Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 06-19-2011, 04:43 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road
Default GRE Advice

Hey guys im going to be taking the GRE in a few months and I was wondering if anyone who has taken it has any adivce, what to study, how to prepare, any good books to recommend, etc.

Thanks very much;
Mike~

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 06-19-2011, 09:12 PM

sumi1 is on a distinguished road

I took GRE in 2007, not sure how much the pattern/syllabus has changed since then.

I had used Barron's GRE book for preparation. Mathematics portion of the test usually covers high school level math and the book contained sufficient practice material. The Verbal reasoning part should be okay if you are a native English speaker or read a lot. It is recommended to familiarize yourself with the word list in the Barron's book. Since I am not a native English speaker, this was the most difficult part for me. The book also came with a CD that contained few practice computer based tests.

Best of luck for your exam. Feel free to ask any questions you may have.
Old 06-20-2011, 10:09 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumi1 View Post
I took GRE in 2007, not sure how much the pattern/syllabus has changed since then.

I had used Barron's GRE book for preparation. Mathematics portion of the test usually covers high school level math and the book contained sufficient practice material. The Verbal reasoning part should be okay if you are a native English speaker or read a lot. It is recommended to familiarize yourself with the word list in the Barron's book. Since I am not a native English speaker, this was the most difficult part for me. The book also came with a CD that contained few practice computer based tests.

Best of luck for your exam. Feel free to ask any questions you may have.
Unfortanatly I just found out they are changing it next moth ! I looked up a word list like you said and im going to study that often. For the math im not too worried but however the pressure is on, I need at least a 700 to be considered so I probably will study it a tad. I am a native English speaker but my writing and english skills are not the best which is why im worried about this section .... which is why im studying the word list like you recommended. Thanks for the advice man, im getting nervous about this thing already. I want to go for my M.S. at Penn State so I really have to stick it to this GRE

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!