Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 01-02-2011, 03:30 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by severianb View Post
You never know. I'd personally rather see her move on and try new things. I think MCE and En Concert were the pinnacle for that team. Why mess with perfection?
Perfection gets old after a while. But somehow this is different with Mylene's musical career.

ANYWAY, back to the topic.

Even if Alizee doesn't continue her career, will you guys still go back and watch old interviews and music videos very often? Or will you guys give up on her?
Old 01-02-2011, 03:33 AM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

I find it hard to rewatch old videos and interviews over and over, but I'd never stop listening to her music.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 01-02-2011, 03:43 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhiri View Post
I find it hard to rewatch old videos and interviews over and over, but I'd never stop listening to her music.
Well that is good then....after all, like you said, you don't have that "drive" that us men do to learn everything about her and gaze upon her everyday...
Old 01-02-2011, 04:13 AM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
Well that is good then....after all, like you said, you don't have that "drive" that us men do to learn everything about her and gaze upon her everyday...
Right. I admire her as a role model but there's an extra something there for her adoring male fans.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 01-02-2011, 09:04 AM
Cheesy

Naft is on a distinguished road

I'll agree with Jalen and say it isn't UeDS fault, after prolonged exposure the passion that was there has for some gone away, for some it won't just die out yet and for some it's just started. Unless I'm mistaken there was a thread about this not to long ago that after 3-5 years of loving a person and being married you might not feel the same "love" you felt as on the day at the chapel, but you stay with that person for the morality and something else I can't remember.
Old 01-02-2011, 10:50 AM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Maybe for some people it is because of UEdS, but not for me. I liked the album and I like seeing Alizée trying different things artistically. I tend to listen to what's current. When Psych came out, I listened to it more than her previous stuff, and the same is true with UEdS. I still go back and listen to her first 2 albums occasionally, as I also occasionally watch her old videos and En Concert. I appreciate her older work, but I don't allow myself to get stuck in the past only.

I think Alizée is more or less between promos right now and actually I'm surprised we have been hearing from her occasionally during this period. I take that as a very positive sign. I think she's obviously aware that her fan base (at least at home) has shrunk over the years, but she also realizes that the fans she currently has are very dedicated and with her for the long term. Maybe that encourages her to open up a bit more to them.

Regardless, when Alizée has nothing going on in public, it's only natural that the "off topic" threads will see a lot more activity. Other forums just get very quiet. It's nice to know that ours remains alive and active.
Old 01-02-2011, 10:55 AM
... qui vous veut du bien

Corsaire is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naft View Post
I'll agree with Jalen and say it isn't UeDS fault, after prolonged exposure the passion that was there has for some gone away, for some it won't just die out yet and for some it's just started. Unless I'm mistaken there was a thread about this not to long ago that after 3-5 years of loving a person and being married you might not feel the same "love" you felt as on the day at the chapel, but you stay with that person for the morality and something else I can't remember.
Hi Naft,

It depends on what it is you are attracted to. Most people will change drastically physically and emotionally throughout the years and decades and this change in itself can be a very stimulating and can help keep the flame burning. If the attraction is based on the core of the person (her/his true inner qualities) you can be in love forever with that person. I have been with the same person since my teen years and I do not see any signs of dying attraction, quite to the contrary indeed and I am not that young anymore...

You really do have to work at it and compromise and try your best to make it work, but I will admit that in truth, it is mainly luck. This amazing chance that only blesses a few and that allows one to find a partner that is a perfect match. And it has to be a perfect match for both partners to really work... What are the odds of that happening!?

As for Alizée, well, even if I find this very hard to admit, it is an “image” that I am attracted to. She truly seems like to most adorable, charming, generous and sincere person in the world, but that is an image that might or might not be the real person. There is an inherent limitation there and I think it is quite possible that the interest might wear down as it does for any “image”. Of course, she is such an important part of my life right now, referring to her as being an “image” seems ridiculous, but I have to be realistic about what she truly is. Nevertheless, Alizée has caused such an impact in my life that even if I stopped being interested in her today, she would still have been a very positive and a very important experience for me.

