Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 12-28-2011, 10:07 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
So I'd like some ideas on where I should go and what do you think would or would not be intrusive?
Well the garden bench Alizée and her brother were sitting on in this interview was the first place I found when I went to Ajaccio back in June 2005.

It's the Old Town and not too hard find.

Here's a shot I took of the bench..

and here's one I took from the garden.

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur

Last edited by Un-rêve; 05-29-2014 at 06:07 PM.. Reason: repost vid
Old 12-29-2011, 12:44 AM
Take me to Lilly Town

Taxi Driver Aaron is on a distinguished road

I would give up everything to be with Alizée...

Old 12-29-2011, 07:12 AM

mzracing76 is on a distinguished road

taxi - that sounds a litle like your selling your soul, i take offense to that, sorry. jmo
Old 12-29-2011, 10:12 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Thanks for all the advice. I'm wondering if the name of that pizza place was included when Alizee made that tweet that someone mentioned. Might be a good place to have lunch one day.

Of course I'm very interested in the Napoleonic history of this area. I went to Waterloo on one of my trips.

There's also a chateau that was built about 6 miles north of Ajaccio out of the remnants of the Royal palace in Paris that was burned down by the Paris commune back in 1871 I believe it was. I made a post about it some time ago in here. Here's part of it.

I was reading about the Tuileries Garden. The Champs_Elysees runs from the Arc de Triomphe to the Place de la Concorde, a large open square famous for among other things, the numerous people who were beheaded there during the reign of terror. Beyond the Place de la Concorde and before the Louvre museum is the Jardin des Tuileries, a large public garden. It used to be the site of a large royal palace (Tuileries Palace) which was built around 1559 by the widow of Henry II ( she didn't build it by herself, I'm sure she had help). It actually joined the Louvre.It got it's name from tile kilns which previously occupied the site. Louis XIV, XV and XVI resided here as well did Napoleon (at different times of course). Louis XVI was guillotened at the near by Place de la Concorde.

It's been attacked a few times, mostly by Parisians, during the French Revolution of course but lastly during the suppression of the Paris Commune in 1871. This was a commune that was formed after France's disastorous loss in the Franco Prussian war. It was set on fire then and allowed to burn for 48 hours without any attempt to stop it. Luckily most of the Louvre miraculously survived. In 1882, the National assembly voted to have it torn down. Stone and marble from it was used among other things to build a castle in Corsica near Ajaccio called Chateau de la Punta. It's about 10 kilometers north of Ajaccio, outside a town called Alata.
Old 12-29-2011, 12:53 PM

WhiteFeather is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Thanks for all the advice. I'm wondering if the name of that pizza place was included when Alizee made that tweet that someone mentioned. Might be a good place to have lunch one day.
I believe it is called Pizza Capri, but it is in Aix-en-Provence on the southern tip of France. Not in Corsica.

Quote:
@mellealizee est ce que ce sont des pizza capri ? Les meilleures pizza d'aix et du monde !
Rough Translation:

Is what they are capri pizza? The best pizza in Aix and the world!

To which Alizée replied, "Yes!"

Just for kicks, their website: http://pizza-capri.fr/

Last edited by WhiteFeather; 12-29-2011 at 01:07 PM..
Old 12-29-2011, 07:09 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Have a fun and safe trip Scruffy .... cant wait to see some pics of that beautiful Mediterranean paradise!
From one future pilot to another can you do me a favor? If you fly on either a Boeing 747 or an Airbus A380 could you take some pics of the interior for me? I see them all the time when I land in JFK or Newark but I never got to see the inside. Cheers bro!~
Hopefully everything with your job gets sorted out.

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 12-29-2011, 09:55 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

That's awesome Scruffy! You take some of the most amazing trips and vacations I've ever heard of!
Btw if I were you I'd also try to go to that pier/dock place where she was walking around in Un-rêve's video link, around 3:07 to 3:24
Old 12-31-2011, 01:02 PM

C-4 is on a distinguished road

Just out of the hospital...again for arm surgery, and saw this post and the accompanying posts.

Have a terrific time, Dave, and enjoy it thoroughly. Remember that many of us live vicariously through your trips and those of others here who are fortunate enough to be able to travel to Europe as often as you are able to do. Please post pictures of Alizeeland for us less fortunate ones.

Also to everyone on the forum, to Alizee, her family, and friends, may we all have a healthy, happy, and successful 2012, with all the good things that come with it.

