Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 03-10-2009, 08:41 AM

rcs is on a distinguished road
Cool

Guess my tickets will go into a scrap book. See you in Mexico Lili, if I can.

Alizee: Wowww!
Old 03-10-2009, 08:59 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

We've been let down for the second time in 5 months. All I can do is quote the words of that great statesman George W. Bush, "Fool me once.........shame on you................Fool me...............you can't get fooled again!".
Old 03-10-2009, 09:27 AM
2bz

Dark Engine is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
We've been let down for the second time in 5 months. All I can do is quote the words of that great statesman George W. Bush, "Fool me once.........shame on you................Fool me...............you can't get fooled again!".
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KBm5ZSWbD14&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KBm5ZSWbD14&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Old 03-10-2009, 09:30 AM
Never ever wanna leave you

Rachelizee is on a distinguished road

Well having taken 24 hours to absorb the news I must admit I honestly don't know what I feel about this.It's certainly not anger , it's not even really disappointment.Can you be disappointed at something you thought was going to happen ? I really don't know.

Having read and re-read Alizée's message a few things have occurred to me. I know she has received praise ( of sorts ) for responding much quicker to the situation this time or indeed responding at all is a step up from October.That being said , while seemingly more personal , is the content in the message really that different to the October statement that enraged many.

By this I mean , 1) the "excuse" for cancellation , genuine or otherwise , does not explain the lateness of the announcement which on both occassions seems to imply the non-event was known well in advance and 2) the addition of an unspecified ill-defined "event" as a sop to the fans left disappointed.We will wait and see if this takes place unlike the December fan date.

Finally both statements for me are lacking one crucial word and that word is sorry.Sorry for both the inconvenience and the short notice of cancellation is absent from both statements.Before anyone says it , regretting the cancellation is NOT the same as apologising.

As for my own plans I don't know what I'm going to do yet as luckily I only have my Eurostar booking to worry about (my sympathies to those with unrefundable long-distance travel again).

I think ultimately I'm more annoyed at myself than anything else for not adopting a "wait and see" approach.Sadly this appeared to be the strategy for the concert organisers too.

While I now realise this all sounds a bit angry I can assure I'm really not but if I may also add a reworking of the proverb that George W. Bush had so many problems with :

" Fool me once , shame on you
Fool me twice , shame on me
Try and fool me a third time , I won't be there "

P.S. An observation for any conspiracy theorists/graphologists out there. Given the oft-discussed debate over whether Alizée actually runs here own Myspace , how do we know this message is actually from her ??

Edit : Whoa ! Spooky ! I wrote the Bush reference before seeing Scruffydog and Dark Engine's posts. Great minds think alike .. yeah , yeah I know the rest of the phrase !

Last edited by Rachelizee; 03-10-2009 at 10:23 AM.. Reason: Spooky Stuff
Old 03-10-2009, 09:40 AM
2bz

Dark Engine is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachelizee View Post
Fool me once , shame on you
Fool me twice , shame on me
Try and fool me a third time , I won't be there "
I prefer:
Fool me once, shame on me
Fool me twice, ain't gonna happen...
Old 03-10-2009, 10:17 AM
Looking through a glass onion.

Amigo! is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
Fresh squeezed album juice, with a hint of letter-witting pencil graphite.

Goes down smooth doesn't it?

Taste great, less filling *burp*

Hmm, I know theres more...
Old 03-10-2009, 10:52 AM

johnkim2222003 is on a distinguished road

However, I believe that Alizee can fool us once, twice, third time and as many times as she wants. Toward to her, the rational parts of our brain are non-existing. She is now representing a very typical type of girls; "bad girl" or "devil girl". Based on her letter, she had no any remorse, but definitely knows how to find an excuse and trick us, at least many of us. The problems are that she is getting more and more attractive, according to the recent pictures from Les Enfoirés 2009. Therefore, I am afraid to say that many of us in the deep level of heart would not mind or possibly get some satisfactions if she fools again. That is love all about.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:06 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Cool Miller time! No matter how much I drink, my glass stays full.

I think the thing that bothers me most is that you would think after the cancellation of her concert back in october, if she was serious about wanting a successful music career,she should have been questioning her managers on a weekly basis, asking how many tickets have been sold so far and if finding out that they weren't doing well, asking what is being done to increase ticket sales which apparently was nothing.

If she had done this, she would have known a couple of months ago that her tour manager should have been fired when there was still time to save the concert. Which makes you wonder what level of commitment she is willing to make for her career and her fans. We all know her family comes first. So is her career something she just pursues as a hobby or a lark. If it does well..........great, if it flounders and her fans suffer.............oh well.

I don't know. We hardly ever hear from her so it's hard to tell. We are left to guess. We guess on a daily basis in here which leads to arguements (or are they discussions?), disillusionment (is that a real word?) controversy, what have you. Bottom line is she keeps losing more and more fans. Something she can't afford.

Meanwhile her fans are heartbroken once again.
Now we are left to cry in our beer (Miller).

Is there hope? I don't really know. Our only hope is a new album. It has to be a good album, like her first two were. If it's like Psych, it will just prolong the agony.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 03-10-2009 at 01:31 PM..
Old 03-10-2009, 11:42 AM

Junkmale is on a distinguished road

I'm with Scruffydog and remain very very angry about the whole situation.
A few obvious points spring to mind.

1. Someone, somewhere must have known long before now that it wasn't going to happen? Why the late cancellation?

2. If it was due to poor ticket sales then move to a smaller venue, it's not rocket science.

I have a tale to tell of a not to dissimilar situation.
I am a big fan of a band from the Republic of Ireland called The Forget Me Nots. They split several years ago but had a series of reunion concerts in 2007. One of the dates was at the Limelight in Belfast.
With 3 days remaining it was cancelled due to some insurance issue with the venue.
What did the band do. They came anyway and played a 40 minute acoustic set on the street in front of the venue. It was fantastic.
That's dedication. That's the way to treat your fans.
Alizee (or her management) could easily have organised something else considering that they knew it was going to be cancelled a long time ago.
It's a real 'kick in the teeth' for her loyal fans. And let's face it we are loyal.
As i previously posted, i will buy the new album but my respect (and dare i say it) love and affection for her have gone.
Old 03-10-2009, 12:58 PM
Lovin Lili Cool B

LL Cool B is on a distinguished road

My Simplistic View:

BOOOO! : Canceled Concert

Hooray! : New Album

Alizee is my Constant

Last edited by LL Cool B; 03-10-2009 at 01:11 PM..