Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Support

Old 02-20-2012, 10:42 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

This thread should probably be un-sticky-ed because while still welcome and appreciated, donations are much less vital these days since switching to the new server. No one should feel pressure or obligation to donate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I know Ben's been extremely busy with his work, so maybe it's a case of 1 of the 3 or 2 of the 3
Well, it's a combination of being busy with work and life, and the lack of activity from Alizée. I've grown kind of tired of the guest appearances. I'll be back when a new album's out.

I'd be happy to hand full control of the site over to MerciAlizée, if that's what he and everyone wants. I honestly don't have time to update it. Though I need to keep the server, so he'd have to set something up himself and then we'd transfer the data.

In any case, a HUGE thanks to him for running the place in my absence.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:59 PM
For me... formidable

SpanishFan is on a distinguished road

I think we all would benefite if someone who can log in the web quite often had "full powers".
Thanks to Ben and to the people who dedicates time and effort to this place.
Old 02-20-2012, 11:09 PM
Take me to Lilly Town

Taxi Driver Aaron is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
This thread should probably be un-sticky-ed because while still welcome and appreciated, donations are much less vital these days since switching to the new server. No one should feel pressure or obligation to donate.

Well, it's a combination of being busy with work and life, and the lack of activity from Alizée. I've grown kind of tired of the guest appearances. I'll be back when a new album's out.

I'd be happy to hand full control of the site over to MerciAlizée, if that's what he and everyone wants. I honestly don't have time to update it. Though I need to keep the server, so he'd have to set something up himself and then we'd transfer the data.

In any case, a HUGE thanks to him for running the place in my absence.
Whoa!.... you do exist! Hi Ben! Welcome to your forum! ha ha!

I know how balancing life and work can be busy. I am doing the same, and balancing school. However, thanks to you enabling the tapatalk app for this forum, I have privileged time to browse and post from my cell phone and tablet devices.

I think MA would be a great candidate for taking control of the forums! He's online a lot.

However, I think running a site and a forum should be more of a team effort and not just a 1 person deal... Now that you are considering recruiting MA, I think you should try to recruit some other people too, like Scruffy to get a team of, at least 3, going.

Otherwise, when MA gets busy we're all just going to be in the same boat again until he is "unbusy" ... but with 3 or more people the problem is less likely to occur.

Old 02-20-2012, 11:19 PM
Century Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxi Driver Aaron View Post
However, I think running a site and a forum should be more of a team effort and not just a 1 person deal... Now that you are considering recruiting MA, I think you should try to recruit some other people too, like Scruffy to get a team of, at least 3, going.
Well, a sever is generally owned by one person who is the administrative contact with the hosting company and pays the bills. Then they can add whoever they want as staff. Merci is already a forum admin with as much power as I can give without full access to the server, which includes more than just Alizée America data on it at the moment.

I'd be happy to move everything over to a server that Merci owns, though, if he wants. Then he'd "own" the site and everything on it, and can add admins, mods, and staff as he sees fit (actually he can already do this. The only thing he can't do is change the non "forum" pages, like the front-page or podcast).
Old 02-20-2012, 11:31 PM
Take me to Lilly Town

Quote:
Well, a sever is generally owned by one person who is the administrative contact with the hosting company and pays the bills. Then they can add whoever they want as staff. Merci is already a forum admin with as much power as I can give without full access to the server, which includes more than just Alizée America data on it at the moment.

I'd be happy to move everything over to a server that Merci owns, though, if he wants. Then he'd "own" the site and everything on it, and can add admins, mods, and staff as he sees fit (actually he can already do this. The only thing he can't do is change the non "forum" pages, like the front-page or podcast).
Well, it sounds like you have some non-alizee stuff on your server that you want to hold on too. Being that you are more interested in transferring the site to another server rather than allowing access to yours... is that right?

If that is the case, then I suppose it's a win-win to just transfer the server data to MA on another server that he owns if he is up to it... And then he can control the site and forum and appoint his own staff, mods, etc. and everything.... Are you really considering giving up your site?

Old 02-20-2012, 11:34 PM
Century Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxi Driver Aaron View Post
Well, it sounds like you have some non-alizee stuff on your server that you want to hold on too. Being that you are more interested in transferring the site to another server rather than allowing access to yours... is that right?

If that is the case, then I suppose it's a win-win to just transfer the server data to MA on another server that he owns if he is up to it... And then he can control the site and forum and appoint his own staff, mods, etc. and everything.... Are you really considering giving up your site?
Correct. And yeah, I'll have run this site for three years come May, one year longer than Brad did before me, so I think it's time to pass things off.
Old 02-20-2012, 11:43 PM

BrianO1 is on a distinguished road

Hey Ben! Long time no see!
Old 02-20-2012, 11:43 PM
Take me to Lilly Town

Quote:
Correct. And yeah, I'll have run this site for three years come May, one year longer than Brad did before me, so I think it's time to pass things off.
I hear ya... wow, I didn't know that the site used to belong to Brad. Is he still around? And are you going to stick around?

I have only been here for about 6 months (3 months before that as a guest)... so the lili bug has not worn off me yet... lol

Old 02-21-2012, 12:09 AM
Century Child

I haven't heard from Brad is almost a year. Know he's busy raising a family.

I'll still be around when Alizée releases new material, and helping with the site when I can.

Edit: Hi, Brian!

Last edited by Ben; 02-21-2012 at 12:13 AM..
Old 02-21-2012, 12:30 AM
Take me to Lilly Town

Okay cool!... just don't go away! it's hard enough to get more people in here to start losing site owners and such! ha!..

hey... while I have your attention... what's up with the Shop? ... it looks like it hasn't been update for a long time... who is behind it and is there any chance of designing new materials and redoing the shop?