Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 04-14-2013, 11:24 AM

Lili4ever is on a distinguished road

i was thinking. Was MF really a blessing for Alizee or fool's gold ? Yes, MF brought her to the top of the world, but at what price ? Alizee is practically a hostage of image created by MF. Let's say she didn't meet MF. She would not have been Lolita, but Alizée Jacotey and her debut album would have been Psychédélices followed by UEDS ? Or maybe other style albums. I am sure there are plenty of competent managers and producers in France, not just MF. MF set her a very high goals. Anything less than 1 million sold albums was doomed to be a flop. And Lolita image was really great. It was so good, people could not forgive Alizee for dumping it. People say she has no talent and with out MF she would be nothing. But didn't she get some tv time and won some talent show ? There are plenty of females who really have no more talent than Alizee, but with the right producers and management they are at the top of charts. What do, you, think ?
Old 04-14-2013, 11:42 AM
Amélie's Fed Up in Autumn

lapinschous is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lili4ever View Post
Let's say she didn't meet MF. She would not have been Lolita, but Alizée Jacotey
Yeah she would have been a nobody, she would have stopped dancing to become a computer engineer with glasses and gained a lot of bodyfat .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lili4ever View Post
and her debut album would have been Psychédélices followed by UEDS ? Or maybe other style albums.
No mylène , no singing career, it wouldn't even have crossed her mind to become a singer if her friend didn't accidentally enrolled her in the singing category of graines de star. But okay, let's suppose she released Psych as her first album... it would have been a disaster, no one would have been willing to give the money necessary for the promotion . And since her voice is not that good while singing rock songs , the sales would have been ridiculously low.

La Nostalgie des jours gourmands..
Old 04-14-2013, 12:12 PM
Ethical

DrSmith is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapinschous View Post
Yeah she would have been a nobody, she would have stopped dancing to become a computer engineer with glasses and gained a lot of bodyfat .

No mylène , no singing career, it wouldn't even have crossed her mind to become a singer if her friend didn't accidentally enrolled her in the singing category of graines de star.
I agree. It's quite likely that Alizée would have never began a singing career if Mylène hadn't found her. And if she did, we probably wouldn't know about her outside of France because she wouldn't have been so famous, and she wouldn't have done the JEAM dance that made her known throughout the Internet.

Last edited by DrSmith; 04-14-2013 at 12:20 PM..
Old 04-14-2013, 12:35 PM
#Lilibugged #Alizéen #Hashtag

melovelily is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapinschous View Post
No mylène , no singing career, it wouldn't even have crossed her mind to become a singer if her friend didn't accidentally enrolled her in the singing category of graines de star.
I don't understand this, i'm sure the show zée was on didn't have a " win and mylene will manage you " price, why wouldn't lili go with another succusesful producer ( if another one found her ) ? Beside i never heard alizée saying that she specifically wanted MF or she wouldn't sing ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSmith View Post
we probably wouldn't know about her outside of France because she wouldn't have been so famous, and she wouldn't have done the JEAM dance that made her known throughout the Internet.
There's always an alternative you know depends on whoever she ends up with
Old 04-14-2013, 01:06 PM
Ethical

DrSmith is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by melovelily View Post
I don't understand this, i'm sure the show zée was on didn't have a " win and mylene will manage you " price, why wouldn't lili go with another succusesful producer ( if another one found her ) ? Beside i never heard alizée saying that she specifically wanted MF or she wouldn't sing ...
Alizée wanted to perform as a dancer, not a singer. She only sang on Graines de Star because she found out that they only took dancing groups and not solo acts. She probably didn't have big aspirations to be a singer at that time, and if she was approached by some random producer she may well have declined. Mylène is the most famous female singer in France and working with her was an opportunity that would be harder to refuse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by melovelily View Post
There's always an alternative you know depends on whoever she ends up with
There is that possibility that she would have made it big without Mylène's help, I just think it's unlikely. It would've required a lot of luck.
Old 04-14-2013, 08:09 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
I hate the term slut. It means something different to everyone. I thought a slut was someone who slept with everyone. Like the whole school, town, their workplace, etc. Posing nude doesn't make you a slut. It's art, it's been done for thousands of years. Models that pose nude for artists are sluts? Some of you guys are stuck in the Dark Ages.
Yeah "slut" is a horrible word for a women who sleeps with everyone. Well prostitutes have been satisfying men since the dark ages too and if it wasn't for those wonderful women many guys would never have got laid!

Anyway I think regarding those kind of women as "trash" or "sluts" is a great injustice to them.. I mean if anything they deserve praise for what they do.. it can't be easy for them.

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur
Old 04-15-2013, 02:19 AM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSmith View Post
My conclusions were based on posts from other threads, not just this one. And like I said, they don't apply 100% to everyone. If what I said doesn't describe you at all, then you have no reason to be defensive. I didn't point my finger at anyone.

I'd just like to point out that calling someone a hypocrite is cheap way to try to undermine their stance when you don't want to admit that they're right. You've not said word one about whether you think I'm right or I'm wrong, you've just nit-picked at my words hoping you could catch me in some technicality. It's pointless. I'm like Corsaire and you're like a rat-eater : you're boring me !
My points were directed to you specifically. I have no interest in arguing points of view and I refused to take the bait. I do acknowledge that I agree on one thing and that this conversation has become boring and I will not bore you any further.