Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

View Poll Results: Which album do you prefer?
Psychédélices 22 33.33%
Une enfant du siècle 38 57.58%
I can't decide... 6 9.09%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-22-2010, 05:17 PM

MYGOGT is on a distinguished road
Default Today it is Psych

Specifically Fifty Sixty because today I turned 50 and born in '60. So it's a 50-60 repeat day for me!!!!!!
Old 04-25-2010, 11:42 PM
International Fan

Jess is on a distinguished road

Une enfant du siècle for me...

Paix, Amour et Musique ☮ ♥ ♫ http://www.international-music-videos.com

Old 07-20-2012, 12:05 AM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall06 View Post
Dang, this thread is like a rock and a hard place for me.
I'm gonna have to go with Psych still, as my favorite because of the diversity it has, it reminds me of Thriller a bit, which has a taste of rock, funk as well as ballads in it. I like the different sounds they both have. Though I agree also that the more consistent, uniform-ness of UEDS is great in a way as well. As I said I'm going to go for Psych, but watch out, the scale is still adjusting, you never know if UEDS might come out on top later on.
(Psych by the way is my favorite Lilly album, UEDS and MCE tied for second)

I was looking back at the albums so far and I remembered this thread, and it's interesting that UEDS did end up the favorite over Psych. My answer is still the same, Psych has for a long long time been my favorite album of hers, though that could change with her upcoming one. Has anybody changed their minds since then?

Edit: Also, what do the newer members think?
Old 07-20-2012, 12:25 AM

Gourmandises is on a distinguished road

I totes went for psych, I like the happy dancey mood a little more.
Old 07-20-2012, 08:21 AM

Panther is on a distinguished road

I love UEDS. I still play it at least 3 or 4 times a week. I'm afraid Psych is my least favourite of all her albums.
Old 07-20-2012, 10:06 AM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Psychédélices is a much better album in everyday .... I dont know how you guys UED over it. Maybe it is just the fact that it is newer and created the last impression ... idk

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 07-20-2012, 11:15 AM
#Lilibugged #Alizéen #Hashtag

melovelily is on a distinguished road

Psych all the way
Idealiser ( one of my fav songs ) alone is better than any song on UED
Old 07-20-2012, 11:22 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Well there are not enough options in this poll. Both of these albums were flops in France. So are the French people stupid, or are they narrow minded? No! I think they are very intelligent and very open to music from all over the world. If they hear a song in French and a song in English or some other language, they will choose the song that is best, whether or not it's from a French singer.

Now the only "very good" song on either of these albums was PLP and it was a very good song, but it's presentation was very lacking, very mediocre, so it got lost in the dust. I attribute this to the fact that her career was being managed by someone who didn't know what they were doing. If MF and LB were handling the presentation of this song, it would have been a chart topper. It would have had a great video, but it was handled by amateurs and when presented to a people who were savvy to all the great music from all over the world, it fell flat on it's face.

Now her career is being managed by Sony. These people have a tremendous amount of experience and expertese. They will handle this new album the right way.
Old 07-20-2012, 04:09 PM

Lucas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Now her career is being managed by Sony. These people have a tremendous amount of experience and expertese. They will handle this new album the right way.
we hope so, but now it doesn't look so optimistically
Old 07-20-2012, 04:40 PM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

I can't say much for France's current music tastes, but it goes the same for the US and well, all over the world. Crappy music is just what has been popular the past few years. The most popular artists have music that sounds like it was cut from the same cloth. Add some trance and it's a hit.

As far as Alizee's solo albums (no MF or LB) I prefer Psychedelices. UEDS wasn't BAD it just sounded kinda boring to me. I think she was trying to sound more mature and dark, but it just didn't work and overall, it was very pretentious. I think Jeremy is an incredible artist, but it was still a bit too childish. I mean, think about it. Psychedelices era she was wearing stuff with cupcakes and rainbows on it. It's cute, but not suitable for a grown woman, imo.

I think this next album will be great, but I don't know if it will appeal to France's current tastes. The first single just doesn't have that many views on Youtube, but hopefully the music video will help. They're doing well so far with the promotion, and from what I've seen/heard so far, they're going for a much more sophisticated image this time. Sexy, but in a classy way.