Looking through a glass onion.

Amigo! is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idéaliser View Post
@Amigo!: that poster is so cute
brad made it
Old 09-29-2008, 06:53 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Well, when Amigo and I went to the California Academy of Sciences for opening day on Saturday, I handed out like 12 or 14 sampler CDs. I know I know, that's nothing. One should figure on doing more like 100. But anyway, any big event like that is a good place to walk a line and say something. Only like one out of 10 or 15 people took a disk, but with a huge line in a huge city, that's plenty. San Francisco is a good place.

Merci Fanny
Old 03-22-2010, 04:48 AM
Alizee's Future Lover

Weiss is on a distinguished road

That song really isn't that great, it sounds actually really weird. I think she should have never left Mylene Farmer in the first place. Mylene told her to stick with her Lolita image no matter what, meaning "until the day she dies" and she didn't. Shes 25/26 years old and WAY different! And her songs are dramatically changing every single and album. People change yeah, but when you're famous you just dont go and change everything around like that and expect a good future ahead. Mylene was right in a sense. I think most of why people like her is because of her looks, and not really about her music. People are just obsessed. It has changed; everything about her except the peoples memories and thats what keeps HER going. They can't let the beauty go! Thats about it. For the fans trying to build her fame in the U.S. I really don't think much Americans would find her interesting enough to conquer the U.S. lol, but she would probably do good here. I mean people are so obsessed that they think anything is possible with her. I felt the same way and I'm an American, but most Americans on the other hand dont find french music or probably even other foreign music that great or entertaining only the obsessed people really care. She's not real big in Russia nor even her own country, because of the way things changed. Now only Mexico likes her... ALOT though. She would probably do good in the U.S. like Yelle, but Yelle is not the next Brittany Spears. (My opinion) Alizee is not the next Yelle. Not meaning to break any plans or causing people to give up trying to get Alizee here in the U.S. because not only would that be really challenging unless she tried herself. She not doing that well across the world. I think what is really making her successful is practically Mexico alone. Millions of people buy her album in Mexico I think and all the spamming of votes of the same people from the few people of the U.S, Russia and mostly Mexico. Shes a successful millionaire. She knows coming to the U.S. would probably make her a star around the world if she could make it successful here. But she "probably" finds herself perfectly fine with just Mexico for the time being. and not much with other countries. I'm sure of it, but i could definitely be wrong!! Which i probably am, but I'm just saying what "I" believe to be the truth. That doesn't mean you guys should stop doing what your doing, because she is unstoppable pretty french girly! And I'm smart and stupid all in one and at the same time! And where are the smiley's? I wanted to use that one where it rolls its eyes.
Old 03-22-2010, 09:51 PM

Lerxst is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weiss View Post
Mylene told her to stick with her Lolita image no matter what, meaning "until the day she dies" and she didn't.
There is absolutely no evidence to support this claim. In fact, I'm pretty sure Mylene and Laurent knew the "Lolita" image would not (and could not) last.

There has also been some suggestions that the breakup of Alizee and Mylene was as much due to Mylene as it was Alizee. Mylene was smart enough to know the whole Alizee pop star phenomenon had run its course and it was time to part ways. She's no dummy.