Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 10-09-2008, 12:22 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC View Post
I wouldn't get your hopes up too high on that last sentence....sorry to burst ur bubbles. But if it does go down, it makes more sense to do something on a smaller scale....but gettin invited is going to be another thing. How they determine that will probably leave many loyal fans out in the cold and heartbroken...again...
Bubbles burst? It may be possible to reschedule plane tickets or keep them up in the air (no pun intended) for up to a year in some cases. But we have to decide to still go for a fan meeting or if possible do that waiting in case March actually by some miracle works out. Oh how I would love to be contacted with a decent explanation of this and be invited to meet with Alizée at a time/place I can actually attend. That's not a bubble. It's a wish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
I can't help but to think the US and international fans are out in the cold on this one. She'll take care of her loyal French fans and of course she will be back in Mexico. But I guess I've never felt like we mattered that much to Alizée and/or her team, but I've enjoyed her music and performances all the same. It's the bittersweet aspect of being an Alizée fan from the USA...

Alizée could be cold hearted about this whole thing, or maybe she’s been crying her eyes out for the last 48 hours. She could be just casually brushing this whole incident off or she could be sick with grief over it. It's probably very hard for her to share with us her feelings, but I think she needs to do it.
She does need to share with us because it matters to us what she actually thinks.

Merci Fanny

Last edited by Roman; 10-09-2008 at 12:25 AM..
Old 10-09-2008, 02:22 AM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
I can't help but to think the US and international fans are out in the cold on this one. She'll take care of her loyal French fans and of course she will be back in Mexico.
If ticket sales were as low as reported, then international sales made up a rather large part of them. And of course we're the one's hardest hit by this. So even if it doesn't make the most business sense, I'd be very disappointed if any compensation event for the delay didn't somehow acknowledge us. And that's all I'll say on the matter until we hear more.

Sorry if my comments seem too negative. More so on AF than on here, people are asking if we should "blame Alizée" for this. I don't see why that matters. This isn't about faith in Alizée as an individual, but in her as an artist and as a business. I don't care who's at fault here or why - it happened. I don't blame Alizée personally because I don't even think that far. She's an entertainer, being her fan is supposed to be fun, not a headache. We've all been more than willing to do our part, but we're not seeing a return on that effort anymore. So I have to wonder how much it's worth it.

It's like with the current presidential debates. Both candidates try to blame the other for all the problems in our country at the moment. But I always find myself thinking, "I don't care who's fault it is, I just want to know who has the better plan to get us out of it!" Unfortunately, we haven't been hearing of any solutions to Alizée's problems from her camp.

So sure an explanation would be nice, but it's not really going to mean anything until things start to change. And I don't care who makes that happen as long as it does. If it's out of Lili's ability, then that's a real shame and I feel sorry for her. But I'm not gonna throw myself on a sword either. There's more to life than this. My first nephew was born last week, for instance, and it's not right that I've been worrying about this more the past few days than been thinking about his sweet face.

Last edited by Ben; 10-09-2008 at 04:10 AM..
Old 10-09-2008, 06:46 AM

techno_Millenium is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Grand Rex Postponement Discussion (Merged)

I left a little comment on her myspace. Let's see if it gets deleted too. This is not fair to anyone. I'm beginning to wonder, i think the GRand Rex is haunted or something, like, ok, i'm trying to make a little fun here between all the anger i feel right now, but last year i was supposed to go to Anna Vissi's concert (she's a greek singer) that was going to happen at the Grand Rex too on 25th October. Guess what, 2 weeks before it was canceled too. Do you know what was the excuse? Anna was performing the night before in Bruxelles and the excuse was that they wouldn't have time to move all the equipment from one venue to the other in just one day!!!!!!!! Yeah that's right, no more no less. Now if they already new this why did they let things run until 2 weeks before the event???? So, i think the reason is all the same for both concerts and it is: LOW TICKET SALES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And in MArch they are going to be even low. This was all a big mistake from Alizee's managment company.
Old 10-09-2008, 07:29 AM

C-4 is on a distinguished road

I have not been able to afford to go to France, or Mexico, or any other place to see Alizée as some here have already done.

I do feel bad for those of you who have made the expensive committment to see her in Paris and wish that I had the cash to have made that trip myself, but when all is said and done, I do not blame Alizée for any of this.
She has a managament company and record company who make these decisions. Yes, she may have a word about it, but the final decision is based on what the company decides the bottom line will be.

Look at the entire world financial market situation. It has hit everyone, and may in fact become more bleak as time moves forward. This being the case, it is very possible that the tightening of spendable income has caused the cancellation of the show, along with other events that may have been planned for other artists, who may not have a top world following. There are those who may not have purchased advanced tickets, but may have tried to buy then just before the show.

I'm sure that unless Alizée had put all of her earned income into gold, that she as well has taken a serious financial hit.

Things are going to change for everyone after the mess the lying crooks in government and on Wall street have left to us.

While I understand the disapointment and possible blame some here might wish to express, remember that no one knows the real story yet. No one may ever know the "real" story. Alizée's company may instruct her on what to say, or she may just state what caused this cancellation on her own.

I have become an Alizée fan not because of expecting to receive something from her, but because she gave of herself and I accepted what she offered openly and without conditions attached.

