Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 03-10-2022, 08:56 AM

BroKenSkullDG is on a distinguished road

I thought she sounded better last year than throughout most of her post - Mylène era years.
Old 03-21-2022, 10:46 AM

Elise is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
What ever the case may be, I think she has to throw her fans a bone once in a while if she wants to maintain that fan base.
She has a fan base?
Old 03-21-2022, 11:46 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elise View Post
She has a fan base?
I don't know where you've been of late. Week after week we see fans posting video after video of her with cover songs. I just posted something where I said she had over 500 views of my "History of Alizee" video las month in Slovenia alone. I would most definitely say she has a fan base.
Old 03-24-2022, 11:26 AM

Elise is on a distinguished road

I’ve been away busy making things and listening to new releases of late. Maybe you can help: her successful work was done in 2000. Do you think most fans of Moi Lolita etc. have grown out of listening to Gourmandises by now?
Old 03-24-2022, 12:51 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elise View Post
I’ve been away busy making things and listening to new releases of late. Maybe you can help: her successful work was done in 2000. Do you think most fans of Moi Lolita etc. have grown out of listening to Gourmandises by now?
Maybe, maybe not.

There are fans of Alizee just as there are fans of Michael Jackson and Elvis.
Old 03-24-2022, 01:54 PM
Crazy Alizée fan 💘

AlizéeSuperFanFIN is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

We are that fan base!

And as I’ve often said myself, after all, Alizée has enough fans, even really a lot, it’s a “bomb-proof” thing!

But for a familiar reason, it's hard to organize this fan base into a decent "visible" unified fan base anymore...

...Because even this AA, the last holy place for Alizée fans, no longer makes people get excited to gather “in one place”!

Alizée 💜
Old 03-24-2022, 02:49 PM

It's hard to show support for Alizée beyond treating her like a nostalgia act if all she keeps giving us are photos documenting her latest golf course excursions or whatever. Whatever she is doing is all about family, which is great for her of course, but there's nothing tangible there to support her for. It has become very tiresome.

Last edited by BroKenSkullDG; 03-24-2022 at 04:56 PM..
Old 03-24-2022, 10:59 PM

I fully understand some of the sentiments being expressed here. I too feel the frustration. ( I feel your pain as some politicians would say.....sorry....had to go there.) Late last year, after seeing what seemed to be an extended period of inactivity, I expressed that frustration by asking her to throw her fans a bone once in a while, a sarcastic expression to be sure.

I think we have to look at things realistically. She's said she's happy where she is, with no plans for another album. Still she seems to enjoy the perks of her singing career. Those endorsements that companies seek from her for their products such as make up and food delivery services, wouldn't come if she wasn't still much in the public eye.

Look recently at when her cat died. How many different media sources in France covered that story? She was as the song Moi Lolita said a phenomenon. She's still a much followed woman and these companies know that. So she's still making money off of her fans. If she enjoys that, if she profits by that, then she should do more than accepting what may be small residuals for what she does. If she's profiting even just a little bit from her fans, she should do more for them. What would that take? Maybe a message or an interview for her fans once in a blue moon (sarcasm)?

Again as far as being realistic, we are all here in the hopes of another album. In her failures since she's left MF/LB, she's worked with some pretty good artists. The main problem was, they didn't have charge of the full monty, the full show. That's what she needs, the management that MF/LB brought to her. It doesn't matter if Jean Jacques Goldman or Patrick Bruel or Patrick Fiori or Pascal Obispo, all brilliant artists, approach her with ideas of a new album. She needs MF/LB.

So where does that leave us? I'm sure the break up between Alizée and MF/LB was a bitter one, but I believe that is in the past. Mylene asked them to help Julia with her dancing but Julia's career is floundering. She's beautiful, with a beautiful voice and has the incredible music machine of MF working for her. Still the one thing she doesn't have is the je ne sais qoui of Alizée.

So what hope could there possibly be in the future for her fans? Well it looks like Mylene is working on the last album of her career and with that her final tour. Could it be Mylene might ask A&G to help the dancers in the show with their dance choreography? If she does, how would she repay Alizée? It wouldn't have to be an album, but maybe a song or two that if it's in the hands of Mylene Farmer, would probably be an amazing thing. That's what keeps me hanging on.
Old 03-25-2022, 05:30 AM

Julia is not an interesting person. She lacks Alizée's charisma and stage presence. But I see no signs of a floundering career. Mylène's impact on Julia, as far as success is concerned wasn't big enough to the extent, that people are as off put of her not working with Mylène as they were when Alizée left. Besides, most Mylène fans want to see M to focus on her own career anyway. She didn't release a new Album for 6 years, while working with Alizée. Regardless, Julia has shown these past few months, that she is willing to take the initiative. She hasn't experienced major success thus far but looks very happy and puts herself out there. It doesn't appear, that she takes failure as badly as Alizée does, but then again only time will truly tell.

As for Alizée, it doesn't matter if publications cover the recent loss of a pet. It's no different than any other news regarding her personal life. It's the sort of thing where, depending on the situation, people say "I'm happy for you." or "I'm sorry for your loss." even if they don't mean it. It's something that only Alizée can truly care about. Which is about as far as anything she does goes. It's only about what she wants to do or wants to share. There is not enough to get anyone invested long term anymore. That make up marketing campaign did a great job for example. Did anyone care about the product? But we got all of these beautiful pictures of her and that's something everyone can appreciate. Her recent performances are a diffent thing all together. Were used to such a high standard from the early days of her career that it makes most everything else she does pale in comparison. "Moi... Lolita" will always be fine but "J'en Ai Marre" has just not been good since. A little more variety would help. Especially, if we get actual TV performances out of it, preferrably without 10 background dancers and a camera production crew, that should clearly be fired ("Jaka to Melodia" last year anyone?). I'm not exactly having high hopes of a Mylène Farmer reunion but as you said, that's about as much as we can hope for and it would be a best case scenario for her future - for us fans more than for her. It's not like she's getting into acting anytime soon. Or anything that doesn't involve yet another golf trip or family vacation. Again, that's for her - not us. What do we get out of it? Nothing. Same for all those dance competitions. And just the thought of her having yet another child, which could set her back for several years again.

But, who knows. There is still time left. Perhaps one day, the wait will have been worth it.

Last edited by BroKenSkullDG; 03-25-2022 at 08:09 AM..
Old 03-25-2022, 01:56 PM

Another thing to consider is if Mylene is calling it quits and I guess that's not a sure thing at this point, does that just mean an end to her own singing, or is she going to get completely away from the industry? If it's just her own singing, that would leaver her a lot more time to write songs for others!