Old 06-25-2010, 01:24 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road
Default Eden, Eden

Please discuss:
1)What this song means to you.
2)What do you feel about this song.
3)What you like/don't like, and why.
4)How good it is from a musical standpoint.
__________________________________________________ _______________
Please refrain from using one-line comments (ex. "I Agree" "It's Awesome")
__________________________________________________ _______________

NOTE: Me putting up these threads dedicated to discussing the songs off of Une Enfant du Siécle was for the better. There haven't really been any threads to discuss her songs because no one really took charge or whatever. We need to exercise our love for her music and not just her looks also. And I sort of fell into the trap of discussing just her beauty a lot lately so that is a part for me doing this. Also these songs are just amazing and that's why we need to discuss them. There has been no opinion lately and so we are trying to get our brains going and make this more of a discussion section of the site.

Last edited by User22; 06-25-2010 at 01:27 PM..
Old 06-25-2010, 05:49 PM

babyblue558 is on a distinguished road

This is probably my favourite song from the album (either it or Mes Fantômes). I think it's a perfect opening song, definitely bringing a sense of the great adventure that's about to unfold. It's really optimistic and joyful- certainly something I prefer over the darker moodiness of songs like Factory Girl and Limelight.

For some reason it reminds me of summer, taking me to the same place I go when I listen to L'E-mail a des Ailes (a beach somewhere in the South of France incidentally ). It's another song I can just listen to at the end of a busy day and forget about everything and be immediately put back into a good mood. I would definitely rank it within the top 5 Alizée songs ever.

From a musical viewpoint, Alizée has never sounded better, and you certainly get some of that girlish charm that Gourmandises and MCE were full of, proving that she really hasn't changed as much as some people would make you believe. In fact, I could easily imagine a Gourmandises Lili singing this (or MCE, or Psych)- it's just such a universally perfect song for her!

The little speech bit at the end is so lovely, despite my having no idea what it means (translations don't help in this case!) and it is as if she's setting the scene for the wonderful journey we're going to go on. The melody is so beautiful and unique (interestingly, it was composed by Robin Coudert, the same guy who did Mes Fantômes which is my other fave song of UEDS- Lili should hang on to him!)

Similar to that song, however, I don't think the electro-instruments really make the best of the amazing composition, and it would be far better done with <s>real</s> *other* instruments. I think my dream world would involve a small, informal evening concert outdoors by the sea in France with Alizée singing Eden, Eden accompanied by a piano (and maybe with Mylène Farmer serving drinks ).

Last edited by babyblue558; 06-25-2010 at 07:48 PM..
Old 06-25-2010, 07:21 PM
>9K

AlizéeInspired is on a distinguished road

An absolutely beautiful song! Right up there with Par Les Paupières. And I think its a great start to the album. The calm before the storm. The whole album is just great and I don't know that I would change the order at all as it all is made to fit in the way it is on the album, telling a story from start to finish.

To me, the song is very calming, relaxing, beautiful, and even happy. Like a song/story of new beginnings. A fresh start. A new day.

Like every other song, I love every part of the song. But I especially like this song because of its beauty. When having to choose a favorite for the favorite song poll thread, it was between this song and Grand Central. I went with Grand Central because I will listen to it a little more and other reasons but I won't go into analysis and how I like Grand Central here on Eden Eden's time .

I enjoy electronic music so the electronic part of the song I enjoy a lot. I love the piano a lot in the song too. I love how all the instruments being played come together and create this one wonderful song/world. Beautiful is all I can really think of to describe it. And her voice is just wonderful too, and of course beautiful. I can listen to this song anytime.

This is definately one of her most beautiful songs. Very calming and relaxing to me. This song literally put me to sleep a few times actually!
Old 06-25-2010, 08:39 PM
A Contre Courant...

Rictor is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyblue558 View Post

For some reason it reminds me of summer, taking me to the same place I go when I listen to L'E-mail a des Ailes (a beach somewhere in the South of France incidentally ). It's another song I can just listen to at the end of a busy day and forget about everything and be immediately put back into a good mood. I would definitely rank it within the top 5 Alizée songs ever.

Hehe. Strangely enough, L'Alize is the song that reminds me of summer. I think it's because I imagine a cool summer breeze...

When I first heard "Eden, Eden," I immediately thought to myself: "THIS IS WHAT I WANT MY WEDDING SONG TO BE!" I don't know why, but I just think of it as being the perfect wedding song. It just makes me think of purity and love.

It definitely has a calming effect while being very beautiful instrumentally at the same time. I'm sort of guilty of listening to ImRawg's version of it more often though. Hehehe.
Old 06-26-2010, 05:47 AM

babyblue558 is on a distinguished road

Btw thanks for starting these threads Aaron, I totally understand why you did and it's a great thing to do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
NOTE: Me putting up these threads dedicated to discussing the songs off of Une Enfant du Siécle was for the better. There haven't really been any threads to discuss her songs because no one really took charge or whatever. We need to exercise our love for her music and not just her looks also. And I sort of fell into the trap of discussing just her beauty a lot lately so that is a part for me doing this. Also these songs are just amazing and that's why we need to discuss them. There has been no opinion lately and so we are trying to get our brains going and make this more of a discussion section of the site.
Old 06-27-2010, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rictor View Post
Hehe. Strangely enough, L'Alize is the song that reminds me of summer. I think it's because I imagine a cool summer breeze...

It definitely has a calming effect while being very beautiful instrumentally at the same time. I'm sort of guilty of listening to ImRawg's version of it more often though. Hehehe.
Hehe. Strangely enough, La Isla Bonita is the song that reminds me of summer. I think it's because I imagine a tropical summer breeze...

And yes it is very beautiful instrumentally, it is a good song to wake up to too Good jumpstart to one's day.

And yes ImRawdg's version is quite mesmerizingly awesome
Old 07-01-2010, 04:57 PM
Psychédélices era fan.

Marquis<3Alizée is on a distinguished road

Honestly I love this song the sound it's so Alizée it's like listen to her old stuff and then listen to her new stuff you can tell she's grown. I just love everything about it when listen to it I think of a cold winter day and the groud is covered in snow but the sun it out and it's a nice day

Merci beaucoup Alizée for everything!

http://www.youtube.com/user/limelight8494
Old 07-02-2010, 09:50 AM

Man Marquis you get a pretty awesome vision/feeling with this song. All I feel like is listening to some more of UEDS because of it's amazingness...
Old 07-15-2010, 09:00 PM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

This could be my favorite Lili song ever! It's so calming, it can lull you to sleep, but it's also so great for lifting your spirits. I remember the first time I really LISTENED to it, I'd just come home from a REALLY bad day at school and just kinda collapsed on my bed and turned some music on.. this just made me feel so much better.

It has a beautiful, kind of striking melody to it also. I love it.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 07-16-2010, 12:52 PM
A Contre Courant...

Rictor is on a distinguished road

I totally wasn't kidding when I said I want this to be my wedding song if I ever get married. Hahaha.

Tags
alizee, discussion, eden eden, song, ueds