Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 11-19-2008, 04:04 PM
Logical Progression

Tomtentp is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I may sound a little bitter with some of the statements I've made. Especially where I've said she looks and sounds like a housewife and the music she re-orchestrated sounds like crap, but that's how I honestly feel. I'm just not pulling any punches. Some people seemed to think that we might hurt her feelings if she saw these statements. Well I think if people had been more honest with their feelings, she might have gotten the message that "real" changes needed to be made some time ago. But it looks like it's all water under the bridge now.

One of the most disappointing things about all this is the fact that she hasn't come out and said anything to her fans. Flying over there wasn't that much of an imposition for me because I work for an airline, but there were numerous fans who for them, this was probably the trip of a lifetime, who lost money on airline tickets and hotel reservations that they could ill afford to lose who deserve an explanation or at least an apology.

Maybe she's somewhat like Marie Antoinette. Instead of saying "Let them eat cake", she's saying "Let them fly back next March", not realizing how difficult that would be for a lot of people, especially not knowing if the concert might be canceled again. I don't think this is the case though. I said in a post not to long ago, that I thought that she has a lot of class as a person. I feel very strongly about that. I think that she's probably caught up in events or ongoing work or family matters that hasn't permitted her the time to come forward. At least that's what I keep telling myself. Time will tell. These people deserve an explanation.
Trip of a life time? Marie Antoinette? You never sieze to amaze me with your exaggerations. You make it sound as if it was the end of the world

Anyway, I was wondering, what was everyone else doing on october the 23rd? And then I mean in particular you guys that did fly over there. Did you all meet up in a bar and cried it out over a couple or did you sit outside the hall, screaming out your sorrows in the rain (did it rain? It should've anyway).

I was listening to some music and found this song which made me think of this event. If anyone got any video material from the 23rd @ paris maybe it would be cool to make a compsition with this song in the background with some text rollin' explaining how sad this missout really was.

Here is the song, not 100% matching lyrics but pretty close. Same athmosphere atleast.

... I see avatar people...

L´Ordre D'Alizée!
Old 11-19-2008, 10:07 PM

lowbeam is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomtentp View Post
Anyway, I was wondering, what was everyone else doing on october the 23rd? And then I mean in particular you guys that did fly over there. Did you all meet up in a bar and cried it out over a couple or did you sit outside the hall, screaming out your sorrows in the rain (did it rain? It should've anyway).
As well as I can remember - sorry, I have old-timers disease - had breakfast (croissant, baguette, fruit, cheese, and coffee) at my hotel served by a pretty girl who spoke little English but was always very pleasant. Listened to the murmur of voices speaking a beautiful language that I don't understand. Took a walk in the early morning, soaking in the atmosphere of Parisian streets. Returned to the hotel and changed into my full Alizée regalia, met the other fans that were staying at the same hotel. I think we waited for Amigo to show up (if you talk about him he appears, just like someone else is supposed to ), then we went to the Grand Rex to meet the other fans. There we visited, took pictures, and generally made a nuisance of ourselves, good times.

We all rode the Metro to the Eiffel Tower, somehow I would up in the same car with the ladies, talked to Dana
and she said I sounded like a cowboy

At the Eiffel again we visited and took pictures, more good times. The other fans were going up the Tower and GGIN and I had already been and wanted to visit some other sights so we departed. We took the Metro and walked from La Defense to the Zenith - one end of Paris to the other. The Zenith was our little pilgrimage on Alizée Day, both destinations were more than worth the trip.

Met the other fans at the Louvre, they were heading to a non-French restaurant, again GGIN and I split off, we wanted to go to a French restaurant even though it was expensive. We went to a restaurant near our hotel, what an experience! They sat us next to a non-English speaking couple and we had a great meal and a wonderful time. Some Scottish business men sat across from us, we talked and laughed, then they started singing some Scottish songs, I couldn't understand a word but they were definitely enjoying themselves. After we finished the wine we were feeling good so we traveled to the Arc de Triomphe and walked along the Av Des Champs Elysees, finally returning to the hotel tired from a long and happy day.

So no crying in my beer, no screaming out my sorrows, just a wonderful day and all thanks to that tiny girl and her fans. And that was just one day out of seven.
Old 11-19-2008, 10:21 PM
Choosy moms choose Tchaikovsky

Tchaikovsky is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowbeam View Post
As well as I can remember - sorry, I have old-timers disease - had breakfast (croissant, baguette, fruit, cheese, and coffee) at my hotel served by a pretty girl who spoke little English but was always very pleasant. Listened to the murmur of voices speaking a beautiful language that I don't understand. Took a walk in the early morning, soaking in the atmosphere of Parisian streets. Returned to the hotel and changed into my full Alizée regalia, met the other fans that were staying at the same hotel. I think we waited for Amigo to show up (if you talk about him he appears, just like someone else is supposed to ), then we went to the Grand Rex to meet the other fans. There we visited, took pictures, and generally made a nuisance of ourselves, good times.

We all rode the Metro to the Eiffel Tower, somehow I would up in the same car with the ladies, talked to Dana
and she said I sounded like a cowboy

At the Eiffel again we visited and took pictures, more good times. The other fans were going up the Tower and GGIN and I had already been and wanted to visit some other sights so we departed. We took the Metro and walked from La Defense to the Zenith - one end of Paris to the other. The Zenith was our little pilgrimage on Alizée Day, both destinations were more than worth the trip.

Met the other fans at the Louvre, they were heading to a non-French restaurant, again GGIN and I split off, we wanted to go to a French restaurant even though it was expensive. We went to a restaurant near our hotel, what an experience! They sat us next to a non-English speaking couple and we had a great meal and a wonderful time. Some Scottish business men sat across from us, we talked and laughed, then they started singing some Scottish songs, I couldn't understand a word but they were definitely enjoying themselves. After we finished the wine we were feeling good so we traveled to the Arc de Triomphe and walked along the Av Des Champs Elysees, finally returning to the hotel tired from a long and happy day.

So no crying in my beer, no screaming out my sorrows, just a wonderful day and all thanks to that tiny girl and her fans. And that was just one day out of seven.
Sounds like you had a good time.
Old 11-20-2008, 03:51 PM
Logical Progression

Tomtentp is on a distinguished road

Quote:
...soaking in the atmosphere of Parisian streets...
A-ha! So it was raining after all! I knew it all along! (Joke )

Quote:
Cool to hear the trip was not a total waste.

Old-timers disease? Is that a joke? Because I can't even remember yesterday in that detail, althou yesterday was kinda boring, nothing really happened and.. oh right, the 23rd...
Anyone else?

... I see avatar people...

L´Ordre D'Alizée!