Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 08-21-2013, 10:49 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road
Default [INTERVIEW] corsematin.com (2013-03-28)

Just found this interview today. I don't remember seeing it before. Nothing much new except she talks a little about attending the Galliano fashion show, and at the end she mentions 3500 "5" collector's boxes being available, I think. I didn't think there were that many available.

Read the article (in French) HERE.

This news organization seems to write in a style of French that gives on-line translators a real workout. Usually I get enough translated to make some sense of it, but I'm often left wondering exactly what was said.
Old 08-22-2013, 02:22 AM

Wizard is on a distinguished road

Thanks Ray! Enjoyed the article!!
Old 08-22-2013, 11:18 AM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Here is a rough translation. Don't have the time being I'm at work to clean it up as much as I would like.

Meeting of endless Lolita of « french pop » who plays consequently James Bond chorus girl for the good of his last pop video « Because of the autumn ». And for the biggest pleasure of his Mexican fans …
- 2013 marks your return with an album very different from precedents and news equips which encircles you. Why these artistic changes?
My first three recording was very dance or électro. And the fourth, « A child of the century », was more an album concept. Being fan of France Gall always, I wanted to come back to a style very French variety with a key imitating the styles of an earlier period. For this opus, ambiences are therefore very sixties. As I liked Brown BB well, I called Adrien Gallo. Alexander Zaria, an ancient member of Indochina, who compromised for Zazie, Christophe Willem or else Inna Modja, also contributed on numerous titles. And I kept the leg of Thomas Boulard, the group of rock 'Luke ', for texts. It is besides it who is the author of the first extract « Because of the autumn », with a twinkle in films James Bond for the pop video and a melody which sounds original soundtrack very. I knew the job of Luke less, but current is crossed and the collaboration resulted in the writing of the half of the pieces of the CD.

« I had the choice between a hundred of pieces »

- '5 ' a disc is as as you wanted more personal than precedents …
Completely. I wanted to take out an album which resembles me more. That's why I discussed a lot with the lyricists. Texts recall instants of my life. This speaks love, break, emotional disappointment a lot There is a title also on lacy war ". Relations between girls from most youth until very late. For this album, I had the choice between a hundred of pieces which were written and composed especially for me. I finally kept eleven. Some compos are orders of my part and others arrived further to an invitation to tender of my artistic director. I took time to make sorting. For the musical aspect, ropes and brasses were even recorded in Belgium. Final outcome sounds pop very with some acoustical titles, in guitar voice, but also of very rhythmic pieces.

- Jean-Jacques Goldman wrote you two songs which you did not keep. For what reason?

Musically his creations did not stick with the colour of this album. It is just a question of coherence. But I keep them in reservation and I think that they will appear probably on a next CD …

- Since your departure of Team " Farmer-Boutonnat « you got involved in several musical directions. Is not there a risk of putting off your public?

It is true that mass media and even public sometimes find it difficult to follow. But I well like to explore different styles. It is artistic choices which I take. Besides, I am my own manager and I discuss it directly with my home of disc. I like all styles but the électro is a world about which I already expressed myself by the past. For '5 ', I wanted something that corresponds to what I follow nowadays. In 28 years, I felt the desire to leave in a new musical direction. I always had a weak-willed person French variety. Charles Aznavour, Françoise Hardy, Jean-Jacques Goldman and the directory of France Gall was a true source of inspiration.

- Before working on this new production, you however recorded a duo very électro with Alain Chamfort …

I have the chance to be able to meet numerous artists who sometimes think of me for their plan. I had already sung TV with Alain in a program and one day I have it recroisé in a restaurant. It is it which subjected me the idea of resuming « Clara wants the moon » in électro version. This was very of course made and on top of that it was precisely in the wake of my album électro of epoch.

- The singer Daniel Darc, died newly, had collaborated on one of your albums ' Psychédélices ' in 2007 …

Yes. I had met it during a concert because I loved his album ' Burst heart '. A work which had really touched me. When I asked him to write me a title, he had seemed to me uneasy prima facie and surprised that I solicit it. Finally, he wrote me two very nice pieces which appear in ' Psychédélices '. An artist who is going to miss in the French stage a lot.

