Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 12-28-2011, 04:04 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Default Trip to Corsica

Right now things with my airline job are kind of up in the air (pun intended), but at the end of the month I'm hoping to go Les Enfoires show in Lyon,provided I can get tickets. After that, I'm hoping to go to Corsica and I was looking for suggestions on where I should go.

I'll definitely drive out to the Blood islands or maybe walk (10 miles???????). It would be nice to get some pictures of Alizee's stomping grounds, but I don't want to do it in a way that would be intrusive. I'm sure there are people in these forums who know where her home was where she grew up in, but I have no intention of trying to find that out. She likes her privacy and I will respect that.

As far as the school, I think I'd like to get some pictures of the outside, but after ueds came out and after the autograph session, Doc proposed a scholarship to the school as a way of thanking her. That idea fell apart but at one point I had proposed delivering it myself and maybe filming the school while I was there. Some people thought it wouldn't look right for a man, especially an older man like me taking pictures in a school full of young girls. I think they had a point so I think just a few picures of the outside will suffice, after all we already have videos on the internet of the inside.

There's one place I would like to find out it's location. That was the restaurant or cafe that Alizee was at with a group of her freinds after she returned from Paris where she had recently recorded Moi Lolita. They had no idea she had recorded a song and then Moi Lolita came on the radio. Alizee at first denied it was her, but it was too obvious and it must have been such a great moment for her.

It would have been so great to see the expressions on her face. The surprise when she heard her song, the look on her face while she tried to keep the cat in the bag, and then that enourmous smile that must have went across her face when that cat was finally let out of the bag. Getting pictures of this place is kind of like going to the Triage Lavoire building where ACC was filmed. It can't compare to the actual moment, but it is better than nothing.

So I'd like some ideas on where I should go and what do you think would or would not be intrusive?

Meanwhile, I'll have to hope nothing changes with my job until after I get back.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 12-28-2011 at 04:07 PM..
Old 12-28-2011, 04:37 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

According to Google Earth the school is on the Av. du Président Kennedy. It's up the hill a short ways from the waterfront. It actually doesn't look like much from the outside. It must not be too big, but maybe that insures more one-on-one instruction.

Old 12-28-2011, 04:44 PM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

Good luck in your upcoming trip! I wish I could go back there as well. As for suggestions: "How about the pizza store that she posted in Twitter?" I think that'll be nice.
Old 12-28-2011, 04:48 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

I started to put some information together when I was thinking about visiting Corsica earlier in the year. Then I bought a money pit (House).

Here is some info that might help you out.
Our members from Ajaccio could be invaluable in saving you time and money.

Ajaccio.com

Europcar

Ajaccio

ajaccio-haute-culture-corsica

Ajaccio Tourism

Ajaccio/TravelGuide

Hotels Luxury to cheap Hotels

Hotel Reviews Ajaccio

OMT Ajaccio

Ajaccio/restaurants

Restaurants-in-Ajaccio 2

Tourist info on Ajaccio

Michelin Tourist sites in Ajaccio

Welcome to shore trips

Last edited by ALS; 12-28-2011 at 04:54 PM..
Old 12-28-2011, 05:40 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

May I suggest that you spend some time exploring the island and the town of Ajaccio itself? It's absolutely gorgeous and has some fascinating history to it. Remember that there was another famous person born there who rose to great prominence in the early 19th century.

You should look for the Italian influences on the culture, and listen for the sound of Corsu, the native language, which if I'm not mistaken is still spoken there by some although it's largely replaced with French by now. Check out the incredible beaches, the picturesque harbor, maybe try to get into the interior of the island and visit some of the villages. Try out the local sausages, cheeses, and red wine, and explore the seafood.

I had a fascination with Corsica long before discovering Alizée and plan to make an extended trip there myself hopefully next year, but anyway as soon as I can. I have a way to support myself there, if I can get my business up to speed, so that's Step 1. I may even retire there.

It was a Greek colony in ancient times, then Carthage had a settlement, then it was taken over by Rome after the first Punic War, and was part of the Roman Empire for centuries. It has one of the strangest native occult traditions I've ever heard of, people who predict other people's deaths in dreams.

I think if you go there just looking for Alizée-related things you're likely to miss out on much of what it has to offer.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 12-28-2011, 05:52 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

I have to agree with Deepwaters on spending your time taking in what Ajaccio and the area around it has to offer. Like I have said before Alizée directed my interest to her home town and the Island of Corsica. It was her father Joe's photography of the Island that really peaked my interest in wanting to spend a few weeks on Corsica exploring Alizée's personal hideaway.
Old 12-28-2011, 06:31 PM

mzracing76 is on a distinguished road

um....who is the more famous person from Corsica now?

A) Napolean
B) Alizee
C) No Comment
Old 12-28-2011, 06:34 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzracing76 View Post
um....who is the more famous person from Corsica now?

A) Napolean
B) Alizee
C) No Comment
LOL. On this board, or in general?

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 12-28-2011, 07:14 PM

mzracing76 is on a distinguished road

lol, in general. but on this board would be Biased
Old 12-28-2011, 07:45 PM
Administrator