Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 12-17-2013, 04:53 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Updated the spreadsheet to Dec. 17th in post 82 here:
http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/show...9&postcount=82
It is now in segments.

Also updated the chart in post 84.

The information shows how quickly people forget. The moment Alizée is out of the limelight, even for a week, the French public's focus on her begins to fade.
Old 12-17-2013, 07:36 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

^^

Well you know the saying.... out of sight out of mind.... if only that was true for some of us.

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur
Old 12-21-2013, 05:41 PM

Updated the spreadsheet to Dec. 21st in post 82 here:
http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/show...9&postcount=82

I should probably explain what the light and dark yellow coding mean.
I look at each artist's "pre-DALS" trend. IF, on a particular day, they significantly exceed THEIR Pre-DALS trend, I highlight the box in light yellow.
IF, on a particular day, they very significantly exceed THEIR Pre-DALS trend, I highlight the box in bright yellow.

Looking at the spreadsheet above, you can easily see the effect of DALS on each artist's daily totals.
- Tal, saw a significant bump in her daily numbers (above what she was seeing before DALS) only around the time she was voted off.
- Alizée, on the other hand, received a huge boost almost immediately. And, as you can see by all the bright yellow in her Facebook list, she continues to benefit significantly.
Old 12-31-2013, 06:40 AM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Well, looks like I'll be going from the Daily DALS effect to the Weekly one soon. Nothing significant is occurring to make big differences in these trends. When something happens that has a big effect on these figures I can always pick up the pace again.
Old 12-31-2013, 12:17 PM

I knew that I waited too long (holidays). I almost did the update last night but ran out of time.

The one that reacts the most quickly to changes is the "Talking About" data. This one reacts almost immediately when something significant occurs. For the rest, weekly data does show overall trends, however it will miss the spikes after an event. My problem is that it becomes unwieldy to change the pace of data, and then post it in an "easy to read" form.

I don't know how much work this is for you to collect the data daily, but, if you think we might want to return to daily within a month or two, then it would be better to stay there. If not, then we can go to, and stay with, weekly data.

What do you think?
Old 12-31-2013, 12:25 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

If it's not too much trouble, I think it would be interesting to stay with daily to see what type of affect the DALS tour and Les Enfoires will have. I'm sure there will probably be several other public appearances too. After the tour is over, I imagine things will start to quiet down somewhat until and if a new album comes out.
Old 12-31-2013, 07:55 PM
Last Fan Standing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
I knew that I waited too long (holidays). I almost did the update last night but ran out of time.

The one that reacts the most quickly to changes is the "Talking About" data. This one reacts almost immediately when something significant occurs. For the rest, weekly data does show overall trends, however it will miss the spikes after an event. My problem is that it becomes unwieldy to change the pace of data, and then post it in an "easy to read" form.

I don't know how much work this is for you to collect the data daily, but, if you think we might want to return to daily within a month or two, then it would be better to stay there. If not, then we can go to, and stay with, weekly data.

What do you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
If it's not too much trouble, I think it would be interesting to stay with daily to see what type of affect the DALS tour and Les Enfoires will have. I'm sure there will probably be several other public appearances too. After the tour is over, I imagine things will start to quiet down somewhat until and if a new album comes out.
Ah, yes... I'm never looking at the big picture... Here I was thinking there wouldn't be anything new for awhile. I had forgotten how soon the DALS tour would start up again, and of course Les Enfoires. I was thinking the end of the year would be a good time to scale back, but I'll keep at it.

Neither of these productions will be televised soon though. Everyone who bought tickets to the DALS tour already knows about her and that she won. I imagine the same thing goes for the Enfoires. I don't expect she will gain many new followers from either show. In fact, I can't imagine what will make her suddenly start to gain loads of new followers the way the DALS series did. A new album release may have much more media coverage than the last one did, both before and after the release as long as she gets it out quickly. But will that bring in the followers?