I will remain a fan unconditionally, which is how I believe a real fan should think about it. Believe me, I would be extremely pissed off to lose the money I hear some of you are losing, and I understand your being mad as hell. However, until I found out the reason, blaming Alizée, or feeling mad at her for no explanation, is like pissing down your own leg. It is all speculation and only speculation.

We don't know how she is taking this news, do we? We don't know how her personal life has been affected, do we? We don't know that something critical in her personal life has happened to affect this, do we?

If in fact it is due to low ticket sales, the concert may not make any money, but instead, may lose money. It's not like she is on tour all over the world and one venue has a low turn-out, so they can afford to absorb the loss and hold the concert anyway. Times are different now, tougher, harder, and money is tighter for all of us, including Alizée and others in France, who also are affected by the world financial crisis.

I would love to be able to see Alizée in concert one day or even get the golden opportunity to meet her personally. However, abandoning her when she may most need our support is not going to make any positive change. It may mean, however, that she may never again record or do concert work. If that happens, we all lose.
Old 10-09-2008, 08:12 AM

rcs is on a distinguished road
Cool

I'm still game for getting together with all the fans, Alizee or not. It will be helpful for me to familiarize myself with the city if I ever get another chance to go back for a concert or fan meeting with Alizee. It's an empty feeling without her visiting Paris, but if you guys decide not go, then it will definitely be an empty feeling. Please decide soon...

Edit: Okay, I just read my emails. I'm going too. Roman, call or text me at work if you have alternate plans. I totally understand.

Alizee: Wowww!

Last edited by rcs; 10-09-2008 at 08:24 AM..
Old 10-09-2008, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcs View Post
I'm still game for getting together with all the fans, Alizee or not. It will be helpful for me to familiarize myself with the city if I ever get another chance to go back for a concert or fan meeting with Alizee. It's an empty feeling without her visiting Paris, but if you guys decide not go, then it will definitely be an empty feeling. Please decide soon...

Edit: Okay, I just read my emails. I'm going too. Roman, call or text me at work if you have alternate plans. I totally understand.
I lived in Paris for 2 months without Alizée. You won't be there long enough to think about how much it sucks. If someone has not been there ever or was a long long time ago (guess RCS was there once), then just think about what an interesting city it is for a couple days and go home having visited Paris. Well, I have a hotel still booked for the 21th through 26th. I'll have to figure out what days to be there.
http://www.alizee-forum.com/showthre...617#post738617
there is a thread on Alizee-forum about a fan meeting. If you feel like me, remember to find the vomit bag when you get on the plane. You may need it. Yeah, it really is cheaper to go to Mexico and not see Alizée. Maybe it is better if she concentrates on that place. Still, I of course wanted to see her in Paris. Maybe by March I will again be able to go. I have not been able to sleep since yesterday moring; so, I'm sorry I can't think well enough to re-make plans right now, but I am really starting to think I will go to the fan meeting.
Maybe when I wake up after I finally fall asleep again, I will be delighted to see Alizée wrote us a couple words of some sort.

Merci Fanny

Last edited by Roman; 10-09-2008 at 09:49 AM..
Old 10-09-2008, 09:50 AM

techno_Millenium is on a distinguished road

Well, i'm still going to Paris because i was going to other 2 concerts from other 2 singers on 20th and 21th. But instead of just returning on 24th i will return on 22nd October. I live in Europe so, with lowcost flights it was not diffucult to change the return flight. About this cancelation or postponed concert it seems that this is not happening just with Alizee. Last year Melissa Mars canceled her whole french tour and just gave a concert in Paris at La Cigale and Nadiya has been constantly cancelling her french tour too, due to low ticket sales, it has been postponed at least 3 times. It's really said because these artists have so much to offer.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-4 View Post
I have become an Alizée fan not because of expecting to receive something from her, but because she gave of herself and I accepted what she offered openly and without conditions attached.

I will remain a fan unconditionally, which is how I believe a real fan should think about it. Believe me, I would be extremely pissed off to lose the money I hear some of you are losing, and I understand your being mad as hell. However, until I found out the reason, blaming Alizée, or feeling mad at her for no explanation, is like pissing down your own leg. It is all speculation and only speculation.
Well, C-4, without refuting what you say there, I'll just say, that's easy for you to say.
In order to ever go see Alizée and certainly to get her to come to the U.S., you would have to give a lot of yourself and really learn what it means for one to give of one's self.
Then after that you might start to feel like you need a little something more from her to keep doing it, like maybe communication of some sort at least. You might find yourself questioning yourself whether or not only being able to speculate about things is enough.
Being able to do a lot for Alizée (not that I really have done much myself) and being able to do a lot to go see Alizée (that I know about) and not requiring more than some songs and videos occasionally or someday is a difficult art to master. Indeed, one should consider it an achievement in and of itself.

Merci Fanny
Old 10-09-2008, 10:48 AM
Choosy moms choose Tchaikovsky

Tchaikovsky is on a distinguished road

So...how the hell are the people who lost their money going to be repaid?
Old 10-09-2008, 11:38 AM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Why not hold the "rendez-vous réservé à ses fans" on October 23rd? That seems an easy way to compensate fans, save face, not loose money on a concert, and still make it to the awards on October 29th. There are solutions to this. Mexico can wait for one day.

Last edited by Ben; 10-09-2008 at 12:53 PM..