Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 08-25-2007, 02:31 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaKrupa View Post
I call this AAus and Alliance AAfr.
How about we all just avoid all the confusion and just use the name of the site by common description, such as Alizée America or the host name moi-alizee.us? I've always been confused as to whether it was alizee-fanpage or alizee-fanclub. I think I get it now, but still...
Actually, no, I still don't know what is what.

Merci Fanny
Old 08-25-2007, 02:39 AM

Boccob is on a distinguished road

Oh sure, that makes sense. I don't know much about her personal life either except for the interviews she did as a teenager. I agree that she seems very reserved (at least off stage ).

It seems like some celebs who got their start as kids try to distance themselves from their early performances by going bonkers as they get older vis a vis Lohan (Disney to DUI), Elizabeth Berkley (Saved by the Bell to that stripclub movie she did), etc. etc. I have a pretty good feeling that Alizee isn't going to do that, and I think her family might be a positive influence on her.

Of course, I could be way off, too.
-B
Old 08-25-2007, 02:54 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boccob View Post
Oh sure, that makes sense. I don't know much about her personal life either except for the interviews she did as a teenager. I agree that she seems very reserved (at least off stage ).

It seems like some celebs who got their start as kids try to distance themselves from their early performances by going bonkers as they get older vis a vis Lohan (Disney to DUI), Elizabeth Berkley (Saved by the Bell to that stripclub movie she did), etc. etc. I have a pretty good feeling that Alizee isn't going to do that, and I think her family might be a positive influence on her.

Of course, I could be way off, too.
-B
Actually, very good points. I guess it is typical for teenagers to excert their will by doing things deemed inappropriate just to prove they can, but with a super star, it's like that times a hundred. Also, as you say, I, after having grown up, have a high opinion of positive family influence. Though it's not always enough to counteract point number one. Yes, I think Alizée has past that point and seems to have come through unscathed.

Merci Fanny
Old 08-25-2007, 03:09 AM

Topaz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Un-rêve View Post
You could have a point there but I don't remember these kind of things happening before the release of J'en Ai Marre! How times have changed.
BTW, I PM'd you days ago about a pic you have in your signature and I still haven't heard anything from you. Would you please PM me back or answer my question in the Official news thread.
Thanks in advance.
Sorry I missed PM. The answer is I got it off the web.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
I don't know. I actually think that in various ways she just got lucky, and I don't really know much about her personal life, except what we are now going to be guessing on some more with the new material. The marriage was supposedly on a whim, or so it was described in that interview with Jeremy. For all I know, getting pregnant was a total accident. I don't actually think it helped her career any, except that perhaps it did indeed help stabilize and re-ground her (hopefully). But, beyond all that, I still get the impression that as far as going crazy, there's always been something different about her. I get the impression that she's always been kind of reserved and that just never really changed. That sort of personality trait may have made all the difference, rather than some intentional life style affirming decision. Does any of that make any sense?

Having strong family support and good judgment is the key to not become one of those 'where are they now' stories for child performers.

Last edited by Topaz; 08-25-2007 at 03:13 AM..
Old 08-25-2007, 03:26 AM

Ioku is on a distinguished road

Wheres the clip
Old 08-25-2007, 03:48 AM

Drake498 is on a distinguished road

^go look it up on youtube....

Je t'aime Alizée
Old 08-25-2007, 04:14 AM
gone with the geostrophic

heyamigo is on a distinguished road

AAm is a good nick for this site.
Old 08-25-2007, 04:17 AM

rcs is on a distinguished road
Talking Me Likes

Yeah baaby!!!

Thanks Mibir!!!

Alizee: Wowww!
Old 08-25-2007, 04:36 AM

mibir is on a distinguished road

No problem
Old 08-25-2007, 06:35 AM
Le fan irlandais

Killian is on a distinguished road

Just heard the longer clip, I think it's brilliant. I like how it goes from slow to fast as has been mentioned before, and I like the way Alizée is singing in the verses.

But I would echo a previous statement, in the pre-chorus Lili's voice does seem to be very slightly over-filtered, not a major problem by any stretch of the imagination, but I feel Alizée's voice is able to survive without the amount of effects they put on it, generally that could mask a mediocre singer, but Lili doesn't need it.

But, regardless of this, I love it.

Also relating to the site's nickname, we need to follow our lead from Monty Python's "The Life Of Brian". The United Judean's People's Front, the People's Front Of Judea, and the United front of Judean People all existed, and all had the same goals, so we should be, by this process, The United Front Of Fan's of Alizée Mainly Living In America or UFFAMLA for short

Edit: Man, living in Ireland, puts you behind discussionwise. But I would also like to point out that if Alizée made any sign she was unhappy about us sharing it, I would gladly stop. I know Alizée knows we are doing it, and she hasn't said anything so at this moment it would seem okay.

Is mo páis agus mo inspioráid í Alizée. Níl aon scamall sa spéir nuair a feicim nó cloisim í.

Last edited by Killian; 08-25-2007 at 06:40 AM..