Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 04-17-2010, 02:24 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

That same video hooked me back in the winter of 2004-2005. So welcome to the Alizée party.
Old 04-17-2010, 02:25 PM
Mňau ^_^

Fèvier is on a distinguished road

ONE OF US!!!!
Welcome to the forum

Old 04-17-2010, 02:31 PM
Fan d'Alizée (pour toujour)

CFHollister is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rictor View Post
After lurking on this forum for a while (to check on Alizée updates, lyrics, etc), I finally decided to register and join.

I'm not the type of listen to pop music and I'm definitely NOT the type of guy who obsesses over celebrities. In fact, I've NEVER felt this way about ANY celebrity.

A few years ago, a friend linked me to a video of Alizée performing "La Isla Bonita." I thought she was beautiful...but that wasn't it. There was something about her mannerisms and the way she carries herself that really won me over. I live in New York and I'm sorry to say that the majority of the women I've met here have been arrogant, condescending, mean, and overall very Un-Alizée. *Note* - obviously not ALL NYC women are like this, but chance would have it that the ones I've met have mostly been this way with few exceptions.

So I naturally wanted to learn more about Alizée after I saw that video. I started downloading her albums, beginning with Gourmandises. I must have listened to "Moi...Lolita" about 1000 times. Before I knew it, I was in love with her. I'm only posting this on this specific forum because I know there will be others here who understand my situation. If I were to tell anyone else, they would surely chalk it up to just celebrity obsession. But Alizée is so much more than a mere celebrity. She brings light to any dark situation. She gives me joy no matter how much things are dragging me down. She sustains me.

I haven't had a girlfriend in over 2 years now. I don't find anyone attractive except for Alizée. This is becoming a serious problem for me. Even when approached by a beautiful woman, I'm just not interested if she doesn't have Alizée's sweet, gentle characteristics.

Here's the reality of most women that are out there nowadays in America:

- Many are overly liberal and politically correct nazi's who will get offended by the slightest thing
- Many of them will preach open-mindedness and quality of character and yet always try to go for the tallest, best looking, richest guy

I'm sick of it.

Alizée on the other hand, is the perfect balance of everything good and pure. You can get a good sense of what someone is like by the way they respond to various situations. In interviews, Alizée just projects a sweet vibe that really can't be faked. I don't even know if she's aware of it, but her inner beauty comes out during these interviews. I even remember one time on that Fun TV interview where she described herself as the type of person who "puts others ahead of herself." My heart literally skipped a beat when I saw that part. And her reaction to opening that Tinkerbell toy? God help me.

I love everything about Alizée. My friend tries to make fun of me for liking her by constantly making fun of her "big head." I LOVE HER BIG HEAD. SHE'S ADORABLE.

In conclusion, if anyone has any clue as to how I can regain my sanity after this Alizée spell, please let me know.
LOL, your story is almost identical to my own... it's almost scary (how you discovered Alizée, being further sucked in by her mannerisms, getting hooked by the FunTV 1h avec interview, the never being into celebrities, the feeling of being a little insane/off for a few weeks, your age even ). So to say I know where you're coming from would actually be a bit of an understatement. Also it's a recurring story, with little variations, for many of us. Welcome to the team TheBarret gives some great answers in his post. But yeah, it will probably be a good year before you kinda recover a sense of pre-Alizée normalcy. As long as you don't go too overboard , I say, enjoy the ride

Also if you haven't yet, this is a must watch (there are other "must watch" but this is pretty much king among them):

Strap yourself in, buddy...
Stars à domicile, 2003
Old 04-17-2010, 02:54 PM

sumi1 is on a distinguished road

Hey Rictor, welcome aboard friend.

Don't worry, what you are observing is quite normal. I am her fan since 2005 and am enjoying it. What you have described is pretty much everyone's story here
Old 04-17-2010, 03:22 PM
A Contre Courant...

Rictor is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFHollister View Post
LOL, your story is almost identical to my own... it's almost scary (how you discovered Alizée, being further sucked in by her mannerisms, getting hooked by the FunTV 1h avec interview, the never being into celebrities, the feeling of being a little insane/off for a few weeks, your age even ). So to say I know where you're coming from would actually be a bit of an understatement. Also it's a recurring story, with little variations, for many of us. Welcome to the team TheBarret gives some great answers in his post. But yeah, it will probably be a good year before you kinda recover a sense of pre-Alizée normalcy. As long as you don't go too overboard , I say, enjoy the ride

Also if you haven't yet, this is a must watch (there are other "must watch" but this is pretty much king among them):

Strap yourself in, buddy...
Stars à domicile, 2003
Thanks CF! That link...the part where she's in the car and you can see every perfect feature on her face...OH GOD.

