Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 01-25-2007, 07:20 AM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

I don't think Cire was implying anything quite that scale. I assume just a group of friends like you guys had. That's not so hard. I had like five people over to my place in NYC for her Birthday in 2005. For something a bit bigger, the easiest thing to do is probably just rent a movie theater for a day. That's easy around here, and assuming a few people chip in, not that expensive (it's done for birthday parties, etc.). Might even be able to get one for free or fairly cheap if my college contacts are still good: I co-directed our campus film festival last year, with screenings on the largest movie screen in Maryland.

Of course the best thing is still fanmeetings in Paris. Hopefully the next thing we'll be organizing is a trip to see Alizée en concert!

Last edited by Ben; 01-25-2007 at 07:28 AM..
Old 01-25-2007, 07:28 AM
Banned

RMJ is on a distinguished road

Next thing to organize is trip to her concert around her birthday in Paris !

I hope.
Old 01-25-2007, 11:40 AM
no use for a title

nurvonic is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cane17 View Post
Thats the thing they don't like her but i'm sure i get them to do something.

well thats too bad. keep me updated on what they say.
Old 01-25-2007, 11:58 PM

cane17 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by guldebrett View Post
Cane17,

here's 2 (.JPG) scans that I made from the original photos that I have of Jenifer. You won't find these photos anywhere on the web, except here. Since you're also a Jenifer fan I thought that you might like a copy. I also have an original autographed photo where she's looking very beautiful but as you can probably guess it's in a float frame like the ones on La Crème Brûlée's music wall (see earlier pix in this thread) so I can't scan it right now. If I ever take it out of the frame I'll be sure to send you a scan if I can.

If you want the .BMP files from my scans let me know and I'll upload them, but since the pix are from a non-digital camera (a film camera) the scans will only be a good as my pix, which aren't the greatest quality.

sure,i can use some Jeni pics.btw i just got the Jenifer fait son live DVD and all i got to say is WOW !!!!!! just wow.

Old 01-26-2007, 03:25 AM
Fidèle Toujours

Cooney is on a distinguished road

Hell, if you East-Coasters do a get-together, let me know, and I may fly in from WA State for it. The vast majority (read - all!) of my family is on the East Coast, and many of them have expressed an interest in having me stay with them for a couple days on pretty much any excuse I can make up :-) I've got my closest connections in Maryland, DC, and northern Florida, but I could probably pull off most parts of the coast.
Old 01-26-2007, 03:28 AM
Gone to Alaska

guldebrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cane17 View Post
... I just got the Jenifer fait son live DVD and all i got to say is WOW !!!!!! just wow.
Yep... showed the 9ft wide concert at Le Creme Brulee on 11 Feb 2006. It was a hit! Full house... great concert! Most people here probably don't know how good of an entertainer Jenifer really is. Not only is she Alizee's good friend but she puts on one hell of a concert too.

Cane17, you should also check out Lorie's 2006 concert Tour DVD, it's great also. By the way, all the Les Enfoires from 2001 - 2006 are also really great, although you could pass on Les Enfoires 2003, it's my least favorite. Alizee is in 2001 & 2002. Les Enfoires 2002 is probably the best of them all with 2006 in second and 2005 in third. I can't wait until 2007 is offered on DVD because it'll probably be great also.

If I had an extra external hard drive I would copy them for you because their not cheap, especially when you buy them all at once. You're talking hundreds of dollars but well worth it, at least to me.

Last edited by guldebrett; 01-26-2007 at 03:42 AM..
Old 01-26-2007, 04:33 AM
Century Child

It's interesting, though I suppose not surprising, how many Alizée fans end up listening to French teen-pop.

Yeah, Jenifer is good. Great voice, though could stand having slightly less-generic songs. I actually find her concert DVD a little dull, though. Nice recording and all, but doesn't really capture the energy of being there. Oh well. I think her career's a bit on thin ice at the moment too, not having done much since the tour, and looking quite odd in her last few appearances, amidst rumors of eating disorders. Uh oh...

Lorie, on the other hand, I can't understand what you guys see in her at all, other than a fit body of course! She's gotta be one of the most highly manufactured and immature pop-singers I've seen (I know, ironic being said on Alizée forum, but still...). I mean, what's the point of watching a "Live" DVD where she's lip-syncing half the time anyway? She'd probably have been a back-up dancer had her father not been studio manager at RTL. Nepotism.

In recent years, Enfiores has become rather commercial and over-blown too. The real meaning of the charity has been lost in the spectacle. But well, at least it's still for a good cause. I agree that 2002 was one of the best.

There's so much more to French music if you get away from the bubblegum stuff. Here's one good overview:
http://www.lehall.com/galerie/chansonsactuelles/

Last edited by Ben; 01-26-2007 at 04:36 AM..
Old 01-26-2007, 04:50 AM
Gone to Alaska

guldebrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snatcher42 View Post
It's interesting, though I suppose not surprising, how many Alizée fans end up listening to French teen-pop.

Yeah, Jenifer is good. Great voice, though could stand having slightly less-generic songs. I actually find her concert DVD a little dull, though. Nice recording and all, but doesn't really capture the energy of being there. Oh well. I think her career's a bit on thin ice at the moment too, not having done much since the tour, and looking quite odd in her last few appearances, amidst rumors of eating disorders. Uh oh...

Lorie, on the other hand, I can't understand what you guys see in her at all, other than a fit body of course! She's gotta be one of the most highly manufactured and immature pop-singers I've seen (I know, ironic being said on Alizée forum, but still...). I mean, what's the point of watching a "Live" DVD where she's lip-syncing half the time anyway? She'd probably have been a back-up dancer had her father not been studio manager at RTL. Nepotism.

In recent years, Enfiores has become rather commercial and over-blown too. The real meaning of the charity has been lost in the spectacle. But well, at least it's still for a good cause. I agree that 2002 was one of the best.

There's so much more to French music if you get away from the bubblegum stuff. Here's one good overview:
http://www.lehall.com/galerie/chansonsactuelles/
I couldn't disagree with you more, I think they're all great! Both great music and fantastic entertainment. Who cares if it's commercial or non-commercial.. good music and good entertainment are good music and good entertainment. Some say that Alizee is commercial. To each his own, I guess.
Old 01-26-2007, 04:57 AM
Century Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by guldebrett View Post
I couldn't disagree with you more, I think they're all great! Both great music and fantastic entertainment. Who cares if it's commercial or non-commercial.. good music and good entertainment are good music and good entertainment. Some say that Alizee is commercial. To each his own, I guess.
Well first of all, except for Lorie I didn't say any of it wasn't good. I am a Jenifer fan, for example, and always watch Les Enfiores. I'm just saying that there's much more out there - stuff that's even better (subjectively) and more substantive (objectively). Teen-pop is the musical equivalent of candy (though Lorie is more like mainlining sugar): it's nice and all, but you gotta have your meat 'n potatoes sometime too.

EDIT: Yeah, Alizée has definitely been commercial, nothing wrong with that. Though her association with Mylene added an extra layer, like a fine chocolate with liquor center. And things seem to be pointing to a more mature Alizée with her return, which I'm eager to see.

Hmm, suddenly feeling hungry now...

Last edited by Ben; 01-26-2007 at 05:09 AM..
Old 01-26-2007, 06:22 AM

rcs is on a distinguished road
Talking Hungry?

Speaking of hungry...Alizee just sounds like it would be a great desert. I know if I ever come across something called Alizee in a restaurant, I might just have to try it. Yummy, or is that Miam-Miam.