Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 12-20-2018, 11:11 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Well we all have to use common sense in what is posted here or we become a site dominated by forum nazis....."Stick to the subject". I have very strong Christian beliefs. On my vacation last week, I reported going to an important site in Christian history, the church of St Lazarus. I also reported my visit to a Muslim mosque, which is considered the 5th most important site in the Muslim religion. I reported on those 2 places in a factual and unbiased way. On certain grounds, those posts could've been deleted, but using common sense, I think they were interesting posts that showed no bias, good or bad to either religion, so they either were seen and deemed okay, or maybe not seen. So we have to use common sense, and when someone doesn't, we need to act quickly to correct the situation.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 12-20-2018 at 11:14 AM..
Old 12-20-2018, 01:35 PM

Edsel Di Meo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edsel Di Meo View Post
I super agree, she looks awe-so-me !
And I like her haircut, it makes me feel like if I were watching the 2004's Alizée for some reason
Old 12-20-2018, 02:33 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edsel Di Meo View Post
And I like her haircut, it makes me feel like if I were watching the 2004's Alizée for some reason
I think now enough time has passed since she got it chopped short that it is grown to a really nice length. Now she needs to leave it alone! She looks awesome.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Well we all have to use common sense in what is posted here or we become a site dominated by forum nazis....."Stick to the subject". I have very strong Christian beliefs. On my vacation last week, I reported going to an important site in Christian history, the church of St Lazarus. I also reported my visit to a Muslim mosque, which is considered the 5th most important site in the Muslim religion. I reported on those 2 places in a factual and unbiased way. On certain grounds, those posts could've been deleted, but using common sense, I think they were interesting posts that showed no bias, good or bad to either religion, so they either were seen and deemed okay, or maybe not seen. So we have to use common sense, and when someone doesn't, we need to act quickly to correct the situation.
Those posts didn't bother me and I don't think they would have bothered anybody here, in my opinion. You weren't putting any beliefs down or proselytizing your own. The church and the mosque were part of history. I can't see how that could every be offensive to somebody.

Now that you mention it, I did a little bit of research after you posted those pictures because two major religions occupied the same island, and continue to do so. It turns out the Islam population on Cyprus are Sunnis. This is similar to the Kurds that have such a large minority presence in Iraq. Sunni Muslims and Christians have lived peacefully side by side with each other for centuries. So, it CAN be done!

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 12-20-2018 at 02:33 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 12-20-2018, 06:42 PM

stephan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
For once in a long time, I think she wore an outfit while she's performing that accentuates her beauty, instead of hiding it.
Yes! Except this has started a bit earlier: DALS, Je veux bien, her Blonde performances, etc. I remember times when she was hiding her beauty, but that was rather long ago and those were very sad and dark times indeed. This time I'm happy to see her enjoying her own sensual elegant style and being the Alizée we know. Actually going back to roots or at least trying to. More or less actively performing again. Remember when she told she is never going to sing again? Phew, I'm glad she changed her mind. However, I'm still a little bit worried. I hope this positive trend remains.

Old 12-21-2018, 06:50 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephan View Post
I remember times when she was hiding her beauty, but that was rather long ago and those were very sad and dark times indeed. This time I'm happy to see her enjoying her own sensual elegant style and being the Alizée we know. Actually going back to roots or at least trying to. More or less actively performing again. Remember when she told she is never going to sing again? Phew, I'm glad she changed her mind. However, I'm still a little bit worried. I hope this positive trend remains.
Nobody is immune to hitting those low points in life. The failed marriage and canceling the Blonde concert tour... I can only imagine the rejection she felt at that time, both personally and professionally. I don't blame her for not wanting to put herself in that kind of situation again.

She is no different than any other person in that she needs to feel wanted. I don't think there is any question that Gregoire stepped up, and her fan following on FB and IG has reached her. It's like a new chapter in her life now, and I hope like you do that she continues to have the confidence to put herself out there performing and that her fan base responds and support her.

The part that concerns me is that she seems to have fallen from grace in her home country, as far as singing goes. France should be her bread and butter. Maybe that will change.
Old 12-22-2018, 02:14 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
.... It turns out the Islam population on Cyprus are Sunnis. ...
The majority of all Muslims are Sunnis.

From Wikipedia:
65–75% Sunni Islam
10–13% Shia Islam
15–20% Non-denominational Islam