Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 04-14-2013, 04:36 PM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsaire View Post
Alizée looks amazing here.
And again, her performance seems much better when she sings other people’s songs.
I agree, its so strange to me. Singing her own songs live, she just doesn't sound very good.
Old 04-14-2013, 04:58 PM

Aldighieri is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
I agree, its so strange to me. Singing her own songs live, she just doesn't sound very good.
The recorded (studio songs, I mean) versions are quite perfect.We are so close to ear thath kind of pure sound that "live" obviously sounds more "dirty" or the vocal performance not so good as we are waiting for. It happends also to audience of classic music who grew up on some " reference" historic performance on discs like Karajan, Bernstein, etc.
Anyway, she has got a quite warm voice on this tv performance. I appreciate very much.
Old 04-14-2013, 05:01 PM

Merci Alizée is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldighieri View Post
The recorded (studio songs, I mean) versions are quite perfect.We are so close to ear thath kind of pure sound that "live" obviously sounds more "dirty" or the vocal performance not so good as we are waiting for. It happends also to audience of classic music who grew up on some " reference" historic performance on discs like Karajan, Bernstein, etc.
Anyway, she has got a quite warm voice on this tv performance. I appreciate very much.
She is better even when she sings songs of other artists live and not the studio version.
Old 04-14-2013, 06:30 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
And again, her performance seems much better when she sings other people’s songs.

This is Jean-Marie Bigard, a very well known French humorist who is also a close friend of Sarkozy and notorious for claiming the September 11 attacks were an inside job.
Thanks for the info. I knew it wasn't De Niro, but when I first watched the video, it did remind me of him. I had just watched a show the other night (Counting cars) where they rebuild old cars, and they had just restored one for a Rober Di Nero impersonator and I think that's what made me think of him in this video. I'm sure he's probably half a world away.
Old 04-14-2013, 06:43 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Yeah she always puts her heart and soul into other people's songs that she sings. Well I don't know how she does it but who cares.. this is another gem.

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur
Old 04-14-2013, 07:19 PM
... qui vous veut du bien

Corsaire is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Un-rêve View Post
Yeah she always puts her heart and soul into other people's songs that she sings. Well I don't know how she does it but who cares.. this is another gem.
Oui, mon ami!
And thanks to lapinschous for all the goodies he provides.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merci Alizée View Post
She is better even when she sings songs of other artists live and not the studio version.
Well, I don't know about that, but she can at least carry a tune when she sings other people's song, so, I really don't understand why she so often fails when singing hers?!?
Stress? Insecurity? The fact that she was so closely supervised at the beginning of her career and didn't have to defend her own songs live too often?

Last edited by Corsaire; 04-14-2013 at 09:27 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 04-15-2013, 02:41 AM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road

Thanks Lap for the upload. I think this is her best duet to date. She was on pitch and harmonized perfectly. She had a richness to her voice that rivals any other song she has ever sang. This was totally in her wheelhouse. I am also mystified why she seems to do better with other peoples songs live. Although she has had a few questionable performances with others material. It very well could be a confidence issue.

I was starting to lean towards the belief that Alizee only has the talent to be a studio musician. That never putting together a band and doing shows of any size available,was for this reason. Just based on this live performance I may be wrong. She lacks power, but what a sweet delicate angelic tone. That's what I fell in love with.

Last edited by pepelepew; 04-15-2013 at 02:51 AM..
Old 04-15-2013, 01:51 PM
Amélie's Fed Up in Autumn

lapinschous is on a distinguished road

I hate youtube ...

Well , I submitted a counter notification to the strike, let's hope that they'll be comprehensive..

At least this video gave me 80 more subscribers within a day.

Edit:

New backup channel

La Nostalgie des jours gourmands..

Last edited by lapinschous; 04-15-2013 at 01:51 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts