Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 07-09-2010, 05:39 PM
Psychédélices era fan.

Marquis<3Alizée is on a distinguished road
Post People and their thoughts on Alizée.

Its me again I'm making this thread to exspress my feelings on the change on Alizée.I've been seeing a lot of comments on Alizée's appreance things like her hair,dress,styel,and music. Okay first things first people are going to change once in awhile and Alizée has been doing that ever since she was with Myélen.

She was the sweet lolita who was enjoying life as a young girl.then came Mes Courants Electriques,she was getting older and sang about different thigs not totaly different but a little change. Now for Psychedelices she became herself she wanted to do things her own way.

To me thats a big step in the music bussines doing things on your own writing your own music and all that.

Now her latest album Une enfant du siecle is one of her darkest albums and she really changed on this album new look,new styel,and new hair styel just like in her othre albums.

I think shes looks amazing in her new look and the music is great. Alizée is going to change and people are going to have to realize that she is .

If anyone has any other opinions or agrees with me please let me know.

Alizée will be the best and still is no matter how much she changes things

Merci beaucoup Alizée for everything!

http://www.youtube.com/user/limelight8494
Old 07-09-2010, 06:13 PM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

Hmm, I always thought that since Une Enfant was a concept album, she was sort of acting in a way, so her new style was just part of that. But even if not, I think her new hair/clothes and everything are fabulous! So I don't mind the huge change like others seem to. I wonder if she'll keep going in this direction for a new album?

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 07-09-2010, 06:37 PM
Psychédélices Era Fan

Zeerre is on a distinguished road

Alizée's change from Psychédélices to UEdS took some getting used to on my part, as a matter of fact I'm still getting used to it. I've mentioned this a few times before, but I love how Alizée looks with curls, so when I saw she got rid of the curls I was a little disappointed. At first I didn't like her new hair style at all, until I saw her with a ponytail As for her change in clothes, I love her new style. I've always liked that retro trendy look, that's how I dress, and that's how most of the girls I've recently dated dress as well. I'm not entirely digging the fedora though. As for the music, I have a guilty confession to make, I still haven't listened to all of UEdS, but once I do I'll have an opinion on it.
Old 07-09-2010, 07:12 PM
i'm...PSYCHODELICIOUS.

Människöpesten is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeerre View Post
Alizée's change from Psychédélices to UEdS took some getting used to on my part
yus. but, i love both of the styles.
Old 07-09-2010, 07:26 PM
Félicité

Cubeface is on a distinguished road

When I discovered her about 3 months ago, I saw most of her performances when she was in the ages 16 and 18 and all that. When I saw what she's like now, at first I was like, "Hmm... I don't know if I like this."

I think it's because I was a fan for such a short time, it was only a few days. Now I love it! So, for me I think it took a little while, but that's only because I don't have nearly as much time being a fan under my belt as most of you guys do.

Happens all the time

Old 07-09-2010, 09:35 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Psych was a change from Alizée's first 2 albums. Her latest album was another change. It looks like neither one will be considered a success in France, a place I think she needs to and wants to have success.

I liked the looks of UEDS much better than Psych, but I'm not crazy about this new music. I think the little success that the album has had is all due to Alizee's voice. For the most part, the music adds little to it.

So where does she go from here? Can she afford career wise or money wise to write another album that wont do well and what style would she choose? Should she go back to the style of MCE and Gour, or is she too old for that style? I don't think so. It worked for her before and I think it could work for her again. She's tried going in a direction of her own choosing and its not working. She needs to make a good decision for her next album, if there is one.
Old 07-09-2010, 09:48 PM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Should she go back to the style of MCE and Gour, or is she too old for that style? I don't think so. It worked for her before and I think it could work for her again. She's tried going in a direction of her own choosing and its not working. She needs to make a good decision for her next album, if there is one.
I think that since her old image, the MF image, was the one that got her off the ground, it'd definitely still be successful! I think she'd need a newer twist on it to though, just to keep things new and interesting. It'd be a little odd though, to go from this somewhat random darker electro-popish image, then back to the 'old' Alizee. It's kind of a dramatic change!

Either way, whether she continues in her new style or goes back to her oldish image, Lili can do no wrong! And I'm sure it'll be awesome.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 07-09-2010, 10:42 PM

MYGOGT is on a distinguished road

I am not so sure she wants to do all the touring and shows like before. I was very unsure of how I would like the new album coming out just several weeks after discovering the "old" Alizée. But I really like Eden, Eden and Mes Fantomes. I listen to songs from all the albums every day. After 4 months I finally know that my favorite song is Parler tout bas. And then there is Eden, Eden. Hmmmm...............................
Old 07-09-2010, 10:53 PM
Psychédélices Era Fan

Zeerre is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Should she go back to the style of MCE and Gour, or is she too old for that style? I don't think so. It worked for her before and I think it could work for her again. She's tried going in a direction of her own choosing and its not working. She needs to make a good decision for her next album, if there is one.
I don't think she's too old to go back to the MCE and Gourmandises style, however, I don't think she should, and I'm sure she won't. Let's not forget that she wasn't forced to change her style or to drop the lolita image, it was her decision. Alizée chose to change her style, Alizée chose to drop the lolita image, and by now she has made it abundantly clear that she was never the lolita she appeared to be. Whenever you see J'en Ai Marre, the sailor suit, and the iconic dance, whenever you see the JPVA pink/blue outfit and the respective dance, whenever you see the Gourmandises dress, just remember that what you're seeing is Laurent's and Mylène's creation. Sure, Alizée wears the outfits, Alizée sings the songs, and Alizée does the dances, but did Alizée choose the outfits? Did Alizée choose the songs? Did Alizée choose the dances?

Both Psychédélices, and from what I'm seeing, UEdS, can be considered a commercial failure, but I'm sure Alizée is not oblivious to the fact that the CD sales are poor, so why doesn't she just go back to the MCE and Gourmandises style that has been proven to work? Why does she keep pursuing a style that obviously isn't working for her? Is it because she's an idiot? No. Is it because she's hoping that her new style will somehow catch on? No. Is it because she likes her new style, and she likes what she's doing, even though she will never achieve the success that she once experienced? Yes.
Old 07-09-2010, 11:12 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

I think Alizee is going down the path of her wanting to make music that she wants to make. It doesn't matter if it sells to her, she just likes making it. But the good thing is is that it does sell, in Mexico and other smaller countries. So I think she is going down the right path. She is aiming for good music and is definitely hitting the target in my eyes...

Tags
alizée change