Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 09-03-2007, 12:53 PM
J'essaye parler francais

MesGourmandises is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbobo View Post
I think the reason people don't like it because they were expecting something else and really wanted it and/or doesn't want her style of music to change.

She changed her style. I think that some people don't like that style. I come from the harder, rock, industrial music group. Thats maybe why I like it. It's certainly not because I'm a fan. It's because I like it. In fact I was afraid that I wouldn't like it and hate it but I didn't
I like that she's doing more rock songs too. Besides, it's not like grunge rock, its Rock/Pop, which is fine for her.
Old 09-03-2007, 01:12 PM
un jour une fois

espire is on a distinguished road

Well, as far as I know today, I'm going to leave my avatar as a portrait of Laurent Boutonnat (which I coloured myself, I might add) for as long as I can, as a tribute to one of the things that Alizée unfortunately had to sacrifice in order to get where she is now.
Old 09-03-2007, 01:28 PM
J'essaye parler francais

Quote:
Originally Posted by espire View Post
Well, as far as I know today, I'm going to leave my avatar as a portrait of Laurent Boutonnat (which I coloured myself, I might add) for as long as I can, as a tribute to one of the things that Alizée unfortunately had to sacrifice in order to get where she is now.
So that's who that is! I thought it was you. lol
He's a good writer.. L'e-mail a des ailes, amiele m'a dit, toc de mac and J'ai pas vignt ans were his best works.
Old 09-03-2007, 01:38 PM
Producer/Engineer

neoific is on a distinguished road

Still looking for a link to the full version.
Old 09-03-2007, 01:45 PM
J'essaye parler francais

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoific View Post
Still looking for a link to the full version.
We have the full version rough copy. It's actually on my soon to be webpage so you can hear it without downloading:

http://web.mac.com/projectmondo/Alizee/Home.html
Old 09-03-2007, 02:00 PM

dospel is on a distinguished road

ah i love that song =)
good work alizee!
Old 09-03-2007, 02:01 PM
Fidèle Toujours

Cooney is on a distinguished road

I'm glad to hear Alizée is doing some more rockish stuff now than she was. Her previous brand of pop sweetness worked, but it's the sort of thing you can't really do your whole life if you want to be taken seriously. She'd always said she liked rock music, electric guitars, etc, and now's her chance to do it.
Old 09-03-2007, 02:58 PM
Fan d'Alizée (pour toujour)

CFHollister is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooney View Post
I'm glad to hear Alizée is doing some more rockish stuff now than she was. Her previous brand of pop sweetness worked, but it's the sort of thing you can't really do your whole life if you want to be taken seriously. She'd always said she liked rock music, electric guitars, etc, and now's her chance to do it.
Word
Allow me to use one of RMJ's wallpapers to express my further feelings on the subject:
Old 09-03-2007, 03:02 PM
Le fan irlandais

Killian is on a distinguished road

^
That would be the perfect video for 50//60 (at least the part I heard). A band of Lili's rocking it out for the duration of the song. Ah, such bliss

Is mo páis agus mo inspioráid í Alizée. Níl aon scamall sa spéir nuair a feicim nó cloisim í.
Old 09-03-2007, 03:06 PM
Planetary Observer

Leo Sonidus is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooney View Post
For me, Alizee's past music did not exactly fit into a hardened, specific category like "rockish", or even "pop rock". It was more a pop alternative that allowed more creative leave without having to reside under a restrictive banner. This song sounds more like some retro techno-rock-pop of days gone by.

Hers was always an undefined pop music with techno overtones, in my description of her music, than anything else. Which was fine because it left room for more creativity, both then and for the future evolution of things. Different, as many described the music, and half of the appeal, herself commanding the rest. There is nothing very creative or evolutionary to this tune. And for her to go more rock or whatever, is to obscure her, artistically, with a billion other sound-a-likes. Who wants that? If this is to be the case....she would surely need more sophistication to her offerings.

That said, I support her efforts whatever they are. You have to flex and explore yourself, sometimes, if you ever expect to grow. Maybe I will collaborate with her on her 4th album. I'd .....LUV..... that. T'would be ultra COOL man !!! I have my fantasies too, ya know !!!!

Alizee Blows My Mind!

Last edited by Leo Sonidus; 09-03-2007 at 03:12 PM..