Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 02-13-2009, 12:36 PM

outlaw is on a distinguished road
Unhappy oh.

she's a astrological half-breed! whatre da odds? hehe. i love the color blue it symbolizes power and i love POWER! POWER! HAHA. least in a physical sense.

did my head jus completely turn all the way around?
Old 02-13-2009, 02:04 PM
recovering alizée addict

dreamer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Engine View Post
July-August are Leo months. Virgo starts on August 23. She was born on the 21st. However, being so close to the beginning of Virgo means she would share a lot of their traits; but she is still a Leo. That is, if you believe in astrology.
Astrology is a bunch of bullshit IMO. It has no scientific grounding whatsoever. It's fantasy.
Old 02-13-2009, 04:19 PM

Jamie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer View Post
Astrology is a bunch of bullshit IMO. It has no scientific grounding whatsoever. It's fantasy.
Everyone has their own personal reality....
Old 02-13-2009, 04:56 PM

Rocket is on a distinguished road

The Assyrians invented astrology long before the birth of Christ. Since the Earth travels in the solar system and within the Milky Way, the stars and constellations have shifted over the centuries. In fact, the constellations we see in the sky now is not the same ones the Assyrians saw. Durning the summer, they saw the constellation Leo. Today Leo isn't seen until around December. Further proof that astology is bullsh#t.
Old 02-13-2009, 05:37 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
The Assyrians invented astrology long before the birth of Christ. Since the Earth travels in the solar system and within the Milky Way, the stars and constellations have shifted over the centuries. In fact, the constellations we see in the sky now is not the same ones the Assyrians saw. Durning the summer, they saw the constellation Leo. Today Leo isn't seen until around December. Further proof that astology is bullsh#t.
I couldn't agree more...
Old 02-13-2009, 08:45 PM
2bz

Dark Engine is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
Never said I believed in it. I am interested on how accurate it can be though. I'm a cancer and the description suits me perfectly. I often check compatibility with other signs when getting to know someone just to see what I could be up against. I don't take it to heart, but keep it in mind if things go south. Every time I've had a relationship fall apart because I wasn't supposed to be "compatible" with said sign, the reasons stated were correct; it's weird. I've also looked at the traits of my most compatible signs and ironically, they have the traits of exactly what I want in a woman. I've heard others say that the traits are so vague that anyone can fit every description. But from what I've seen, that isn't true either. Zodiac signs are creepy.
Old 02-13-2009, 08:58 PM
gone with the geostrophic

heyamigo is on a distinguished road

hmm if you guys think zodiac signs is all there is to astrology, then try opening your mind more. not saying i believe in all that stuff, but astrology is more than zodiac signs.

in the end, astrological influences are only that. they are influences; as for man, his free will overpowers anything. but just within our solar system there are forces of planets and sun that do exert influences on the earth plane.
Old 02-13-2009, 09:15 PM
2bz

Dark Engine is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyamigo View Post
hmm if you guys think zodiac signs is all there is to astrology, then try opening your mind more. not saying i believe in all that stuff, but astrology is more than zodiac signs.

in the end, astrological influences are only that. they are influences; as for man, his free will overpowers anything. but just within our solar system there are forces of planets and sun that do exert influences on the earth plane.
Yeah, I Know there is a lot more into it rather than, I'm a cancer and a cancer is a cancer. There's also birth year and when in the month your were born and all kinds of other crap. I don't take it that seriously so I don't delve into it very deeply. I don't even read my own horoscope.
Old 02-13-2009, 09:44 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

These guys can say it better than I can...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3Dp2Zqk8vHw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3Dp2Zqk8vHw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Iunr4B4wfDA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Iunr4B4wfDA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oQPFoDkGFrU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oQPFoDkGFrU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>
Old 02-14-2009, 12:33 AM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Alizée is a Leo sun and Virgo rising, so she's both. (I'm the exact opposite, a Virgo sun with Leo rising.)

As for the videos above, Carl Sagan spends a great deal of time contrasting ideas that are not in fact in conflict. He cites some historical facts about astrology in ancient times (true for the most part), speculates on the motivations behind astrology's continued survival (generally false; there is nothing fatalistic about astrology), and criticizes newspaper astrology, which most astrologers would also criticize. He sets up a straw man, refuting the idea that a horoscope is absolutely determinative of fate, which again no astrologer would claim, and vaguely refers to the flawed research conducted by James Randi without either specifying it or acknowledging its flaws. He then makes an argument that, in another context, he himself refuted as illogical and anti-scientific: that the fact that science cannot explain how astrology could work means it doesn't. This very argument was raised by people circulating an anti-astrological petition among scientists, and Dr. Sagan refused to sign it, not because he believes in astrology (obviously he doesn't), but because that argument itself is unscientific.

I didn't bother watching either of the other two videos. Carl Sagan was at least an honest and honorable scientist, although in this case he was mistaken. James Randi is simply a fraud and a con artist. As for Bill Nye -- I think the above in reference to Sagan's argument will suffice, as it's unlikely Nye raised anything different.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716