Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 01:45 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Unhappy Alizee will never tour in the usa

I've dreamed for so long that Alizee would come to this country. But now I'm so sure she will never come here. I thought for so long there was a certain closeness to our two countres after world war 2, especially watching our boys getting chopped down on omaha beach but it's obvious that meant nothing to her. So many of our young guys lost their lives trying to help them regain their independence and so many of their young men lost their lives during our war of independence
It was to early for her time. That means nothing to her. The only thing that means anything to any singer now is how many records can they sell in a certain location, and because they never marketed here, their sales numbers wouldn't do well here. She and her marketing team could'nt give a rats ass about how well her sales do here. Anyone who thinks otherwise is wasting their time. In respect for all our young guys who lost their lives on D day, I hope whe show her the respect that we show them. Let her show the same sorry ass sales numbers that she has been showing since the release of her new cd.
Old 01-15-2008, 01:56 AM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Scruffy, do bear in mind that Alizée's father is younger than you are. That means that while his father might conceivably have been in the French resistance, and certainly would have endured Vichy rule (Corsica was not under German occupation), he himself wasn't born yet, any more than you were. For her, and her generation, it's ancient history, rather like the Civil War is for you. It's just not a living memory.

And never say never. The first step is to get people acquainted with her in this country, through perhaps doing a musical guest appearance on a talk show or two. The second is to market albums. A tour is the third step. It won't happen this year (and shouldn't). But don't say never. That's not called for as long as she's still alive and still performing.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 01-15-2008, 01:58 AM

fsquared is on a distinguished road

With all due respect to the soldiers who gave their lives on D-Day, I don't think it makes a whole lot of sense for individual French people today to base decisions about their professional and personal lives primarily on what happened then, any more than it makes sense for individual people to base decisions on grudges about wars from hundreds of years ago (which has led to an astounding amount of horror and bloodshed over the years; just look at the Balkans, for example).
Old 01-15-2008, 02:11 AM
Banned

INDUSTRIAL is on a distinguished road

What a dumb comment. Still captured with past and propaganda.
What does Normandy and D-day have to do with nowadays. Not a lot of soldiers died and other countries such as Canada and Britain was involved and suffered great loss as well.

First look at why France was taken over by Germany. Wasn't it because U.S. let Germany? The U.S. had a great power (still does), but left the League of Nations and took the policy of isolationalism.

And do you realize that diplomatic relationship between France and the U.S. is pretty bad now?
And do the U.S. pay respect to young foreign guys who died for the U.S.??
Nope.

I have nothing against U.S. but you are not aware of the military history. And what is the U.S. doing now? They prevent French weapons and other products from exports.

Indeed French should be thankful, but look at what the U.S. is doing! How can French be thankful? No wonder the relationship between the U.S. and France is bad.
Old 01-15-2008, 02:11 AM
Faithful Fan

bt_bird_90 is on a distinguished road

Hey Scruffles, don't be such an ignorant tool please. kthxbye
Old 01-15-2008, 02:21 AM
euuuhhhhh

Fish is on a distinguished road

None of my grandparents are/were old enough to even remember the 2nd World War. Never in my life have I heard of good relations with France. I've heard that nation be the butt of a joke far more times than I care to remember.

The French saved our asses in our revolution, but that didn't exactly make us lifelong buddies, did it? Yes, its unfortunate that she will most likely not tour here, but the argument you present as to why is incredibly fallacious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsquared
any more than it makes sense for individual people to base decisions on grudges about wars from hundreds of years ago
Tell that to us southerners

Last edited by Fish; 01-15-2008 at 02:24 AM..
Old 01-15-2008, 02:28 AM
Faithful Fan

I think it's best not to take judgement on someone you've never met, let alone based on assumptions made by correlating completely irrelevant events.
Old 01-15-2008, 02:31 AM
Banned

INDUSTRIAL is on a distinguished road

Brad, GarconCanadian, Nurvonic and Snatcher, I think it is time to close this absurd thread.
Old 01-15-2008, 02:34 AM
Faithful Fan

On second thought, I think Scruffles is right. I bet that was the exact thought process that went through her head. "I'll get those filthy deceased american heroes whom gave their lives to liberate my home country! They won't ever see my album sold at Tower Records! har har har!!!". There couldn't possibly be anything else having an effect on album sales. This kid is brilliant, get him a cookie!
Old 01-15-2008, 03:07 AM
International Fan

Jess is on a distinguished road

Bah !! Another one of these threads... Lets close this one with a joke shall we !

<hr style="color: rgb(168, 168, 168);" size="1"> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message --> The only seat available on the train was directly adjacent to a well dressed middle aged French woman and the seat was being used by her dog.

The weary traveler asked, "Ma'am, please move your dog. I need that seat."

The French woman looked down her nose at the American, sniffed and said, You Americans. You are such a rude class of people. Can't you see my little FiFi is using that seat?"

The American walked away, determined to find a place to rest, but after another trip down to the end of the train, found himself again facing the woman with the dog.

Again he asked, "Please, lady. May I sit there?". I'm very tired.

The French woman wrinkled her nose and snorted

"You Americans! Not only are you rude, you are also arrogant....!"

The American didn't say anything else, he leaned over, picked up the dog, tossed it out the window of the train and sat down in the empty seat.

The woman shrieked and railed, and demanded that someone defend her honor and chastise the American.

An English man sitting across the aisle spoke up indignantly

"You know, sir, you Americans do seem to have a penchant for doing the wrong thing.

You eat holding the fork in the wrong hand. You drive your autos on the wrong side of the road. And now, Sir, you've thrown the wrong bitch out the window."

Paix, Amour et Musique ☮ ♥ ♫ http://www.international-music-videos.com

Closed Thread