Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 12-05-2018, 02:12 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road
Default Alizée and Influencer engagement

Quote:
Open Instagram and scroll, and you likely can’t go more than a few seconds without seeing someone you follow promoting a brand, whether it’s a celebrity, a wannabe celebrity, or that random girl you went to college with who’s somehow managed to become a famous fashion blogger.

According to the influencer management platform Traackr, 72 percent of major brands say they are dedicating a sizable portion of their marketing budgets to influencers — people with a strong relationship to an audience who can heavily sway decisions like purchasing habits. Fashion bloggers and gym instructors, they believe, are the next step in advertising. They connect with people more deeply than a page in a magazine and can therefore sway potential customers.
Influencer-marketing-social-media-engagement-instagram-youtube
Old 12-05-2018, 03:48 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Hmmm Super interesting article.

I guess if Alizee can make money wearing clothes that she would normally like to wear anyway, than why not? And let us not forget purses.

My concern is that people eventually get tired of being targeted to buy stuff. I would hate to see IG go the way of FB, which is full of targeted ads.
Old 12-05-2018, 05:36 PM

autumn.leaves is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
Hmmm Super interesting article
In fact, quite ordinary thing. But the desire to buy things is already a serious problem - but is also mundane, which with each new social network only increases own scale. All this is done solely for the sale - the creative and educational aspect falling down. Popular people always have had an influence, and it's worth imagining how they can change their audience (followers and watchers).
Old 12-06-2018, 09:16 AM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
Hmmm Super interesting article.

I guess if Alizee can make money wearing clothes that she would normally like to wear anyway, than why not? And let us not forget purses.

My concern is that people eventually get tired of being targeted to buy stuff. I would hate to see IG go the way of FB, which is full of targeted ads.
I completely agree, Cowboy, that people get sick and tired of ads always in their faces. Unfortunately, I don't think we'll ever get completely away from it. What I'd like to see is a more subtle form of advertising which I believe could be just as effective--if not more so--than the blatant hawking of a product by "influencers" who, you strongly suspect, couldn't care less about the product, in reality. Over time, I think this will just cause the public to become jaded and to ignore them, and thus their "influence" will become much less. I think "product placement" or light and sincere endorsement is a good way to go, and much less annoying to the consumer. For example, if we watch Alizée perform or speak or take part in some kind of public event while wearing an outfit from a designer (or carrying a purse!) that she actually likes, I think that is a terrific form of advertising. Think about how quickly anything sells out that is worn by certain members of the British royal family, for example. It proves that people want to buy things that are chosen by people they admire--no-one has to to try to convince them to buy it. "Influencers," rather than obviously being paid by whomever to pitch whatever, could be selected by companies based on their level of influence to a particular demographic, and matched to the appropriate products. Celebrities like Alizée would not be asked to try too convince their fans to buy something they, themselves, don't truly endorse. Alizée could wear or use things she likes and even record short commercials touting them because she does believe in them. I just think this is overall more honest, less irritating, and would be every bit as effective as the kind of advertising we are inundated with now.
Old 12-06-2018, 09:38 AM

autumn.leaves is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't forget about that companies introduce aggressive advertising only because without it no one will know about their product. You can offer your methods as much as you like, but the real market situation is such that companies have a lot of debt and a lot of competition.
Old 12-06-2018, 02:01 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamagirl View Post
I completely agree, Cowboy, that people get sick and tired of ads always in their faces. Unfortunately, I don't think we'll ever get completely away from it. What I'd like to see is a more subtle form of advertising which I believe could be just as effective--if not more so--than the blatant hawking of a product by "influencers" who, you strongly suspect, couldn't care less about the product, in reality. Over time, I think this will just cause the public to become jaded and to ignore them, and thus their "influence" will become much less. I think "product placement" or light and sincere endorsement is a good way to go, and much less annoying to the consumer. For example, if we watch Alizée perform or speak or take part in some kind of public event while wearing an outfit from a designer (or carrying a purse!) that she actually likes, I think that is a terrific form of advertising. Think about how quickly anything sells out that is worn by certain members of the British royal family, for example. It proves that people want to buy things that are chosen by people they admire--no-one has to to try to convince them to buy it. "Influencers," rather than obviously being paid by whomever to pitch whatever, could be selected by companies based on their level of influence to a particular demographic, and matched to the appropriate products. Celebrities like Alizée would not be asked to try too convince their fans to buy something they, themselves, don't truly endorse. Alizée could wear or use things she likes and even record short commercials touting them because she does believe in them. I just think this is overall more honest, less irritating, and would be every bit as effective as the kind of advertising we are inundated with now.
Many times the targeted ads start for products that I just bought and quit shopping for. Brilliant!

Then I have to scroll through political ads and rants (ugh), pictures of what somebody ate for dinner last night (WHY? Are they proving that they can afford food? ), baby pictures of a friend of a friend of a friend, then finally what I am looking for - funny videos of animal bloopers!

But anyway, you right about the public becoming eventually jaded. Especially if they cannot afford it anymore. With personal debt in the US reaching 13.5 trillion, an all time high, what happens next recession? Did we not learn anything as consumers from 2008-2009? I know the banks didn't. They got bailed out and offered 0% loans for years. But I am digressing again...

It is hard enough battling the pop-up ads on the news and other information sites that I frequent. If you have an ad blocker on your browser, now many won't let you see the content until you disable it. When I get that, I just skip the article.

How often does this "Influencer effect" work, I wonder? I don't think I have ever seen a public figure wear or have something that made me think I had to get me one of those. I have seen a stranger at the gym have a pair of Nike's that I thought were great and I had to look them up though. I think I have been influenced more by people I don't know than people i do.