Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 08-29-2007, 12:45 AM

mibir is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentFox View Post
Mabe she wants to keep her new album quiet, i really dont know, but i am with you on that they should of said somthing about her by now, her new cd comes out next week
I think we figured her single would come out next week, not album.
Old 08-29-2007, 02:11 AM

Bigbobo is on a distinguished road

I am going to use Stadium Arcadium by The Red Hot Chili Peppers as a reference as I was totally psyched about it.

Dani California was released about a month or two before the album. It was the first single as Fifty-Sixty is. The album wasn't really pumped with promotion until the video was out. Sure people knew about it and wasn't kept hush hush but it wasn't promoted highly until after the video.

Also the single isn't the album. The single is just a CD with a song and/or a couple of remixes and/or another b-side track. It's not the full shabang.

Really, all this is saying is don't worry, she's going to promote sooner or later.
Old 08-29-2007, 06:10 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

[quote=Bigbobo;59588]...The album wasn't really pumped with promotion until the video was out. Sure people knew about it and wasn't kept hush hush but it wasn't promoted highly until after the video. ...
[\quote] Yeah, it's just weird to not have word one about it. Maybe this supposed leak will force them to move up the schedule for doing something, like just having one page for her website with a link to the 1 min. version of the sample. I hope that didn't mess with them too much. It's cool for us to have gotten the sample, but as has been said 500 times here before, they want to wait until they are really ready so that they can create a spike in hype/demand that will get them noticed.
It's like last year when people here were trying to get Alizée noticed on digg. They were saying that if a certain number of people, maybe 50, all dugg Alizée at the same time she might get onto the front page, thus creating a great deal of exposure, while probably 100 people digging in clumps of 5 each week would not have the same effect and the digg would remain obscure (or something like that). We're all on high alert now, though. If a month passes and we still hear nothing, we're going to be pretty darn tweaked out about it. At least, like some people said, this has convinced people who were skeptical about if the album actually even existed.

Merci Fanny
Old 08-29-2007, 08:53 AM

Martin is on a distinguished road

While 50/60 is good for a starter, I certainly expect much more originality and fresh ideas when the album is out. Alizee is in her best when delivering something more emotional and passionate with her expressive voice. Jeremy is a bit orientated to cool and "lay back" sounding music which is ok but to my ears sounds somewhat souless. Fixty/Sixty could well be his catchier work so far but I will wait for the more varied songs we've been promised, with a deeper sound and more Alizee than generic guitar riffs in them.
Old 08-29-2007, 08:57 AM
Le fan irlandais

Killian is on a distinguished road

I agree with you Martin, it would be nice to see Alizée reach new areas with her music, but remember that LB was a very talented composer with an ability to create new sounding material, while we still don't know if Jéremy has the same gift he had, nor do we know if Jéremy composed all the songs. Heck, we don't know if he was the composer of 50/60.

You are right 50/60 is a good way to ease yourself back into notice, if she came out with something overly original she may not have been embraced, so she did need to do something which is popular to be allowed back into the market.

Is mo páis agus mo inspioráid í Alizée. Níl aon scamall sa spéir nuair a feicim nó cloisim í.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:17 AM

Martin is on a distinguished road

Yep, 50/60 is good for a return single, just not something to write home about musicaly. I think a lot of thought was put in it, english title, recognisable lyrics, easy going and catchy. Pretty much all the ingredients for a radio hit with the international audience in mind. The rest of the album might come as a pleasant surprise I suspect but for a first(?) single they obviously chose a formula already tried. Should be great in concert though
Old 08-29-2007, 09:27 AM

mal is on a distinguished road

re mylene "good off of your fame its only a game im not twenty" I believe thats what mylene wrote for Alizee to sing. Come ON. that is so obvious. Mylene like so many older women (not all) is jealous of the young and famous.
Old 08-29-2007, 11:56 AM
J'essaye parler francais

MesGourmandises is on a distinguished road

I can't stand Mylene...
Old 08-29-2007, 12:00 PM
Alizée Fan For Life

SilentFox is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killian View Post
I agree with you Martin, it would be nice to see Alizée reach new areas with her music, but remember that LB was a very talented composer with an ability to create new sounding material, while we still don't know if Jéremy has the same gift he had, nor do we know if Jéremy composed all the songs. Heck, we don't know if he was the composer of 50/60.

You are right 50/60 is a good way to ease yourself back into notice, if she came out with something overly original she may not have been embraced, so she did need to do something which is popular to be allowed back into the market.
Ya, would have to agree as well on this, 50/60 is a great way for her to come back.
Old 08-29-2007, 12:59 PM

mal is on a distinguished road

I could totally see an intentional leak to drum up desire for the album. Then when it comes out people clammer for it. Keeping secret after the leak up until sales is important. 50/60 is ok. But omg this is like direct response to "im not twenty". Mylene deserves it. who the hell takes adv of a young dream filled girl. Often the songs the band loves arent the ones which take off. A lot of "b" sides have become hits.