Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News > UEdS Media

Old 03-06-2010, 04:21 PM

Bigdan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
It’s unusual to cultivate her patch of garden; those who receive the love of the public cannot hope for that of the critics, or vice-versa, and so, the bottom of the garden. [need some help with this idiom I think]
The jounalist allude to a french idiom " to have the butter, the money of the butter and the bottom of the cheese seller " ( that's pretty strange after translation )
its mean that you want impossible things, that you can't have the benefits of a situation and the benefits you would have if you had made the opposite choice.... clear?

"to have the butter and the money of the butter" is the traditionnal idiom. " and The bottom of the cheese seller" is a rather vulgar addition...
Old 03-06-2010, 04:55 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road
Default Translation page 2

So much grace Aliziénne, that the gang of pop hussards at the magazine Technikart who presented Alizée in the role of Madonna, could ask her an essential question. Calculated. Ultra-cunning. What a beautiful operation/mission this was, frankly, for underground artists, to render desirable and respected a singer considered, up to now, by the same underground, ultra-passé. So much more fitting that, through eighties glorification and the sniggering of strictness, the époque is, somehow, ready to consecrate Alizée. Such an “out” singer as she could be, better that a moderately swinging star from day before yesterday become so super-“in.” In the modern manner. An indefinable mixture of nostalgia, ingenuousness, cynicism, enthusiasm, and the capacity to zap.

GEEK AND POKER CHAMPION
<O</O
Whatever. Regarding Alizée, we diverge from the subject. Or rather, we muck about. The cliques are not so self-defiant, or hardly genres, that they mix. Distinguished/common, elite/popular, everyone can be everything. Or seem to be.
<O</O
Consider instead Alizée, like one of the symbols (barely displayed in the media) of youth urged to be great, who, in addition to not being stoned, tells and retells of her modesty and lack of cultivation. And her pleasure also, her talent, and the tricks of guys. The ex-Lolita, did you know, is: super good at video games, a real geek, into golf which she plays with her husband, and above all, poker champion, who already beat “all of Jérémy’s pals.”
<O</O
One imagines her with a smoking Colt revolver, an unrecognized Calamity Jane. Her father was a computer scientist, her mother a businessperson. She has nothing to do with art, everything to do with the “mainstream.” She loves it all so much (her parents, the “mainstream”) she was hardly rebellious, crazy, a free wheel. She laughs: “Maybe when I’m 30. I don’t have anything to fight against. Never have, in fact.” Her standards, she repeats again and again, carry her through the profession. The career. One will say that she speaks of another profession, another career. It is not that common, in this era of apparent facility, to say that one is not afraid of effort. That one is not, naturally, a cool girl.
<O</O
To hold the mode. She adores Chanel, of which she buys a lot, and often, at a boutique on the rue Cambon. Her dream is to assist at a parade signed by Lagerfeld. [??] She will not ask. Too proud for that. Too afraid to guess, and perhaps to be wrong, if her name will cross over the barrier of Coco chic. This is practically her only weakness: her sole concession to snobbery.
<O</O
PROFESSIONAL CONFIDENCE
<O</O
For the rest, she accepts everything. From the school of Mylène, where she studied seriously, learning the secrets of marketing, photography sessions, interviews. Not so easy. “Yes it was, too” she says, to be the girl of the hits, that is. An artist who endures, that’s another thing. “When it’s about the music, the visual, the text, I always think of my public. If it’s too pointed, if I don’t understand it, if it goes to far towards the intellectual side, I say no.” She knows she is obsessed with control, a bit of a pain in the neck, knowing exactly what she wants (and doesn’t). She smiles. “Yes, I don’t let go of affairs.” She interrogates herself, with the same sincerity, on how those who have been given so much already smash themselves, to follow the movement, to be there, to think of everything, to be busy with her life, with her husband, with her daughter (since becoming a mother, she avows herself a feminist – from head to toe).
<O</O
One discovers her, who reveals herself so little, through some tattoos on her so-white body. The cuts of a life already written at length. On her left wrist, in Hebrew, the first name of her husband, and on the same wrist the inscription 2A (the department of South Corsica), and on the inside of her right forearm her daughter drawn in Manga, and on the back a Tinkerbell in pastel. Her guardian angel, she avows, is that Tinkerbell, the girlfriend of Peter Pan, discrete, a little jealous. And despite the years that have passed: eternally young.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdan View Post
The jounalist allude to a french idiom " to have the butter, the money of the butter and the bottom of the cheese seller " ( that's pretty strange after translation )
its mean that you want impossible things, that you can't have the benefits of a situation and the benefits you would have if you had made the opposite choice.... clear?

"to have the butter and the money of the butter" is the traditionnal idiom. " and The bottom of the cheese seller" is a rather vulgar addition...
Thanks, Dan. It sounds like the equivalent English idiom is "you can't have your cake and eat it too," and I've so corrected the translation.

OK, I have to say here: some of this stuff is bullshit. Mainstream? Low-brow? No, it's not. Maybe she does think of herself that way, but if so, she deceives herself. That does not describe either the photos or the music we've seen/heard coming from this new effort so far. It's nuanced, complex, a bit dark and gothic.

Maybe she just means that she doesn't have a highly-educated person's sophisticated perception, but that kind of sophistication can actually be a hindrance to real creativity as easily as a help.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716

Last edited by Deepwaters; 03-06-2010 at 05:03 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 03-06-2010, 05:54 PM

SDB is on a distinguished road

Quote:
the cream of the Parisian underground.
Hmm, maybe bad choice of words, or difference in taste, but the cream of Parisien underground has to be Emmanuel Dauchez
Old 03-06-2010, 06:08 PM

Bigdan is on a distinguished road

I see you did not translate this part : ( about the album)
"keyboards layers roll out like chantilly , melodies are catchy, drums rather heavy, in waterfall, voice sometimes girly, sometimes "Farmerised" (sweet bottom school left marks...) We can hear something rare...