Edit:

Ever notice how even her LAUGH is cute?

Last edited by Rictor; 04-17-2010 at 03:22 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 04-17-2010, 03:45 PM

DannyMac524 is on a distinguished road

Once hooked on Alizée that is it... like Hotel California... you can never leave. It just keeps getting better and better.
Old 04-17-2010, 04:45 PM
Wanderer

djwise is on a distinguished road

Hm, I believe we haven't met yet. So let me welcome you to our humble abode.

I am djwise. Some call me Wise, some call me DJ. My likes are Hip-Hop, The Funk, Soshi-ness, BEG, writing, pizza, cherry coke, basketball, tennis and some other random ish.

My dislikes are rudeness, ignorance, people who hate Hip-Hop for no reason, those who can't get down with The Funk, and other random what-have-yous.

My dream is to be a writer, social activist, poet, traveler, and average cool guy.

Once again, "Welcome Welcome Welcome" to our wonderful world.

Please stop by the chat every so often. You won't regret it.

Peace&Love

~Wise

Last edited by djwise; 04-17-2010 at 04:57 PM..
Old 04-17-2010, 09:04 PM
Lili Loyal

paintballpdh19 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalen View Post
If you and I are any bit similar, our lives will never be the same again. You can count on that.
i know that my life is forever changed by the wonderful woman

Quote:
After lurking on this forum for a while (to check on Alizée updates, lyrics, etc), I finally decided to register and join.

I'm not the type of listen to pop music and I'm definitely NOT the type of guy who obsesses over celebrities. In fact, I've NEVER felt this way about ANY celebrity.

A few years ago, a friend linked me to a video of Alizée performing "La Isla Bonita." I thought she was beautiful...but that wasn't it. There was something about her mannerisms and the way she carries herself that really won me over. I live in New York and I'm sorry to say that the majority of the women I've met here have been arrogant, condescending, mean, and overall very Un-Alizée. *Note* - obviously not ALL NYC women are like this, but chance would have it that the ones I've met have mostly been this way with few exceptions.

So I naturally wanted to learn more about Alizée after I saw that video. I started downloading her albums, beginning with Gourmandises. I must have listened to "Moi...Lolita" about 1000 times. Before I knew it, I was in love with her. I'm only posting this on this specific forum because I know there will be others here who understand my situation. If I were to tell anyone else, they would surely chalk it up to just celebrity obsession. But Alizée is so much more than a mere celebrity. She brings light to any dark situation. She gives me joy no matter how much things are dragging me down. She sustains me.

I haven't had a girlfriend in over 2 years now. I don't find anyone attractive except for Alizée. This is becoming a serious problem for me. Even when approached by a beautiful woman, I'm just not interested if she doesn't have Alizée's sweet, gentle characteristics.

Here's the reality of most women that are out there nowadays in America:

- Many are overly liberal and politically correct nazi's who will get offended by the slightest thing
- Many of them will preach open-mindedness and quality of character and yet always try to go for the tallest, best looking, richest guy

I'm sick of it.

Alizée on the other hand, is the perfect balance of everything good and pure. You can get a good sense of what someone is like by the way they respond to various situations. In interviews, Alizée just projects a sweet vibe that really can't be faked. I don't even know if she's aware of it, but her inner beauty comes out during these interviews. I even remember one time on that Fun TV interview where she described herself as the type of person who "puts others ahead of herself." My heart literally skipped a beat when I saw that part. And her reaction to opening that Tinkerbell toy? God help me.

I love everything about Alizée. My friend tries to make fun of me for liking her by constantly making fun of her "big head." I LOVE HER BIG HEAD. SHE'S ADORABLE.

In conclusion, if anyone has any clue as to how I can regain my sanity after this Alizée spell, please let me know.
welcome to the Forum! im relatively new here also (about 3-4 months) i have been posting here everyday and my life is all Alizee! u sound just as the rest of us do.... we all adore Alizee here... its like a family! welcome and hope that you find this Forum like a second family
Old 04-17-2010, 09:15 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Rictor my man! Another You-Tuber to the listjk'n. But hey welcome and hope you stay(sounds like you will)!

Everything in your post is just like me....I don't notice any hot women as hot anymore....
Old 04-17-2010, 09:27 PM
Lili Loyal

paintballpdh19 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I don't find anyone attractive except for Alizée.
i find this true myself... if i do see an attractive girl, she in some way has Alizee-like features.

Tags
alizee, beautiful, interview, tinkerbell