Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > The AAm Project

Old 07-27-2010, 12:28 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

This is what I feared I would hear.

I did represent all era's. But I figured out in order to catch people's attention(aka "The Attention Getter"), I would have to use something as appealing as possible. And just remember that over %75 of us got hooked by physical looks and hearing her voice first. It is the sad truth and Mylene was right that Alizee would never get rid of the Lolita image. And sorry for falling in to that but it's true.

This flier will catch people's attention and have them motivated to watch her through Gourmandises and MCE eras and then they will move on to Psych and UEDS just like the rest of us. I dunno although I hate doing it this way, this is truely the most effective way...Looks first, voice and personality later.

And thanks for the criticism guys. I will ask Marquis if he wants to use another one or just want me to rearrange and dim the sexualized pictures a bit. Thanks

Come to think of it, I can have one sexualized pic(JEAM) and put it off to the side, and then find a good UEDS pic and put it in the center....

Last edited by User22; 07-27-2010 at 12:31 AM..
Old 07-27-2010, 12:45 AM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

I'd just put a big picture of her, her name, and perhaps a link to here with a short description.

I've included some complementary pictures. Note that I've picked some from every Era, though I've avoided the early Gourmandises stuff. People in the states are too weirded out by the idea of liking cute young girls.

Old 07-27-2010, 12:52 AM
amateur phlebotomist

Chuck is on a distinguished road
Talking Poster pester

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
Just a friendly suggestion. When choosing pictures for making fliers, ask yourself how the Alizée of today will want to be portrayed in the US. Remember how hard Alizée has tried to make her image her own. Is it wise to promote her in an image she wants to leave behind? As compelling as the teenage Alizée in the sailor suit is, it's not her image anymore. Remember, we will be making a first impression FOR her by doing this. I think that makes us responsible for making the right impression, and the impression she wants.

Here's an example of a flier made and used during the Psych era:
http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/show...0&postcount=53

It's appealing and appropriate to the era it represents. Maybe we should do something similar. Just a suggestion...
I could not agree more, Lefty. Aaronius, you should probably stick with more current pix. The "sailor suit" and the lolita "dress", attractive though they may be, have very little in common with the Alizée of today. Think "Truth-In-Advertising" if you want to send the right message to the best possible audience.

And Lefty, did WooHoo do those earlier posters himself? They look fantastic!!! From a graphic standpoint, Psychédélices had a lot more fun colors involved that one could do more exciting stuff with. UEDS, on the other hand, is practically Lili's "Gray Album". Sure, it's classy, but not exactly eye-popping. Me, I like colors.

As to MYGOGT's suggestion of showing a transitional Alizée, I recommend looking at Jalen's signature. It's totally teriffic. Here (sorry, J) :

... But why hasn't he added a Lilly-with-bangs picture yet?

EDIT: Wasabi, those pics are utterly awesome! Everybody, do what Wasabi said ("I'd just put a big picture of her, her name, and perhaps a link to here with a short description.") and you won't go wrong!

Last edited by Chuck; 07-27-2010 at 12:57 AM..
Old 07-27-2010, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
UEDS, on the other hand, is practically Lili's "Gray Album". Sure, it's classy, but not exactly eye-popping. Me, I like colors.
See that's what I'm talking about, yah I did go a bit over the top in the picture choices, but gray doesn't sell sadly. And it's hard for me to say that that's why UEDS isn't selling, because it's grey to people...the music is awesome and dark, but doesn't appeal to everyone. Oh wait that's why she isn't mainstream pop anymore

Man UEDS is so hard to talk about this way when I love it so much
Old 07-27-2010, 01:10 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Here's one I've used quite a bit. It may be out dated, but I think it's the best bait for the job. The trick is to get them to bite and to go to either Youtube or AlizeeAmerica and check out Alizee. They might be disappointed once they get there when they find out she is much older than the picture implies, but if they go that far, they will probably check out the music, at which point they will be hopelessly hooked.

One suggestion I have for any flyer you might make is to add tear off strips at the bottom. Alizée is not the easiest name to remember if you haven't heard it before. So you add these strips down the bottom so people can tear one off. It also gives you an indication of if anyone is paying attention to your flyer. Just rememeber to cut in between the strips to make it easier for people to tear off.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 07-27-2010 at 01:16 AM..
Old 07-27-2010, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
The trick is to get them to bite and to go to either Youtube or AlizeeAmerica and check out Alizee. They might be disappointed once they get there when they find out she is much older than the picture impliies, but if they go that far, they will probably check out the music, at which point they will be hopelessly hooked.
You guys heard it from the big man himself. Thanks for backing me up Scruff
Old 07-27-2010, 01:14 AM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Good point about her name. I had a hard time remembering her name. I remember trying to goggle her name but not knowing what her name was.. other than that it had a "z" in it.

Hahaa, I used to refer to as "That one z french singer chick"

Old 07-27-2010, 01:23 AM

Never thought of doing strips so you wont have to make as many copies.
Old 07-27-2010, 02:03 AM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

I was going to comment that using a photo from every era would be misleading, but then I remembered that she still looks virtually identical to her Lolita days till now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
looking at Jalen's signature. It's totally teriffic. Here (sorry, J) :

)
It's cool dude.

Yea, just chop off the words and ocarinas and there you go...

*gasp*
bumper stickers

----------------
I like Wasabi's point (and post) about the image of a young girl here in the states. It is something to consider, but then again, what about all those Hannah Montana shows on Disney and Nickelodeon? I mean, every single show on those channels nowadays is about teenagers doing un-teenagerly things (that in turn, real teenagers emulate) starring teenagers....

Since the better alternative would be to show the more recent her, I say that last picture in Wasabi's post will do quite nicely

that little black number is sure to catch people's eye

Edit:

Oh lawdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
We'd definitely need to use a giant "Alizée"
on it, otherwise people may mistake Her Grace and Beauty for Keira Knightly

Last edited by user472884; 07-27-2010 at 02:03 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 07-27-2010, 10:28 AM
>9K

AlizéeInspired is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalen View Post
We'd definitely need to use a giant "Alizée"
on it, otherwise people may mistake Her Grace and Beauty for Keira Knightly
I knew she looked like someone in that picture. Just couldn't think of who. Lol. She really does look like her in that picture. Amazing picture of her though