Last edited by Bigdan; 03-06-2010 at 07:02 PM..
Old 03-06-2010, 06:36 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

C'est vrai, Dan. The last paragraph looked like a list of people who worked on the album so I didn't bother. I guess there was some poetic language in there, too, though. Thanks again.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 03-06-2010, 11:15 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Hey great job Deep! Keep it coming
Old 03-07-2010, 12:09 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Alizée, metamorphosed ......

Deep. Thanks very much. That was a lot of work.
Old 03-07-2010, 01:15 AM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Cool Alizée under the microscope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafas View Post
Please explain the symbolism in Mademoiselle Juliette. I know black and white tiles, check[er]board formation are masonic symbols, but I dont know what it means... also the venezian masks, what do they mean? is it a symbol for having no soul or personalitiy, like robots?

i dunno, plz help me

- Nafas
Thank you for your interest in the arcane but I hope strangely plausible <a href="http://bellsouthpwp.net/d/o/docdtv/Alizee/">readings</a> I try to do of Alizée's public persona and her artistic endeavors. (<a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camille_Paglia">Camille Paglia</a> has <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dibs">"dibs"</a> on Madonna - and takes herself too seriously - so I decided to work on the Corsican girl. )

Sadly, I have not had the time to complete a thorough essay about <i>Mademoiselle Juliette</i>. Who knows when I will? But other people have put forth ideas here at AAm which you can read. (Use the "search" function to find them.) And it seems you are actively thinking about these things yourself. Perhaps you will write the best explanation!

<table width="75%" align="center" border="5" cellpadding="5"><tr><td><center><i><big>Mademoisel le Juliette</big></i></center>
<i>...I go into that mansion as a visitor. At the foundation of Romeo and Juliette, there are two families: The Montagues and the Capulets. I didn't want to portray the boring story of their battle, so the families are represented by two colours: white and black. Juliette doesn't want to choose between the two and in the end she only makes one.

In the song, Juliette completely doesn't care about her guy, what she wants is just to have fun. The guys are therefore excluded. There are only girls having the party so in fact its possible to imagine things. Its not explicit, each person has the right to his or her own interpretation. I like it when people put their points of view forward.</i>

-Alizée in <i>Tribu move</i>, <a href="http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showpost.php?p=88233&postcount=1">circa 2008.01</a>.</td></tr></table>
If you accept what is written in this new <i>Libération Next</i> article, Alizée herself would <a href="http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showpost.php?p=153597&postcount=22">deny</a> imbuing a deep meaning to the work over which she has had dominant control (including only two albums so far) and also would modestly remind you that she departed school before earning her French <i>Bac</i>. But I'd argue that artistic theory is <i>more</i> concerned with the meanings we can find in art to illuminate life, than with what even the actual artist consciously intended to suggest with a particular work. In other words, the art critic can be an artist as well!

<table width="75%" align="center" border="5" cellpadding="5"><tr><td><i>When one sings a song written by someone else, whether it be Mylène or Jean Fauque, one discovers months after yet other interpretations, and one says to oneself, "Neat, I never thought it could be interpreted like that!"</i>

-Alizée in <i>Tribu move</i>, <a href="http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showpost.php?p=88233&postcount=1">circa 2008.01</a>.</td></tr></table>
On behalf of Alizée, I thank you for buying the deluxe package of <i>UEdS</i>, which I hope you will enjoy.

Most of all, I hope you will get more people in Holland interested in Alizée's work, so that the number of her patrons can continue to grow.

<hr>

Subject: Hollywood cameo role: The JBG as femme fatale Las Vegas croupier!

Quote:
GEEK AND POKER CHAMPION
...The ex-Lolita, did you know, is: super good at video games, a real geek, into golf which she plays with her husband, and above all, poker champion, who already beat “all of Jérémy’s pals.”
Well, how do you like that? I am surprised that youngsters like Alizée play something as <i>old-fashioned</i> as card games - until I reflect on the psychological dimension of sharing physical space with other players! It would seem our favorite "minx" is probably also a "sphinx"!

Anyway, this puts an entirely new light on my post last month on <a href="http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showpost.php?p=151496&postcount=14"><i>Alizée playing cards</i></a>, especially the last paragraph. Deal me in, boys!

P.S. Add one more reason for getting married in Nevada! And with all respect to Barry Manilow, I'd much prefer to see Alizée headlining at <a href="http://www.parislasvegas.com/"><i>Paris Las Vegas</i></a>. Besides, the shorter the entertainer, the more the half-size <i>Tour Eiffel</i> resembles the original!

Last edited by FanDeAliFee; 03-13-2010 at 07:42 AM.. Reason: add Tribu move interpretation of MJ
Old 03-07-2010, 01:48 AM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road

Thanks Deep for the translation. The belly button picture is very good. I think with Alizee being a real down to earth person that what you see is what you get to a great degree. She has a style and grace that is almost extinct among celebrities and the media in general. I also believe is much more complex in a grounded earthy way than even Alizee through her obvious humility would acknowledge or is even aware of. the elites will continue to scoff at her lack of formal education and I sense that even Alizee herself is sensitive to this, however her demeanor is evidence to me that she is light years ahead of many so called academics especially in the artistic realm if you know what I mean.
Old 03-07-2010, 01:51 AM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
and above all, poker champion
All tells laid bare under the piercing gaze of the Corsican goddess?