- Today, what are your musical references?

France Gall remains a model for me. At international level, I love Madonna that I listen to since the age of four years. It is the queen of pop! And among the new generation, I appreciate Pirate's heart. It is very cool with easy refrains to be kept.

« The most important is to make the good artistic choices »

- You were discovered in a program of television hook, ' Star's kernel '. Nowadays, another ajaccienne, Céline Caddeo participates in ' The Voice ' on TF1. What is your feeling on this type of program?

It is good ski jumps which allow to open a door. But there are many other doors to be opened. Céline has a tremendous number of talent. It is indisputable. The most important is to know how definitely to encircle himself, to make the good artistic choices and especially, if it succeeds in crossing stages, it is after program who will be most hard. It is really there that battle begins.

- You became a star in Mexico. How do you explain this popularity?

Grace in Internet. I have many active fans on the Web and one of them posted on Youtube one of my videos during a program or I interpreted ' isla bonita ' of Madonna. Suddenly, this made snowball and title was seen by millions of internauts. Success was searing in this country and even in South America. It allowed me to go around stadiums and I even played in a télénovela, a Mexican serial.

Note Ochoa, the Mexican goalkeeper of the A.C.A, is it appears one of your biggest fans …

Really, when it arrived at Ajaccio, I learnt by my Mexican fans that he had declared during an interview that I was one of two only Corsicans about which he had intended to speak with Napoleon! Later, I crossed it one day by taking the plane and the photograph which we took together was posted on social networks, Twitter, facebook plate fast made One of the Mexican newspapers which announced « Ochoa-Alizée, finally meeting! » What manifests the infatuation of the Mexicans for my actuality …

- You were in coverage of the magazine ' Inked ' specialized in tattoos newly. Is it to transform your picture to the public?

I accepted without hesitancy because I well like to take part in the game of fancy dresses. The advantage of this job, it is to thread original costumes and show another picture of one. On top of that, I like tattoos well and besides I have several of them on the arm. It was rather amusing. I was dressed up in gore doll, with hands blotted with blood, flowing mascara, a crown on the head and my dog just near. It was full of twinkles in films of terror.

- You were also among the guests of a parade of haute couture in the capital. Vraie Fashion victim or plan mass media?

I was simply invited to parade Galliano because I had performed a session photograph dressed by this creator some days earlier. It is the first time that I attended such show. It is very short, very nice. A favoured enough instant. In fact, I am rather seldom displayed in society parties and I try to choose my appearances. It is also a way to preserve me. I share my life between Paris and Ajaccio. I have a life of family with my daughter and my fellows. I made the choice to keep a very strong clamp with Corsica, and notably Ajaccio. It is a question of equilibrium.

- You remain faithful to the Enfoires. It is something that holds dear to you …

Yes, certainly. I joined the group at the age of fifteen years, at my beginning. Defended reason is very important and I make sure to free myself every winter during the ten days of tour. They would any more like not to have to make of show because it would mean that everybody eats in his hunger. But unfortunately, it is still far from being case.

- In when a new French tour of Alizée solo?

According to the reception of the public. For the time being nothing is envisaged. The exit of this album is already a very good news. I do not like to burn stages.

- By waiting for a possible tour, your French-speaking aficionados can really find consolation with a casket collector of the new CD …

Yes. It is a box with hats edited in three thousand five hundred copies with exclusive contents: a mirror, a novel photograph, a vinyl I try to prepare always an edition restricted for my fans.

Purposes gathered by Laurent Casasoprana

'5 ', new album of Alizée, on March 25th in receptacles.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:44 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Thanks ALS...
Old 08-22-2013, 09:31 PM
Super Moderator

Mon Maquis is on a distinguished road

That's interesting...3,500 copies of the box set were made.
Old 08-22-2013, 11:29 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray4AJ View Post
and at the end she mentions 3500 "5" collector's boxes being available, I think. I didn't think there were that many available.
I think this is what she meant:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mon Maquis View Post
3,500 copies of the box set were made.
I believe Karin said a while back that about 2500 had been ordered

Tags
corsematin, interview