Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 03-03-2012, 09:18 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I've said several times before that she really needs a manager who knows what they're doing and as Euphoria said, she hasn't had that in the past 4 or 5 years.

This years Les Enfoires showed with "Rolling in the deep" that she can turn up the heat without being vulgar and I think that's what we should hope for. Her showing more of her sexy side, something she's probably more willing to do now that she apparently is no longer with Jeremy, but something that can be done tastefully?????

It would be great if she wrote some of her own lyrics. Wasn't the song Lou ou toi based on something that happened in her life. I thought it was a great song, but as Brian mentioned, I don't think she'd want to open up her personnal life and expose other people in her life.

Take for instance Carly Simon's "You're so vain". It was supposedly written about her relationship with Warren Beatty and though she never admitted it (except to one fan I believe), everyone suspected it was him and it kind of cast him in a bad light. So you would think a very good song could possibly be written about Alizee's relationship with Jeremy, but I feel she would never do that, even if they seperated (did they????) on bad terms. She would never want to profit at his expense.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mQZmCJUSC6g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 03-03-2012, 10:19 AM
Take me to Lilly Town

Taxi Driver Aaron is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
People don't want the wholesome mom wearing sneakers and tit curtains.
tit curtains....

Old 03-03-2012, 01:13 PM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I've said several times before that she really needs a manager who knows what they're doing and as Euphoria said, she hasn't had that in the past 4 or 5 years.

This years Les Enfoires showed with "Rolling in the deep" that she can turn up the heat without being vulgar and I think that's what we should hope for. Her showing more of her sexy side, something she's probably more willing to do now that she apparently is no longer with Jeremy, but something that can be done tastefully?????

It would be great if she wrote some of her own lyrics. Wasn't the song Lou ou toi based on something that happened in her life. I thought it was a great song, but as Brian mentioned, I don't think she'd want to open up her personnal life and expose other people in her life.

Take for instance Carly Simon's "You're so vain". It was supposedly written about her relationship with Warren Beatty and though she never admitted it (except to one fan I believe), everyone suspected it was him and it kind of cast him in a bad light. So you would think a very good song could possibly be written about Alizee's relationship with Jeremy, but I feel she would never do that, even if they seperated (did they????) on bad terms. She would never want to profit at his expense.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mQZmCJUSC6g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
That would be great Scruffy and there is an outside chance that someone that is a fan has upped some money to finance her album, giving her artistic leverage, and there is an outside chance that Sony and the producers of their choosing may actually get it right and either or pics lyrics and music at least to the level of MF/LB. I have seen no indication that Alizee desires to write her own material and if she did find someone with the talent of afore mentioned to write the accompanying music to the lyrics. Pigs will probably fly first. Although there is also the outside chance that Alizee will surprise me and do what you suggested. Necessity is the mother of invention. I pray that you are right Scruffy! She is a very smart cookie. Anything is possible with her.
Old 03-30-2012, 11:37 AM

mzracing76 is on a distinguished road

You all are going to be very disapointed. Alizee is not going back to her "pop style" roots. although, her new album will be her best yet on her own, mostly like her 3rd album, rather than her 2 with Mylene. Alizee has no intentions on doing a "album" with Mylene, however, she holds Mylene and Laurent in great levels of respect. The only reason she is requesting to to team up with Mylene is perhaps to creating a song here, and a song there, not to create a entire album. that would allow her fans to have some sort of loyalty to Mylene and what once was. Alizee doesnt want that former image, or style. she wants her "NEW" style. she wants to sing all forms of music from Rock, Rap, Electric, Pop, Slow Contemporary. There is no going back to her roots, but what she prefers is to team up with Mylene to offer a few songs/styles from that era from the past. Like I said, you are all setting yourselves up for disapointment rather than excitement.

Enjoy ALizee's New CD. it will be a mixed style from each of her first 4 albums. That is the beauty of Alizee, that is her Legend, and the Future.
Old 03-30-2012, 11:56 AM

Karin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzracing76 View Post
You all are going to be very disapointed. Alizee is not going back to her "pop style" roots. although, her new album will be her best yet on her own, mostly like her 3rd album, rather than her 2 with Mylene. Alizee has no intentions on doing a "album" with Mylene, however, she holds Mylene and Laurent in great levels of respect. The only reason she is requesting to to team up with Mylene is perhaps to creating a song here, and a song there, not to create a entire album. that would allow her fans to have some sort of loyalty to Mylene and what once was. Alizee doesnt want that former image, or style. she wants her "NEW" style. she wants to sing all forms of music from Rock, Rap, Electric, Pop, Slow Contemporary. There is no going back to her roots, but what she prefers is to team up with Mylene to offer a few songs/styles from that era from the past. Like I said, you are all setting yourselves up for disapointment rather than excitement.

Enjoy ALizee's New CD. it will be a mixed style from each of her first 4 albums. That is the beauty of Alizee, that is her Legend, and the Future.
interesting, but... Psychédélices was mix of many styles and how it ended...

