Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 02-18-2014, 10:57 AM

RadioactiveMan is on a distinguished road

You all profess to have enjoyed the last few albums, so why don't you want another in the same vein? I hope that she does release a unique album for her sixth. I ask only that the music is beautiful and it the album is less popular I will enjoy it just the same.

Popularity is not quality.
Old 02-18-2014, 10:11 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Hey RadioactiveMan,
I think one of the biggest things that hurt 5 was when they released in what my opinion were the two best songs. ACDLA was released, then they announced a delay in the album and JVB was released roughly 6 months later. Those were the two songs that could've made this album a success, but by the time the second one came out, everyone probably already had ACDLA in one form or another. So why buy the album for one very good song?

Of course the timing could've made this album sell enough to at least have been considered a financial success if it had come out after DALS.

I think 5's biggest criticism though was she talked her way through the album. She didn't really sing. She didn't belt one out. Now she doesn't have a very strong voice, but she still has a beautiful voice. Now JAM and ML grabbed all the headlines, but one of my favorites as far as her voice is Lou ou Toi. Now she did talk her way through a lot of this, but one of my favorite parts is at the 1:23 - 1:47 mark where her voice sounded so soft, so beautiful.

Here's another video, Amelie, where I lover her voice in the 00:37 - 1:00 mark.

Anohter one L'e-mail a des ailes from the :45 - 1:15 mark

[/url]Then there's Tempete which might have been the best in bringing out that soft and beautiful voice, best exemplified in the opening minute but then there was my favorite part around 2:35 when she sings "Que J'amore!".

Now undoubtedly her voice has changed with age, but I saw no finer example that she still has a soft and very beautiful voice than when she sang a duet with Clare Keim for "Rolling in the Deep" during Les Enfoires. . She could not have belted out the lines that Clare did, but Clare could not have sounded as soft and beautiful as Alizee did during her lines.

So that's what I want to see in a new album; a song that brings out the beauty of her voice. I also would like to see a video that show's her great beauty and her amazing dancing ability, but not a video like ACDLA .................................................. .................................................. ................................................

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 02-19-2014 at 08:04 AM..
Old 02-19-2014, 07:20 AM
Amélie's Fed Up in Autumn

lapinschous is on a distinguished road

Scruffy just made a list of my favorite songs in En Concert

Oh... and if we're talking about how beautiful her live voice sounds , let me just throw this out there :

La Nostalgie des jours gourmands..
Old 02-19-2014, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapinschous View Post
Scruffy just made a list of my favorite songs in En Concert

Oh... and if we're talking about how beautiful her live voice sounds , let me just throw this out there :
That's another great one Lapinschous.
Old 02-19-2014, 10:01 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioactiveMan View Post
You all profess to have enjoyed the last few albums, so why don't you want another in the same vein?
Well the first two albums will always be the most special to me.. I discovered her back then and with the songs aswell as everything else that surrounded her in those days, I don't think it could get any better.

The last two albums have been good in their own way but on the tail end of Psychédélices they were even more melancholic even if some songs didn't sound so, but I guess that was always part of her magic.

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur

Last edited by Un-rêve; 02-19-2014 at 11:33 PM..
Old 02-20-2014, 09:43 PM
Amélie's Fed Up in Autumn

lapinschous is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Un-rêve View Post
Well the first two albums will always be the most special to me..

...without forgetting the Concert DVD of course

...From which , we will always remember this dance...

La Nostalgie des jours gourmands..

Last edited by lapinschous; 02-20-2014 at 09:45 PM..
Old 02-21-2014, 04:58 PM
Alizée dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapinschous View Post
...without forgetting the Concert DVD of course
hmm well maybe I wasn't specific enough in my previous post or maybe you just didn't read it all, so here it is again..

Quote:
I discovered her back then and with the songs aswell as everything else that surrounded her in those days, I don't think it could get any better.
everything else.. meaning Music videos, TV performances, TV interviews, magazine interviews, Concert Tour, DVD etc.

Old 02-22-2014, 02:10 AM

RadioactiveMan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
So that's what I want to see in a new album; a song that brings out the beauty of her voice.
Now that is something to look forward to.
Old 02-22-2014, 03:19 AM

Quote:
Well the first two albums will always be the most special to me.. I discovered her back then and with the songs aswell as everything else that surrounded her in those days, I don't think it could get any better.

I don't think it could ever be as good for a few reasons. The main one being because of the music. I've often sung the praises of Laurant Boutanant and for me, I think it would be almost impossible to find someone else's music that went so well with her voice as his did.

Beauty wise, I thought her post baby figure and the tats might really take away from her appearence, but then I saw in person how great she looked when she was on stage with Olly Murs and she couldn't possibly have loioked any better. She's still incredibly beautiful, but I think she should keep the tats out of view.

Dance wise, year after year, I love the way she dances during Les Enfoires, so there's nothing lacking there, so I think there is a chance to pull it all together, but each facet has to fall perfectly into place and that will be tough. The two toughest obstacles are the music and mostly songs that will show case her voice.
Old 02-22-2014, 08:12 PM
Alizée dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I don't think it could ever be as good for a few reasons. The main one being because of the music. I've often sung the praises of Laurant Boutanant and for me, I think it would be almost impossible to find someone else's music that went so well with her voice as his did.

Beauty wise, I thought her post baby figure and the tats might really take away from her appearence, but then I saw in person how great she looked when she was on stage with Olly Murs and she couldn't possibly have loioked any better. She's still incredibly beautiful, but I think she should keep the tats out of view.

Dance wise, year after year, I love the way she dances during Les Enfoires, so there's nothing lacking there, so I think there is a chance to pull it all together, but each facet has to fall perfectly into place and that will be tough. The two toughest obstacles are the music and mostly songs that will show case her voice.

I agree with this, although her tats didn't seem to have any bearing on her success during DALS.

Anyway she can definitely "boogie - woogie" but yeah she needs a certain song like you say.. maybe another english song kinda like this one wouldn't go a miss..

but then again.

Last edited by Un-rêve; 02-22-2014 at 08:33 PM..