Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 10-01-2009, 01:26 AM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

this is where others people's knowledge is needed.

i have never ever gave a crap about singers before Alizee, so i've never cared about new albums being released.

with other artists, what's the process of a new album's release like? is it anything like it is with Alizee's?

Old 10-06-2009, 09:55 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

This posted yesterday at Lilly Town:

Quote:
Newsletter Ziartist (qui ne nous apprend pas grand chose...) :

Alizée proposera son nouveau single prochainement, celui-ci devait être envoyé fin septembre 2009, mais Jive/Epic n'est pas tout à fait d'accord sur le titre et la promotion du nouvel album...
On vous demande d'être patient ;-)
Roughly translated:

Newsletter Ziartist (which does not teach us anything big. . .)

Alizée proposes to release her new single at the end of September 2009, but Jive/Epic is not completely in agreement on the title and the promotion of the new album . . . We ask that you be patient.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 10-06-2009, 10:41 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
This posted yesterday at Lilly Town:

Roughly translated:

Newsletter Ziartist (which does not teach us anything big. . .)

Alizée proposes to release her new single at the end of September 2009, but Jive/Epic is not completely in agreement on the title and the promotion of the new album . . . We ask that you be patient.
awesome, thanks Deepwaters!!! Patience... is a virtue

Not as important, but Lilly logged in to her myspace today . I wasn't on at the time (mega=>) but i went on it by chance and i saw that she had been on (last log in). Last time she logged in was August 12th! (i know that cause i checked several times since then )

happy 300th post to moi
Old 10-07-2009, 03:45 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Uh... Am I in a time warp here or is it really October already? Yeah, the rumor was September, but let me check my calendar really quick... yep, that was last month.

The only thing J/E ever said was that the album was expected to release in November. Doesn't look likely now. Apparently no one is interested in promoting it and "they" don't want to release it without promotion. I suppose Alizée's team was hoping to actually make some money with this. Yet another reminder of why parents don't usually advise their kids to try to make a living in a rock band. We're pissed that they won't release the album already, but think of how much time and money was spent on it. And the only person to be a spokes person for the product is Alizée!

Merci Fanny
Old 10-07-2009, 01:13 PM

Sitting by the bay is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
Uh... Am I in a time warp here or is it really October already? Yeah, the rumor was September, but let me check my calendar really quick... yep, that was last month.

The only thing J/E ever said was that the album was expected to release in November. Doesn't look likely now. Apparently no one is interested in promoting it and "they" don't want to release it without promotion. I suppose Alizée's team was hoping to actually make some money with this. Yet another reminder of why parents don't usually advise their kids to try to make a living in a rock band. We're pissed that they won't release the album already, but think of how much time and money was spent on it. And the only person to be a spokes person for the product is Alizée!

Talk about time warps! An album with no promotion? It's 2007 all over again
Old 10-07-2009, 03:27 PM
Paris féerique

Toc De Mac is on a distinguished road

Now, according to some source cited as "R" on Lilly-Town, the album will be released in January.

Old 10-07-2009, 03:46 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toc De Mac View Post
Now, according to some source cited as "R" on Lilly-Town, the album will be released in January.
If that's true, then we should be seeing a single released in October or November. But we've had unfounded rumors several times already.

I have this feeling that, going into her comeback in '07, Alizée and Jérémy had an over-optimistic idea that they could handle it all themselves. Problem is, neither of them has ever managed a really successful musical career; Alizée's former success was under Mylène Farmer's management and Jérémy wasn't all that successful. She needs help from a real pro, it seems to me. I hope she's figured that out.

Old 10-07-2009, 05:04 PM

Criss_pl is on a distinguished road

We don't have any confirmed informations, all that we knew/know came from various "sources", we could only speculate.
And I agree with you Deep, she must have a TEAM composed from people that know French music scene and market, the real 'pros' with big experience and many various ideas about Her comeback. I hope that we will see that team behind her.
Old 10-07-2009, 05:16 PM

Vorock is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
If that's true, then we should be seeing a single released in October or November. But we've had unfounded rumors several times already.

I have this feeling that, going into her comeback in '07, Alizée and Jérémy had an over-optimistic idea that they could handle it all themselves. Problem is, neither of them has ever managed a really successful musical career; Alizée's former success was under Mylène Farmer's management and Jérémy wasn't all that successful. She needs help from a real pro, it seems to me. I hope she's figured that out.
If you were in Alizée's shoes would you rather have strangers helping out or a loved one like Jérémy? I think that's why she does that. She loves him and doesn't want him to feel useless. Anybody else think so? :P
Old 10-07-2009, 05:25 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorock View Post
If you were in Alizée's shoes would you rather have strangers helping out or a loved one like Jérémy? I think that's why she does that. She loves him and doesn't want him to feel useless. Anybody else think so? :P
I don't know what her motivations are and actually it doesn't matter. It was a bad decision. He did a great job composing music, but messed up completely as a manager. He's not dumb and neither is she, so with a LOT more experience some day either of them may be able to manage a musical career, but not at this point and there's no time for them to learn. This is make-or-break point. Psychédélices flopped in France, although the global sales (especially in Mexico) kept it from being a complete commercial failure. She can't afford to have the same thing happen with the 4th album. If it does, this could be the end of her musical career. That's not a decision to be made on the basis of sentiment and personal feelings.

Tags
2009, album, chateau, marmont