems to follow more closely the song as written but still carries its own passion but in a different, quieter way – I think that contributes to her uniqueness; whilst the others are good they are somehow more predictable and "generic".
Old 02-05-2013, 02:51 PM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by skungpoomery View Post
One thing I noticed watching Samedi soir on chante was that Alizée doesn’t have that “bluesy” way of singing like the others, especially Amel Bent, Chimène Badi and Natasha St Pier - Alizée’s style is a more sensitive, almost fragile and childlike delivery that seems to follow more closely the song as written but still carries its own passion but in a different, quieter way – I think that contributes to her uniqueness; whilst the others are good they are somehow more predictable and "generic".
Exactly! That's one of the many reasons that attracted me to her. Her uniqueness (voice, personality, beauty, etc). Alizee is unique in so many ways. Like I've said before, I've been listening to a lot of singers for decades (both American and foreign, not just French) but, I've never seen or heard anyone like her.
Old 02-05-2013, 04:02 PM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

I've always loved Alizee's voice, but I don't really like it when she sings in a higher range. I loved that her voice was lower and a bit husky, yet still sounded quite sweet. It's very unique. I just wish she'd have concentrated more on her vocals over the years, it's kinda disappointing when she only sounds good live once in 5 years.
Old 02-06-2013, 01:20 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Luckily, this is one of the times.

I have been listening to "Il y a." It does a nice job of showcasing he voice when she is allowed to sing softly.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:41 AM

babyblue558 is on a distinguished road

I really love Alizée's performances on this show, but they've all been taken down by the YouTube police. Does anyone by chance have HQ audios of Il y a and La vie par procuration? I'd be so grateful!
Old 02-12-2013, 11:23 AM

battousai is on a distinguished road

Try the link Jenny posted for the videos and extract audio if that's all you want.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny_HRO87 View Post

Tags
alizee, television