Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 10-22-2010, 12:04 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

And Rictor...if you have an iPod touch, then you can very easily show him some of her music videos...
Old 10-22-2010, 12:06 AM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
Like Aayush said...you need to throw in some "throwaway pop" and some slow and meaningful songs into it...that is the best combination.
Just because a song is upbeat and more like "throwaway pop" doesn't mean it's meaningless, just like how not all slow songs are automatically more meaningful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImRawdg View Post
Don't get me wrong, I don't *think* they are throwaway pop, but the instrumentation alone is what turns *me* off to most pop music. Getting into Alizee changed my opinion on pop in general, but all the charms will not transfer to these people just by some audio samples, so make them count
I don't have you indepth view of music, so I'm not sure by the instrumentation, but it seems to me we're both in some sort of agreement.
All that I was trying to say was that some people just enjoy that type of stuff, so those "audio samples" might be all that's required to turn them.

Old 10-22-2010, 12:09 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
Just because a song is upbeat and more like "throwaway pop" doesn't mean it's meaningless...
Woh...I guess you are right...Cause as good as the JEAM and JPVA performances are and their upbeat tone...the lyrics of each do mean a lot....so yes i guess they are meaningful. But its hard to see a song as meaningful when you are watching her dance and sing....
Old 10-22-2010, 12:18 AM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

I almost typed in the songs that I would introduce a newbie to.... if I were a newbie.

To a true non-believer, I would slap them with, in order

Fifty Sixty

J'en Ai Marre

Moi Lolita (the "dix ans déjà" remix)
Old 10-22-2010, 12:27 AM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

I have to go with:

JEAM
Moi..Lolita
JPVA

All because she sounds simply unbelievable in these songs.....especially the live performances from En Concert. The Moi Lolita encore is one of the voices I would like to hear in my death bed.

Last edited by Jake04; 10-26-2010 at 07:57 PM.. Reason: Forgot to write the reasons.
Old 10-22-2010, 03:51 AM
Cheesy

Naft is on a distinguished road

It was 6 hours since this thread was posted but I'll still give my opinion:

First start off with something that tells him about her as a popstar, Moi...Lolita or any of the Gourmandises songs would be perfect.

For the variety I'd follow it up with Toc De Mac and C'est Trop Tard simply because it shows that her voice is capable of performing any genre of music and performing it good as well.. Also because they're my favorite songs but that's probably what I'd do.
Old 10-22-2010, 05:25 AM
Euphoria

Tom is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake04 View Post
I have to go with:

JEAM
Moi..Lolita
JPVA
I think those would be best or switch JEAM with 50/60 maybe.

<hr>
What's wrong with JEAM without "visuals"? It's my favorite and I haven't seen the video of her performing it in months!
Old 10-22-2010, 08:58 AM

SaintÀlizee is on a distinguished road

L'Alizé is my favorite, but it wasn't at first. It had to grow on me for some reason, and then I fell in love with it. So maybe that's not the best one to first listen to, from my experience anyways, but definitely should be the top 3. I'd say Moi Lolita or something more modern, I suppose? Like fifty-sixty for the reason Wasabi mentioned. Sorry if I seem arrogant or cocky to you veteran Alizee fans. Honestly, I've only been hardcore Alizee in recent months, but have known of her since late 2006 (as mentioned in the "new members" thread. No one close to me knows I have an obsession with her, but most, if not all, don't know who she is.
Old 10-22-2010, 10:53 AM
On a hiatus break

Aayush is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintÀlizee View Post
L'Alizé is my favorite, but it wasn't at first. It had to grow on me for some reason, and then I fell in love with it. So maybe that's not the best one to first listen to, from my experience anyways, but definitely should be the top 3. I'd say Moi Lolita or something more modern, I suppose? Like fifty-sixty for the reason Wasabi mentioned. Sorry if I seem arrogant or cocky to you veteran Alizee fans. Honestly, I've only been hardcore Alizee in recent months, but have known of her since late 2006 (as mentioned in the "new members" thread. No one close to me knows I have an obsession with her, but most, if not all, don't know who she is.
Yups, same here. For me also L'Alize was not so catchy in the first, may be i didnt listened that with full interest or something else. But gradually when i saw many vids of her live performance, i started liking the music a lot and now its one of my top fav.
Old 10-22-2010, 02:54 PM
>9K

AlizéeInspired is on a distinguished road

Dang... not really sure. I guess it would kinda depend on who I'm introducing her music to.

I guess I'd have to go with some of my favorites . So these two (the two I most often "show" people) are definites:
Par Les Paupières
À Contre-Courant (surprised to not see this one on here already...)

As for the third... like I said, it would probably depend on who I'm introducing her music to.

Tags
alizee, introduction, music, newbie