Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 01-04-2011, 10:14 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsaire View Post
The first thing that struck me about Alizée when I first discovered her was the content of the comments in her YouTube videos. Going through them, I was really impressed by the genuine respect most people have for her.
BAHAHAHAHA You must have been looking at the wrong videos then hahahaha.

Surf the comments (look at the first one):

After reading this whole thread, I know exactly what you older chaps mean. Civilized people tend to understand this more than those sexualized regular 'ole Americans...
Old 01-04-2011, 10:20 PM
Cheesy

Naft is on a distinguished road

I can say I feel no sexual attraction to Alizée at the age of 17, despite people thinking otherwise. When I'm in school and we're on a free-session where I'm bored I'll watch this forum or some of her videos (I have my folder synced to my computer and laptop), the reactions I got are the same as Scruffy "You don't even get what she's singing, you're just horny.". Whereas the former is only partially true. Call me cheesy but I feel that songs don't need to be in your language to understand their meaning, the language of music is universal. Some people have even been rude enough to ask me "Why do you listen to her music and not watch the videos, that's most of the joy taken away right there"..

I could keep on that point for hours to end, but back on track.

I don't feel a sexual attraction to Alizée, just as you said a physical one. I've never thought of Alizée in a dirty way because I respect her too much, and feel that it would defile my image of her as the cute girl-next door. I do have one dream continuously on end though, and that is me meeting her and speaking in "pretendish" French (like "Uhm, Madame Alizée, tu es une belle et je amour tu musique, et je photographe avec tu es moi. (Of course it makes no sense to anyone that speaks French, but that's what I would say if I was going to ask for a picture taken with her until I develop further language skills) and her accepting it, usually I wake up after that.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:25 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdan View Post
I don't know how to put it but... I 'm a little bit skeptical about what I read here. Maybe i'm a little too "french" but i'm not comfotable with the way you use the word " sexual", as if it is something bad . Sexual impulses are just natural.
MERCI Dan! I was thinking the same thing.

First of all, "sexual" and "disrespectful" are not synonyms. It's certainly possible to be sexual (or anything else) in a disrespectful way, but it's perfectly possible to express appreciation for someone you find attractive without it being disrespectful in the least -- it's a compliment, after all. The dividing line is respect for the other person's will and free choice.

As for the age difference thing, that reminds me of a conversation I had not too long ago with a friend of mine who lives, coincidentally, in Paris. (But he grew up in Corsica, so he's not quite as cosmopolitan as a native Parisian like you.) We were in chat, and he showed me a photo of his sister. I told him she was very pretty. (Which is true.) I told him to tell her I said so, and he said then he'd have to explain who I am and so on. I said no, just tell her an American of your acquaintance saw her picture and said she was very pretty. I'm not hitting on her, it's just a compliment and will make her feel good -- she's too far away for me to hit on. He said, "You're too old for her, too," and I said, "That's her decision, not yours."

And it is, or would be if I knew the lady and it was geographically possible. (Even though my friend became Corsican-brother-potentially-armed-and-dangerous at the suggestion. ) As long as the younger person is an adult, there is nothing wrong with an attraction between people with an age gap between them. Between me and a younger woman, it's always HER decision whether I'm too old for her. I get to decide if she's too YOUNG for me -- meaning too immature. I don't get to decide the other question. That's up to her.

So returning to Her Grace: merely because one is an older man, there is absolutely nothing wrong with finding her physically attractive. Whether there would be something wrong with doing anything about it I suppose depends, or should, on whether you think it's wrong to hit on a married woman. It really shouldn't matter that she's younger; 26 is quite fully adult. I can see that it would have been pretty sleazy back when she was a teenager, but that's not the case today.

Of course, it's also kind of ridiculous to have sexual feelings, beyond simple visual attraction, for someone you've never met, but that's another subject.

EDIT: Oh, if you do ever hit on her, make sure Johann isn't around. Obviously Corsican brothers are a menace.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716

Last edited by Deepwaters; 01-04-2011 at 10:27 PM..
Old 01-04-2011, 10:31 PM

I hope that when Alizee sees this thread that she doesn't have the same problem of understanding what we said as BigDan....cause it could ruin this forums rep haha.

Oh well, Alizee's seen worse...
Old 01-04-2011, 10:34 PM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
As for the age difference thing, that reminds me of a conversation I had not too long ago with a friend of mine who lives, coincidentally, in Paris. (But he grew up in Corsica, so he's not quite as cosmopolitan as a native Parisian like you.) We were in chat, and he showed me a photo of his sister. I told him she was very pretty. (Which is true.) I told him to tell her I said so, and he said then he'd have to explain who I am and so on. I said no, just tell her an American of your acquaintance saw her picture and said she was very pretty. I'm not hitting on her, it's just a compliment and will make her feel good -- she's too far away for me to hit on. He said, "You're too old for her, too," and I said, "That's her decision, not yours."

And it is, or would be if I knew the lady and it was geographically possible. (Even though my friend became Corsican-brother-potentially-armed-and-dangerous at the suggestion. ) As long as the younger person is an adult, there is nothing wrong with an attraction between people with an age gap between them. Between me and a younger woman, it's always HER decision whether I'm too old for her. I get to decide if she's too YOUNG for me -- meaning too immature. I don't get to decide the other question. That's up to her.
What were you thinking, telling a guy his sister was pretty?

I believe age and attraction have nothing to do with each other (my own parents have a 20 year age gap between them)... except when one of the people involved is just ridiculously young. As you pointed out, yes, it IS sleazy for a much older man (or even a young adult) to be sexually attracted to a 16-year-old (actually, scratch that - sometimes it can't be helped. We'll say it's sleazy for someone to nurture or act on that attraction). That was exactly what I was trying to convey.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 01-04-2011, 10:36 PM

Everyone can just read Azhiri's sig and be done with this thread haha
Old 01-04-2011, 10:39 PM
Cheesy

Naft is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
Everyone can just read Azhiri's sig and be done with this thread haha
Sexy and sexual attraction aren't the same thing for me, hence my reply. Sure she's a very sexy woman and I can say that, but "sexual attraction" implies a sex appeal, wanting to take it further to an erotic extent. At least that's how I see the words, I might be wrong though as English isn't my first language..
Old 01-04-2011, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naft View Post
Sexy and sexual attraction aren't the same thing for me, hence my reply. Sure she's a very sexy woman and I can say that, but "sexual attraction" implies a sex appeal, wanting to take it further to an erotic extent. At least that's how I see the words, I might be wrong though as English isn't my first language..
Yeah you are correct don't worry.

And yeah I guess sexy and sexual attraction are totally different
Old 01-04-2011, 10:56 PM
Mňau ^_^

Fèvier is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
Yeah you are correct don't worry.

And yeah I guess sexy and sexual attraction are totally different
Damn you Aaron! You fail again! Jajaja. Just kidding dude

But I will admit that there was a good amount of sexual atraction that really boosted my fandom for Alizée and as time passed, that faded away and I realized just how classy she can be! Now there is no sexual attraction for me but like said before she has a sexy and yet classy style to her that just really makes her stand out from many other artists. That what I love about her and I really don't care for any of the little comments I get from my fellow peers about her. (they just don't know any better )

Old 01-04-2011, 11:57 PM
i'm...PSYCHODELICIOUS.

Människöpesten is on a distinguished road

i don't see her in like....a sexual light at all, save for her song lyrics in MCE era, it's kind of strange really, she's very attractive. it just isn't there.