Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 06-07-2014, 11:52 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

I think she just turned 16.
Old 05-11-2015, 08:42 PM
Administrator

Update on Marina for those who are interested. Her album "Fearless" is being released on May 18. I Haven't seen it offered yet in the US, but I believe it can be ordered from http://www.amazon.fr.

Here's a song from the album which also includes Lindsey Stirling playing violin:

Another song from her album that she sang live in a church:
Old 05-13-2015, 08:06 PM
Оле Оле

alizeefan is on a distinguished road

The title of the first video starting this topic posted above girl who doesn't know English . .
She knows English and can read , speak and write it , has been able to for years i know first hand .

Interesting comparison not that it means anything much as my videos aren't highly viewed . Anyway , in a year both Priscilla Betti and Alizée Jacotey 2000 views . Yet in two months Marina Kaye Dalmas - 4000 views

Last edited by alizeefan; 05-13-2015 at 08:14 PM.. Reason: cuz i always edit my posts so come back in a few hours when im done
Old 05-14-2015, 07:12 PM
Administrator

@Alizeefan, do you know if they plan on promoting Marina in the USA?
Old 05-15-2015, 11:38 PM
Оле Оле

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
@Alizeefan, do you know if they plan on promoting Marina in the USA?
Such a hard question =

What exactly do you mean promoting and who is they ? ( i tried to answer many times but erased as i go off on tangents ) Short answer it seems they are , Electric Lady Land , songs mostly English - collaborations with US artists but by the book they go by - VEVO ( boo ) this song cant be seen cuz you live in the US . I'd guess you ask as like many you see her on the verge of US success - lil fish have to swim and make the waves cross those shores - so if that is what you wish for stand up and shout . Marina Kaye # 1 today on itunes France with her song Homeless !

The anti-US viewer youtube problem is a serious issue for the US promotion , videos make or break songs and performers . The majority of US fans aren't patient there so many buttons to push , click .

Basically we want her here but she lives there kinda like most others from France or wheresoever , they are promoting her to the US markets but aren't full fledge with big money backing nor or they taking advantage of the last many years her popularity how they could with self online promotion . Dont get me wrong she is good and her dad too at keeping fans updated but its all in French . . . If you wanna grab the US market you have to have English fan pages and whatnot . If it was up to me i'd move her to Hollywood get her on some Disney show and do the acting music thing for exposure but that is alot to ask a kid and family to move around the world to Hollyweird . Now with proper guidance online she could be promoted beyond any of the above but they need the right person behind that and i'm not available lol .

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
Another song from her album that she sang live in a church:
^ MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMAZING

Ya know AJ loves MK <3

Last edited by alizeefan; 05-23-2015 at 05:12 PM.. Reason: im always editing my post so come back tomorrow when im done
Old 08-05-2015, 03:00 PM
Оле Оле

So let me be the first to predict if you can call it that considering - with all the Alizée and Priscilla Betti similarities and with that dancing that those two will work together soon .

We need Le'France dream team Alizée Jacotey , Priscilla Betti & Marina Kaye on tour .
It would be wicked sweet to see each of them perform some of each others songs or with one another . Maybe add in some dancing , c'mon Grego you Priscilla and Alizee dancing together . . Dont worry Priscilla won't steal the show . . Marina may :>
Old 08-05-2015, 07:21 PM
Administrator

Marina's album "Fearless" has gone platinum in France I believe. Here's her second single.

And here's a great live recording of Marina.

Old 08-14-2015, 10:46 PM
Оле Оле

I love how her songs lyrics reflect the relationship with us !
Sounds Like Heaven - i told her i loved her so many times
so i know i'm in there somewhere <3 Now she is saying
the same here and new albums lyrics similar relations .

the youtube translate thingy works if anyone needs translation

Last edited by alizeefan; 08-14-2015 at 10:47 PM.. Reason: i am always editing so come back next year when im done and this is meaningless blah blah blah
Old 09-11-2015, 12:15 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

While I was updating the Daily DALS effect thread this morning I noticed this on Tal's feed. Looks like Marina Kaye will be at the Olympia next Thursday as part of a show with several other artists. You still have time to be there!

https://instagram.com/p/7ODiyrRZb5/

(I'll get the image posted later.)

Edit

Last edited by Ray4AJ; 09-11-2015 at 10:00 PM.. Reason: I said I would
Old 09-11-2015, 05:43 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I remember her being mentioned in here before, I think by Lefty and it was him I believe who asked me to pick up her latest album when on one of my last trips to France, but the store I went to was sold out.

I remember back then, seeing her performance of Rolling in the Deep on I think it was France has Talent and being very impressed with her voice, but I just quickly looked through Youtube and Wikipedia and I see she's from Marseille and she has several songs in English, but does she have any performances of French songs on Youtube or elsewhere?