Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 04-15-2013, 05:10 AM
Amélie's Fed Up in Autumn

lapinschous is on a distinguished road
Default Alizée and lip syncing, thoughts?

I almost feel bad telling you guys the truth, and I know it's gonna disappoint lots of people , but... apparently she wasn't actually singing live .. According to the majority on Alizée-France, at least Roch Voisine's part was recorded since it's the exact same one there is on his single. It's up to you guys to believe it or not .

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepelepew View Post
Thanks Lap for the upload.I am also mystified why she seems to do better with other peoples songs live. Although she has had a few questionable performances with others material.

I was starting to lean towards the belief that Alizee only has the talent to be a studio musician. That never putting together a band and doing shows of any size available,was for this reason. Just based on this live performance I may be wrong. She lacks power, but what a sweet delicate angelic tone. That's what I fell in love with.

Oh God , it wrenches my hurt to read your poost pepe. I don't know what to think . I really hope she was singing live.

People are even starting to wonder whether "La Javanaise" was live or another recorded performance...

La Nostalgie des jours gourmands..

Last edited by lapinschous; 04-15-2013 at 05:10 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 04-15-2013, 05:18 AM

foxy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapinschous View Post
I almost feel bad telling you guys the truth, and I know it's gonna disappoint lots of people , but... apparently she wasn't actually singing live .. According to the majority on Alizée-France, at least Roch Voisine's part was recorded since it's the exact same one there is on his single. It's up to you guys to believe it or not .

I thought it's usual in french TV shows, that you don't sing live
Old 04-15-2013, 05:52 AM
Amélie's Fed Up in Autumn

lapinschous is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxy View Post
I thought it's usual in french TV shows, that you don't sing live

Yes it happens sometimes but it's supposed to be the exception, most of them sing for real.
The problem with Lili is that it's the exception 90% of the time. :/

La Nostalgie des jours gourmands..
Old 04-15-2013, 09:05 AM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

Was probably one of those "live recorded" versions, where they don't edit or alter the artist's voice.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:18 AM

Merci Alizée is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapinschous View Post

Oh God , it wrenches my hurt to read your poost pepe. I don't know what to think . I really hope she was singing live.

People are even starting to wonder whether "La Javanaise" was live or another recorded performance...
Will it be too much if I say that even the recorded versions of songs of artists sung by her sound much better than recorded versions of her own old songs?
Old 04-15-2013, 11:03 AM
... qui vous veut du bien

Corsaire is on a distinguished road

Well, I don’t really follow Roch Voisine’s career but Hélène was a huge hit in French-Canada and in France 25 years ago. A newer orchestrated version was made in 2013 for his album Duophonique. Funny enough, on that album, RV sings Hélène in a duo with Coeur de pirate, a singer with a style I have often said Alizée should try to emulate (even if Alizée does not compose songs nor play piano).

So, here is RV and CDP's studio version:

http://www.wat.tv/video/roch-voisine...7d_2fgqp_.html

Here is RV and CDP live:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xyk...udio-rtl_music

I don’t have access to a very good sound right now, but it is obviously different.

Here is RV with Alizée (other videos of this performance posted here have now been removed from YouTube):

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xyz...ne-1080p_music

People can draw their own conclusion, but in this last one, the RV part does sound exactly like the studio version, including a very slight hissing imperfection in his voice near the end. Does it prove that Alizée was lip synching here? Maybe not, but considering her usual poor live performances this one would have been quite a feat for her. Well, I wanted to believe, but again, I am unconvinced and I still wait for an unquestionable solid all around live performance from her.

Last edited by Corsaire; 04-15-2013 at 01:51 PM..
Old 04-15-2013, 01:58 PM

Merci Alizée is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsaire View Post
People can draw their own conclusion, but in this last one, the RV part does sound exactly like the studio version, including a very slight hissing imperfection in his voice near the end. Does it prove that Alizée was lip synching here? Maybe not, but considering her usual poor live performances this one would have been quite a feat for her. Well, I wanted to believe, but again, I am unconvinced and I still wait for an unquestionable solid all around live performance from her.
Just wondering if you have listened to live recordings of 2003-04 concerts.
Old 04-15-2013, 02:11 PM

Karin is on a distinguished road

Dont understand why this still confuse you all... if she sing live or not, that's not our thing... if it was her decision or someone else, I think it didn't hurt her carrier and too it give nothing extra... so its 50:50... that she has problems with singing her own songs, and what? she is not first and not last... Example the last ACDLA performance was great, when I compare it with live singing in RFM radio in december. And really dont think, her live singing is "poor"... look on ML in Italy, it wasnt the best but people liked it. So wheres the problem? If the problem is, you compare the live with the CD, the problem is her voice was edited by all her MF albums, thats known long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merci Alizée View Post
and to this, I heard everything possible what was recorded during concerts... yea, it wasnt great everytime, but sometimes it was really the same like from CD

Last edited by Karin; 04-15-2013 at 02:17 PM..
Old 04-15-2013, 02:17 PM
#Lilibugged #Alizéen #Hashtag

melovelily is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merci Alizée View Post
^ Or anything from mid 2011 till early 2013 or any of the les enfoireses from any year ( 2001-02-....12-13)

Or simply this...................... \/

Old 04-15-2013, 11:58 PM
... qui vous veut du bien

Corsaire is on a distinguished road

@MA, if you are referring to En concert, well, I think that what you can hear on the DVD is a decent job (nothing more), but the problem I have with the En concert tour is that I heard bootlegs where Alizée sounds so bad, it is embarrassing. So, I question the fact that Alizée has the ability to sing live adequately, on a regular basis.

@Karin, when I say that Alizée’s live singing is often poor, it is not that she doesn’t perform like the recording, it is simply that she often cannot carry a tune in a sustained way, and to me, this is unacceptable. I cannot believe that after more than 10 years of professional singing, she cannot sing a live version of songs she should have no trouble mastering. I don’t think she has to break windows with her voice, and frankly, she is not that gifted in the way of voice strength, but let’s be serious here, she should be able to carry a simple tune, with poise and confidence, any day, anywhere.

@melove, the video you posted doesn’t work for me (there si no sound). Also, there are no Les Enfoirés Alizée rendition that strike me as being exceptionally good (maybe one or two from the early years seem quite good), but I haven’t seen all of them. The ones I have seen range from mediocre to average. Myself, I would like see Alizée perform well live on stage on her own, or maybe in a duet. I don’t think that singing a few lines here and there with 20 people on stage is a good measure of what a singer can do.

Last edited by Corsaire; 04-16-2013 at 07:18 AM..