Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 09-01-2007, 03:39 AM

fsquared is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tye View Post
Like Deepwaters said, the langauge of the English royals was French during parts of the Middle ages. French was used by the royals, and an unrefined version of English was used by the poor people. The reason why some people didn't want the Bible translated into English in the Middle Ages was because the church thought the English language was not worthy enough to have the Bible translated into it. Shakespeare wrote his plays in English so that it would be accesible to common people. Shakespeare gave the language credibility in the literary filed.

I wonder what the English language and culture would be like if the Normans had failed to conquer England?
Yeah, OK, I should have been more explicit about the role of the Norman conquest and the rise of French as the court language during that time.
Actually I'm not really all that familiar with quite how long the domination lasted, though it's clear that it had a huge impact on the vocabulary of English as we speak it now. (And I suppose there's a reason why the Anglo-Saxon words in English for certain things, e.g. bodily functions, are considered ruder than the French counterparts in English . It also explains why we have all these funny dualities for certain things, e.g. "cow" for the animal but "beef" for the meat. So perhaps your point is well made regarding English, with the additional comment that the language itself hybridized a lot more than, say, Russian did when the court language was French there. The only thing I wondered about was that I didn't know what it meant to say that English was never a "high" language.

Regarding the Bible, I think Luther's translation of the Bible into German was met with similar consternation at the time for similar reasons.

And if the Norman conquest hadn't happened, we'd probably be speaking something a little more like Frisian (that's assuming everything else happened and former English colonies dominated North America and etc. etc. etc. )

Last edited by fsquared; 09-01-2007 at 03:51 AM..
Old 09-01-2007, 04:27 AM

paleddy62 is on a distinguished road
Default Newer version

Hello all,

Just heard a longer version of Fifty Sixty. I will not post the link in the forum, but if u r interested, I will pm u the link. Have a good day.
Old 09-01-2007, 04:35 AM
Le fan irlandais

Killian is on a distinguished road

Longer than the twenty second version, or longer than the one minute version?

Is mo páis agus mo inspioráid í Alizée. Níl aon scamall sa spéir nuair a feicim nó cloisim í.
Old 09-01-2007, 04:37 AM

paleddy62 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killian View Post
Longer than the twenty second version, or longer than the one minute version?
dont know how long exactly..but some stuff we havent heard..in fact, listening to it again, and have to say it is mostly stuff we haven't heard...other than chorus.

Last edited by paleddy62; 09-01-2007 at 04:40 AM..
Old 09-01-2007, 08:05 AM

Raptor12 is on a distinguished road

If there's anybody that doesn't have the full song yet and wants it pm me
Old 09-01-2007, 08:22 AM
gone with the geostrophic

heyamigo is on a distinguished road

wow i don't know about some parts of the song...i can't say i like what they've done to the voice in certain parts, but it's nice to finally get the complete song.
Old 09-01-2007, 08:25 AM

clique is on a distinguished road

I'll repost what I wrote on Alizee-Forum:

"After listenting to the full song I must say that the 1 min extract is probably the best part of the song, imo. There's too much going on in the song, weird sound effects that doesn't really fit in and I really don't like the sudden change of tempo (ppl that have listened to it knows what I mean) that suddenly occurs halfway through.

It feels like the song is a mix of ballad/pop/rock/dance/techno. Too much for one song. And if this really is the first single I'm a bit worried how the tv-performances will work, not to talk about when (if) she'll sing it live.

I'm a bit disappointed tbh, cause this really feels like a song that could have been on one of her previous albums. Take not though that I'm merely speaking about the SOUND of the song, since I don't understand French. I was hoping for a bigger departure from the previos sound, hopefully the other songs will provide me with that."
Old 09-01-2007, 08:38 AM
gone with the geostrophic

heyamigo is on a distinguished road

i agree with you, clique especially about too much going on and strange out-of-place sounds. and yea, the teaser was the best part of the song. but i don't think this song sounds anything like what was in previous albums, i don't think it's remotely close to music produced by MF/LB. it's a bit too rough/harsh and synthesized at times and the drowning of lili's voice is something i am not a fan of.

but then who knows, maybe the final final version will be different from this one that's circulating around the web. we won't know until the D-Day...09/05
Old 09-01-2007, 08:42 AM
L'âme Artistique

Amelie is on a distinguished road

amazing song!!!!!!!! (merci beaucoop, Luc!!!) (i'm crying)

Miss Amélie's Myspace-New design again! 2008 10 02.

Last edited by Amelie; 09-01-2007 at 08:47 AM..
Old 09-01-2007, 08:43 AM
Le fan irlandais

Killian is on a distinguished road

Does the fact that the full song is out in the open make this an unintentional leak? Whose going to put their entire song on the internet pre-release?

Is mo páis agus mo inspioráid í Alizée. Níl aon scamall sa spéir nuair a feicim nó cloisim í.