Last edited by Corsaire; 01-02-2011 at 02:16 PM..
Old 01-02-2011, 11:09 AM
Cheesy

Naft is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsaire View Post
Hi Naft,

It depends on what it is you are attracted to. Most people will change drastically physically and emotionally throughout the years and decades and this change in itself can be a very stimulating and can help keep the flame burning. If the attraction is based on the core of the person (her/his true inner qualities) you can be in love forever with that person. I have been with the same person since my teen years and I do not see any signs of dying attraction, quite to the contrary indeed and I am not that young anymore...

You really do have to work at it and compromise and try your best to make it work, but I will admit that in truth, it is mainly luck. This amazing chance that only bless a few and that allows one to find a partner that is a perfect match. And it has to be a perfect match for both partners to really work... What are the odds of that happening!?

As for Alizée, well, even if I find this very hard to admit, it is an “image” that I am attracted to. She truly seems like to most adorable, charming, generous and sincere person in the world, but that is an image that might or might not be the real person. There is an inherent limitation there and I think it is quite possible that the interest might wear down as it does for any “image”. Of course, she is such an important part of my life right now, referring to her as being an “image” seems ridiculous, but I have to be realistic about what she truly is. Nevertheless, Alizée has caused such an impact in my life that even if I stopped being interested by her today, she would still have been a very positive and a very important experience for me.
But as you mentioned yourself most of us simply love the image she's created, less than her as a person as we don't see nor talk to her without a camera being involved in one way or another. As you said it depends from person to person, I am simply speculating.

I also think she's affected us in different ways, sub-conscious or not I'm sure she's had some effect on most of the members on here.
Old 01-02-2011, 11:46 AM

BlackAnthem is on a distinguished road

Hey I totally agree with everything said here and I wish I could be a part of it. Unfortunately I will be taking a break from the thread to deal with personal issues. As of November I became moderately depressed and it appears to be getting worse.

I will see you all when things clear up. Hopefully soon.

All the Best,
BlackAnthem
Old 01-02-2011, 12:35 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

I barely see the "image". The first thing I do is try to see beyond such things. Yes, Alizée is attractive, and that helps to create the initial interest to dig deeper. But the music is a big part of what interests me. But there is much to like about her beyond the image.

If you have paid attention to all the information available concerning Alizée over the last ten years, especially things she has said and done, you can sort of do a bit of speculating. As far as I can tell, Alizée is basically a good person, along with a few traits that some may see as negative or find annoying. In other words, she's a lot like most people who are for the most part very nice and likeable, but not perfect. What more can one expect of her? I see no evidence that she is not worthy of a reasonable amount of respect and admiration. I admire anyone who can keep their head on straight, especially in the environment in which Alizée has had to operate during the last ten years. She's done better than a lot of celebrities. Of course I don't know her personally, so I can't verify my conclusions with any evidence, but I haven't seen anything that would make me see her in a different light. And considering the fact that I am speculating, I won't go into any more detail than I already have. Let's just say that I don't think her celebrity status has changed her much.

I believe her strong personality traits were pretty well developed before her rise to fame and have remained fairly consistant throughout all that has happened to her in the last ten years. Regardless of what you may think of those personality traits, maybe that's the most admirable thing of all, that Alizée consistantly remains Alizée, regardless of outside forces tugging and pulling at her. But that's just my opinion.

I don't expect her to be perfect. That would be terribly unfair to anyone. If one expects Alizée to somehow be better than everyone else, sooner or later one is in for a disappointment. I believe she once said that she has a very strong "Corsican personality". Maybe that's not such a bad way to describe it. But in the end, my focus remains on the music, and on Alizée, the person.

Tags
alizee, alizeeamerica, focus, new direction