Stephen
Old 01-02-2012, 08:50 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

Have a great time Scruffy.. there's nothing quite like Alizée's home town!

Well this thread has got me all nostalgic so I thought I'd post some more photo's that I took from L'Île de Beauté.

I hope these give you some idea of places to visit although you will most likely just stumble across the ones from Ajaccio.

I couldn't scan these, so I've took them with my digital camera in order to post.

Here's the main fountain at Place Foch.

There's an open bus tour that runs from Place Foch ( it's kinda like a train with carriages.. hard to describe ) that goes to the Iles Sanguinaires and it's worth taking even if you're renting out a car because you get to see some hot spots on the way.. time is limited when you get to the Iles Sanguinares though.

Well you can always check out the islands again later on anyway and maybe even climb this peak as I did here.

I don't advise going up there though unless you're good with heights.. I realized that I wasn't when I got to the top.

Here's the Napolean monument that we were introduced to on the bus tour. I just hope the tour still runs, because I went in the summer.

BTW those photo's I posted previously were actually from the Maison Bonaparte Museum. Well anyway as I was using my digital camera I thought I'd take another shot of the bench.. I think this one highlights it better.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

OK maybe you will want to check this place out aswell. Here's a screen cap from the Reportage on Sept a Huit - TF1 ( 2007-11-25 )

This is the Jetée de la Citadelle and you can get to this spot by going up some steps behind the Tino Rossi Harbour. There's a nice view up there and I made a point of going up there almost everyday.. there's also a good spot to take some time out and reflect up there.. it's quite peaceful.

That rooftop behind Alizée is actually the same one that she was photographed at back in the day in the Tele Jours magazine aswell.

Well I made a point of photographing it too after jumping over the wall.

Here's a link to that article that might be of interest.
http://www.alizee-forum.com/content....-Jours-2003-08

Here's a shot from the Charles Ornano Harbour Ajaccio.

Well there's also a short boat trip that goes to Porticcio from the Tino Rossi Harbour worth taking and offcourse plenty of other places worth checking out on the island.

Here's some photo's I took from Bonifacio.

The white cliffs.

The lagoon we visited on our boat excursion.

The cavern.

We visited Porto Vecchio for the day aswell and the Palombaggia beach was beautiful just as it was described. The beaches on the way to the Iles Sanguinaires are just as beautiful though imho.

Well I hope this gives you some idea of places to go.. I know Ben also visited Corsica some time ago and took the boat trip to Scandola.. maybe you will check that out aswell!

Bon Voyage!

Btw we stayed at the San Carlu Hotel and I highly recommend it.. it's a great location and not too expensive. The manageress was nice and there was a nice girl there who spoke pretty good English too.

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur

Last edited by Un-rêve; 05-29-2014 at 05:45 PM.. Reason: repost photo
Old 02-04-2012, 03:25 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Me and MerciAlizee have been working behind the scenes to set up a visit to the Ecole de dance in Ajaccio where Alizee learned to dance. I put together a letter to the owner of the school, Madam Muffragi, Chuck translated it and MA sent it.

Well we heard back from her that she had apparently forwarded th letter to Alizee. That's something we didn't anticipate and didn't want for reasons I wont go into now. Monique's English isn't that great so as we left it, she was told I'd be arriving in Ajaccio on the 4th which is today. Seeings how that was a saturday, I figured it be real busy and I didn't want to take pictures that would invade on their students (mostly very young girls as it turns out) privacy.

So once I arrived, I printed up another note and used Google translate to tell her " I know that this must be a busy day for you, so may I come back on monday at 2:00 pm?" I had checked the schedule and they open on 2:15 that day.

Well I went to the school around 3 pm, nervous as a wet hen, but there was no reason to be. You could not have asked for a more pleasant woman. Didn't speak a whole lot of English, but with the help of my letter, I was able to get my message across. She said monday at 10:30 would be good. She then brought out a mop and bucket from the bathroom, indicating apparently that was her cleaning day. I said great and I even offered to help her clean. I hope she takes me up on that. More on that later.

I had bought her a gift while I was in Istanbul; a cashmere scarf and not the cheap kind and I said it was from AAm. She didn't open the gift before I left. Hopefully she'll like it. It would come in handy today. Snow has been following me everywhere I go. The hotel clerk said the last time it snowed here was 1987.

So I'm keeping my fingers crossed that everything goes well monday.