Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 12:50 AM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb AAm En Concert LIVE chat party! Saturday Jan. 10, 4 PM EST/1PM PST

Inspired by these posts in the En Concert thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
I need Alizée friends to come over and watch it with me. I'll make popcorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowbeam View Post
I would love to watch En Concert with others who enjoy it as much as I do, it's an experience I've never had. If we get together again I'd like to see about renting a place with a screen and enough room for us all, even if we're there for a live concert seeing En Concert together would be nice.
While it isn't quite the same, we're going to do the next best thing! This Saturday, January 10 at 4PM EST/1 PM PST, we're gonna hijack Jung's AAm Ventrilo server for a LIVE online chat party, during which we'll all cue up our DVDs, start them at the same time, and (attempt to) watch En Concert together from the comfort of our own homes through the magic of the internets!

Fun! Excitement! Brilliant observations! Deep insights! Witty repartee! Mass confusion and disorder! And, of course, Alizée, Alizée, and more Alizée! It's everything you expect from AAm, but in a live audio chat! What more could you possibly ask for?!

(Oh, right...no, there's no popcorn. Sorry.)

"How do I join?" you ask? It's actually pretty easy. All you need is a headset & mic (or just a mic and your computer speakers), and to download the Ventrilo client. Then you configure a few settings (really easy to do), connect to the server, and you're off to the races.

(Click here to read a really easy-to-follow tutorial that Tomtentp wrote up about it, complete with screenshots!)

The settings for the Vent server that Jung has set up for AAm are as follows:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jung_adore_ALIZEE View Post
here is the information

port: 3839

server name: missouri.ventriloservers.biz (or IP: 206.196.113.50)

everyone here is welcome to join anytime
(Jung will be setting up a special room for the event as the date gets closer. I'll add more info about that once it's up.)

The date and time are still tentative. I'm not married to them by any means. So if you'd like to request a change, speak up below! Whatever works for everybody works for me!

Questions? Concerns? Problems setting up or connecting to Vent? Go ahead and ask below. I promise I won't make fun of you...much.

Thanks guys! Hope to see everybody there!

EDITED TO ADD:

Snatcher42 reminds me of one of the main reaons I wanted to do this in the first place...if nobody objects I'd like to record this this posterity, and depending on how it turns out (read: if it's not a complete train wreck), possibly release it as the unofficial AAm commentary track to En Concert (which I think would be a pretty neat thing to have on the site). If nothing else, it will help me in learning how to use Audacity. If anyone has misgivings about it, though, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Also, here's a pretty decent tutorial video for setting up Ventrilo for anybody who's still stumped by it. Again, please feel free to PM me or one of the other guys if you need help getting it up and running. We'll only point and laugh for a minute or two, I promise.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tzPtst-tpJc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tzPtst-tpJc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited by Ruroshen; 01-06-2009 at 08:48 PM..
Old 01-06-2009, 01:40 AM
Logical Progression

Tomtentp is on a distinguished road

Ah great!
I'm going to participate fo sho!
Don't know about you guys but I think last time was pretty entertaining
Let's crank the ol' beast up again and get this party started (the old beast being the ventrilo server, to avoid any wierd or perverted ideas).

And as I said in another thread, if you are planning to participate try out the ventrilo a couple of days before so that we can get some time trouble shooting if things would turn for the worst.

... I see avatar people...

L´Ordre D'Alizée!
Old 01-06-2009, 02:32 AM
he eats the fish

i_luv_alizee is on a distinguished road

I'm there! But unfortunately my television is in a different room from my computer. So I'll have to go back and forth.
Old 01-06-2009, 02:51 AM
Logical Progression

Don't you have a DVD player for the computer? They are really cheap and standard in todays computers.

L´Ordre D'Alizée!
Old 01-06-2009, 03:13 AM
he eats the fish

i_luv_alizee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomtentp View Post
Don't you have a DVD player for the computer? They are really cheap and standard in todays computers.
Yes I do. But since the DVD is PAL format, I have to play that on my secondary DVD player, which is connected to the television.
Old 01-06-2009, 03:34 AM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

I'm pretty sure all computer DVD players can run PAL and NTSC no problem. At least, I've never seen otherwise. Give it a try, i_luv!

Anyway, I'm not sure about my schedule for this weekend yet, but I'll try to be there. You're recording it, right Ruroshen? Stickied!
Old 01-06-2009, 04:55 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Happy birthday Tomtentp.
I don't think I've watched it enough times to allow this ruination of the experience with a bunch of chat and commentary, but oh well. I vote for the earlier original time suggested.

I guess I need the user name and password or as Ventrilo says. I'll PM.

Merci Fanny
Old 01-06-2009, 07:43 AM

lowbeam is on a distinguished road

Sounds like fun or at least a major disaster, I'm in for either one. If you need to move the time I've got no problem, well at least if it's not like 3am Central time, you may have to talk over my snoring
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomtentp View Post
And as I said in another thread, if you are planning to participate try out the ventrilo a couple of days before so that we can get some time trouble shooting if things would turn for the worst.
I've got the Ventrilo client installed, no one was there but I connected so it's OK right?

Thank you Ruroshen.

Last edited by lowbeam; 01-06-2009 at 07:46 AM.. Reason: Forgot to thank.
Old 01-06-2009, 08:05 AM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowbeam View Post
I've got the Ventrilo client installed, no one was there but I connected so it's OK right?

Thank you Ruroshen.
should be just hasn't been many people on this week

Old 01-06-2009, 11:41 AM
Logical Progression

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_luv_alizee View Post
Yes I do. But since the DVD is PAL format, I have to play that on my secondary DVD player, which is connected to the television.
That is not the problem, PAL is a television standard, the DVD is a digital media and so is the computer thus no PAL conversion needed. Try installning VLC (A free video player software found here http://www.videolan.org/vlc/) or any other software able to handle DVD video formats. I think the issue is with the software and not your hardware.

Also, if you get on ventrilo, I'll try to be around so I can give you voice-over support.

@Roman
Didn't quite get you there, you think this will ruin the experience of En Concert?

L´Ordre D'Alizée!
Closed Thread

Tags
chat, en concert, ventrilo