Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 02-12-2011, 12:51 AM
Merci Alizée

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanDeAliFee View Post

To be very serious, I will repeat my long-ago suggestion that this site maintain a linking list of all non-trivial Alizée fan-club sites, past and present.
http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/show...03&postcount=6

Note : Psychalizee is now Alizée-France

Last edited by Merci Alizée; 02-12-2011 at 06:41 AM..
Old 02-12-2011, 12:51 AM
Ethical

DrSmith is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
One thing I hope is that the next album is danceable.
Maybe she could collaborate with French DJ Junior Caldera.

<object width="853" height="510"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qB0N9EjRsXY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&color1=0xc c2550&amp;color2=0xe87a9f"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qB0N9EjRsXY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&color1=0xc c2550&amp;color2=0xe87a9f" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="510"></embed></object>
Old 02-16-2011, 09:14 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Thanks to ZeFox from AF:

Quote:
a priori SONY a posé un ultimatum a alizée, il aurait un seuil minimum de 15 000 ventes a atteindre pour que ce soit rentable, donc il ont proposé a alizée de faire un album pop ou alors il la mettait à la porte !
on peut donc comprendre pourquoi unr etour a la pop est annoncé
j'ai eu vent aussi de "rentrée 2011" !!!

a prendre avec des pincettes, mais cette personne m'est chère, j'ai confiance en ces propos, donc qui vivra verra !
Quote:
Sony issued an ultimatum to Alizée: a minimum amount of 15,000 sales must be reached. So Sony suggested that Alizée should release a pop album! We can now understand why a return to pop was announced! I also heard "September 2011"! Take it with a grain of salt, but that person is dear to me, I trust in these words, so only time will tell!
This is a rumor that Alessandro from AF posted that Zefox said. But I don't know where Zefox heard this from yet. I'll try to get more information.

Last edited by User22; 02-16-2011 at 09:20 PM..
Old 02-16-2011, 09:51 PM
Mňau ^_^

Fèvier is on a distinguished road

Fantabulous!!!
Can't wait!

Old 02-16-2011, 11:08 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

So it appears Sony needs to sell at least 15,000 units in order to be profitable. That's not very many, so I assume they want Alizée to foot the bill for the recording and other up front costs and deliver them a basically finished product. I guess that's no surprise considering I believe that's how they did Psych and UEDS.

The word ultimatum is a bit ominous though. It almost sounds like they are giving her one last chance. Either way, until we hear different, this is still just a rumor. But it sounds plausible. And it may turn out to be a very good thing for her. Let's hope, anyways...
Old 02-16-2011, 11:28 PM
Cheesy

Naft is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
So it appears Sony needs to sell at least 15,000 units in order to be profitable. That's not very many, so I assume they want Alizée to foot the bill for the recording and other up front costs and deliver them a basically finished product. I guess that's no surprise considering I believe that's how they did Psych and UEDS.

The word ultimatum is a bit ominous though. It almost sounds like they are giving her one last chance. Either way, until we hear different, this is still just a rumor. But it sounds plausible. And it may turn out to be a very good thing for her. Let's hope, anyways...
But if she sells 15,000 records (Shouldn't be that hard now should it? She still has her name on the CD and that will sell a fair share, especially if it's a new pop-album) they might take it further, so it could be kind of an "all or nothing" type of deal. Then again I doubt that she's done with music even if Sony won't do their thing, she's only 26 and loves doing what she does.
Old 02-16-2011, 11:38 PM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Smile Union list of important Alizée Web sites

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanDeAliFee View Post
To be very serious, I will repeat my long-ago suggestion that this site maintain a linking list of all non-trivial Alizée fan-club sites, past and present.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merci Alizée View Post

An AAm God should point at the best list published in the thread here from a link on the HOME page of AAm. This is reference information of extremely broad value. Thanks!
Old 02-16-2011, 11:49 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Time to quote myself from AF lol:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
Sony, you have got to be kidding me! UEDS alone sold 20,000 copies! What makes them think a POP ALBUM from the ALIZEE could possibly sell less than 15,000?

If UEDS sold 20,000 and was considered a commercial failure, I wouldn't even want to know what type of failure a pop album selling under 15,000 would be lol.

MAN!!! This rumor gets juicier and juicier
Old 02-16-2011, 11:55 PM
Cheesy

Naft is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Probably just to have some "control" of the whole situation, so she knows she can't make an album worse than UEDS and "get away with it".

Last edited by Naft; 02-17-2011 at 12:00 AM..
Old 02-16-2011, 11:56 PM

sumi1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post

Didn't UEDS sell 20,000 CDs. In addition, include the sales from 1000 expensive box-sets and digital downloads. So, if 15,000 CD sales is the break even point UEDS was marginally profitable.

Assuming that the next album will be more "mainstream", it should not be that difficult to sell 15,000 albums.

But again, rumors and speculations

Edit:

Quote:
Great minds thinking alike, simultaneously :P

Last edited by sumi1; 02-16-2011 at 11:57 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts

Tags
judgement day will happen, sooner, the leak is inminent, yep.still waiting...