Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Fan Art

Old 10-15-2015, 05:05 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Default Corsican song - Versu té

Me and Ray have been working on a project to enter English subtitles for the SAGA (Stars au Grand Air) show Alizée was on earlier in the year and during it, she sang part of the song Versu té, a Corsican song which I believe means coming to you. We had the idea that it might be the basis for a good video on Corsica. We remembered there were performances where Alizée sang in Corsica with another singer and so we decided to check them out and it turns out she sang the same song. Well there were a few videos, but no good complete videos. So we pieced this together. Again as with other projects, Ray has been a huge help and I really couldn't have pieced this together without him.

Old 12-19-2015, 11:42 AM

zingy is on a distinguished road

Very good.
Old 12-19-2015, 06:03 PM

comjoz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Me and Ray have been working on a project to enter English subtitles for the SAGA (Stars au Grand Air) show Alizée was on earlier in the year and during it, she sang part of the song Versu té, a Corsican song which I believe means coming to you. We had the idea that it might be the basis for a good video on Corsica. We remembered there were performances where Alizée sang in Corsica with another singer and so we decided to check them out and it turns out she sang the same song. Well there were a few videos, but no good complete videos. So we pieced this together. Again as with other projects, Ray has been a huge help and I really couldn't have pieced this together without him.
Great work, thanks to you two for this video!
Is it available for a download? My first thought was to download it from youtube, but I guess original is better. Also the file with the subs?
Old 12-19-2015, 06:47 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by comjoz View Post
Great work, thanks to you two for this video!
Is it available for a download? My first thought was to download it from youtube, but I guess original is better. Also the file with the subs?
Scruffydog did the editing and may have a higher res copy of the finished clip. The only final copy I have was downloaded from Youtube.

I use 'google2srt' http://google2srt.sourceforge.net/en/ to rip subs from Youtube videos.

The original source videos were of various quality, some came from Youtube in the first place. Some were in this thread. http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7817

Last edited by Ray4AJ; 12-19-2015 at 08:21 PM..
Old 12-20-2015, 03:02 AM

I'll put the original on Google drive in the next couple of days. If you don't see it in a few days, remind me. This is a busy time for everyone I'm sure. I'm not sure if the original will be much or any better than what you see. The problem being the fan videos that I used weren't of very good res. I tried numerous ways to get rid of the glare and or adjust the white balance with no success. I'm at work now and I have too many things to do right now to check into it.
Old 12-21-2015, 05:26 PM

Here's the original file without lyrics and the res is only 720 x 526 PAL and the other file is the subtitles.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzK...ew?usp=sharing

Old 12-21-2015, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray4AJ View Post
The original source videos were of various quality, some came from Youtube in the first place. Some were in this thread. http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7817
Now that you mention it, that thread, I jumped in there just to remind what it was, and there I noticed a video posted by pepon, it's a song titled Alizée 7 ago 2014 diana di l'alba #2 but it appears originally it's a Corsican song Ricordu - I Surghjenti according to post #7 there in the thread. Last few days many times I listened to that song, and it's, like, Alizee sounds pretty good singing that song. In the absence of an idea what to sing, I think she could sing something like that, and even to publish a CD. What do you think about all this?
Just listen to her singing that song:

Just listen to at 0:14 and 1:17 how she pronounces that "O"!
It's kind of cute and somehow very cool.
Old 12-21-2015, 09:24 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by comjoz View Post
Now that you mention it, that thread, I jumped in there just to remind what it was, and there I noticed a video posted by pepon, it's a song titled Alizée 7 ago 2014 diana di l'alba #2 but it appears originally it's a Corsican song Ricordu - I Surghjenti according to post #7 there in the thread. Last few days many times I listened to that song, and it's, like, Alizee sounds pretty good singing that song. In the absence of an idea what to sing, I think she could sing something like that, and even to publish a CD. What do you think about all this?
Some of us have discussed the possibility that Alizée could record a collection of songs in Corsican. I'd love to hear it.

Recently her friend Patrick Fiori recorded just such an album with several singers. Unfortunately Alizée was not involved in the project.

http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7920

Last edited by Ray4AJ; 12-21-2015 at 09:28 PM..
Old 12-22-2015, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Here's the original file without lyrics and the res is only 720 x 526 PAL and the other file is the subtitles.

Thanks Scruffy. I noticed that when I watch the video in the VLC media player then a stripes are displayed across parts of the picture, but it does not have it in the Windows Media Player. Of course there is a way to solve this problem in the VLC media player. Subtitles are working well.
Old 12-22-2015, 05:38 PM

I have VLC and I watched it again with both VLC and WMP and I didn't see any lines. This video is in PAL format and I could easily do it in the NTSC format if you want to give that a try to see if it makes any difference.