====================

A side 'benefit' of collecting the figures each morning is that I get to see what Tal is up to. I'd say I get to see what Alizée is up to as well but she doesn't post anything. Tal is off in Miami for holiday and shows pictures of her Burger King meal, and of her in her hotel room, and on the plane. Someone also makes little posts on her Facebook for her about upcoming Tal stuff. Alizée reposts pics from DM1 and DM2. But infrequently. She can do whatever she wants, but I think it would be beneficial to her to give the people something, anything, each day.
Old 12-31-2013, 10:31 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray4AJ View Post
........... Someone also makes little posts on her Facebook for her about upcoming Tal stuff. Alizée reposts pics from DM1 and DM2. But infrequently. She can do whatever she wants, but I think it would be beneficial to her to give the people something, anything, each day.
It would be beneficial. This new found fame I think will quickly fade after the tour and L.E. are done. She's got to make the most of it while she can.
Old 01-01-2014, 04:36 AM

What follows is some analysis of the data:

Instagram
Alizée - was running 92 adds/day prior to DALS.
Alizée - was running 148 adds/day in the week prior to DALS Week1.
Alizée - this increased to 540+ adds/day in the middle of DALS.
Alizée - jumped to 1,805 in the week after she won DALS.
Alizée - calmed to 202 adds/day prior to the NRJ awards.
Alizée - increased to 315 adds/day for the week after the NRJ awards.
Alizée - calmed to 143 adds/day the following week.
Alizée - increased to 229 adds/day for the week after the Line TV appearance (Single Lady).

Clearly, TV is key to Alizée. She must stay in the public eye in a big way to generate interest.

Twitter
Alizée - no "prior to DALS" data.
Alizée - was running 215 adds/day in the week prior to DALS Week1.
Alizée - this increased to just under 1,000 adds/day in the middle of DALS.
Alizée - jumped to 2,237 in the week after she won DALS.
Alizée - calmed to 342 adds/day prior to the NRJ awards.
Alizée - increased to 561 adds/day for the week after the NRJ awards.
Alizée - calmed to 350 adds/day the following week.
Alizée - increased to 473 adds/day for the week after the Line TV appearance (Single Lady).

Similar pattern to Twitter.

Facebook Likes
Alizée - no "prior to DALS" data.
Alizée - was running 303 adds/day in the week prior to DALS Week1.
Alizée - this increased to 2,700+ adds/day in the middle of DALS.
Alizée - this calmed to a low of 1,048 adds/day in Week 7.
Alizée - this increased to 1,620 adds/day by Week 9.
Alizée - jumped to almost 3,000 adds/day in the week after she won DALS.
Alizée - calmed to 1,500 adds/day prior to the NRJ awards.
Alizée - increased to 1,883 adds/day for the week after the NRJ awards.
Alizée - calmed to 1,416 adds/day the following week.
Alizée - increased slightly to 1,531 adds/day for the week after the Line TV appearance (Single Lady).

Everybody loves a winner.

It seems that the audience reacts best to her energetic dances what some of her personality shines through. I rememeber that, in week 6 (tango & flamenco), she simply did not shine (at least not in the same way as, for example, week 1).

Either that, or there was simply a mid-DALS sag. I remeber feeing the same way - in Week 6 DALS simply seemed to be "getting old." I was concerned that interest might have peaked, but then Week 7 came along and Alizée was at her best with the Charleston.

------------------

I was going to do Tal as well but I ran out of time. In essence, Tal's pattern is very different. Although DALS did give her a boost, she already had very good momentum going in to DALS, and has maintained it since. TV does not seem to boost her as much (possibly because she is already reaching her target group - just a guess).
Old 01-05-2014, 02:56 PM
Last Fan Standing

Just ran across this article discussing likes and followers available for purchase. I don't think it's occurring for these two ladies, but I found it interesting.

Link - Click-farms-sell-phony-popularity

Tags
alizee