Old 03-30-2012, 08:58 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzracing76 View Post

Video of her saying this or it didn't happen. Cause unless you are Alizée, there is a very small chance you know what Alizée wants haha.
Old 03-31-2012, 07:40 PM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

Mylene knows what works on multiple levels in the industry. The first time around Alizee was just part of the machinery. Now Alizee has her feet wet in all the other things that are needed to make the machine run. So there is a vastly different appreciation for everything else.

Getting back together now won't be a dive into the past. It will be a BUSINESS relationship between adults. Still master and apprentice. But the apprentice is now equipped with a load of insights and skills that were non-existent the first time.

In fact, the concept of "back together" is moot. How about just "get together". Because even if Alizee had never been part of that machine, the ability to tap into the expertise (at whatever level) is a good thing.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:41 AM

Melle Katherine is on a distinguished road

I couldn't read the all comments here, but... here's my opinion.
I used to hate Myléne between 2005-2011. I don't know exactly why, but I think she's too vulgar. She was nude in her old clips, come on... So I think Jérémy is right, if he really disliked that sexual image. I think Myléne want Alizée to be similar to her, to be a "mini Myléne"... And she didn't realized that Alizée is different. Alizée isn't like her, never was and never will be. Alizée did right, that she left Myléne & Laurent. She had to find her own way, her own style, the music she likes and want to make. I admire Jérémy because of his work with "Psychédélices". I think it was a great album, AND DON'T TELL IT WASN'T OR IT WASN'T SUCCESSFUL! Because it was. Just the stupid Myléne-adorer French people weren't curious about her without Myléne... But she has much better voice, than Myléne has! If this album would be someone else's, it would be a great success. If it would be her first one, then too.
BUT: Last year I started listening to Myléne's music. Some of them I like, and I have to tell you that she's very talented and creative, but I prefer Alizée. It's a fact, that Myléne's the greatest singer in France and she does the things well. She can also write very good lyrics too, and Laurent is a great composer. But I don't want them to work again with Alizée. Myléne and Laurent used her, and Jérémy made Alizée understand it. She's better off without MF & LB...

Speaking of... Do you remember that letter from Myléne? She sent to Alizée a letter at the end of 2011, Alizée also tweeted a picture about it. I'm curious what could be written in that letter...

Old 02-04-2013, 04:01 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I think as I've said many times before that feathers were ruffled in the break up of Alizee, MF and LB and I think that all this letter shows is that it's in the past. They're are no more hard feelings, at least between MF and Alizee, but that's about it. Mylene probably offered her words of encouragement, but nothing else. I think Alizee realizes how major a part they were for her early success and probably wishes there was a way they could have stayed working together in a way that would have been more befitting as to who she was, instead of who Mylene was.

A lot is said about how Alizee's lack of success is due to so many of Mylene's fans being bitter about the break up, but there are so many fans in France who are not fans of Mylene. The truth of the matter is as opposed to the U.S., in France she is competing against a larger international music world, with plenty of great singers and great songs and having songs that are good, just isn't good enough.

Look at Beyonce in this years Superbowl half time show. She sang good songs. She looked stunning and had some very good dance routines. For most of Alizee's performances in recent years, she's barely had one of the three. How can she hope to compete? She doesn't dance any more. She's still good looking, but she threw away her great looks. It's a very competitive industry and plenty of artists work hard to put on a good show, because that's what the fans want. They want to be entertained and Alizee falls far short in putting on the type of show she used to put on.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 02-04-2013 at 04:13 PM..
Old 02-04-2013, 05:18 PM
Amélie's Fed Up in Autumn

lapinschous is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
* I think Alizee realizes how major a part they were for her early success and probably wishes there was a way they could have stayed working together

* she is competing against a larger international music world, with plenty of great singers and great songs and having songs that are good, just isn't good enough.

*Look at Beyonce in this years Superbowl half time show. She sang good songs. She looked stunning and had some very good dance routines. For most of Alizee's performances in recent years, she's barely had one of the three.

*How can she hope to compete? She doesn't dance any more.

* It's a very competitive industry and plenty of artists work hard to put on a good show, because that's what the fans want.

*They want to be entertained and Alizee falls far short in putting on the type of show she used to put on.

As always, Scruffy is right on pretty much everything. Back then , before the break up Alizée didn't realize how insignificant she is compared to Mylène's 200 Million Euros worth empire as the most successful french female singer alive ... She went from nothing to international fame in the blink of an eye thanks to MF & LB massive marketing machine , she didn't understand that it would have been impossible for most singers to succeed that "blitzkrieg" in the charts .

Everything was served on a silver plate, the songs, the fans, the tv shows, the great music, she only had to do the two things she's good at singing (well , sometimes) and mostly dancing .

But then happened the 20yo crisis and she threw everything away, falling in love with a guy whose success would be over in a matter of few years.

And then she distanced herself from the competitive world that Scruffy mentionned, she completely changed her singing style, stopped dancing and got in touch with the wrong people .

La Nostalgie des jours gourmands..