Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 08-22-2008, 04:19 AM
Lili Addict

Idéaliser is on a distinguished road
Default Instruments in ACC and JPVA

Is the guitar in the beginning of A Contre Courant a bass guitar?

Same question for J'ai Pas Vingt Ans.

I was just wondering because my brother said he'd let me use his bass if I could find a suitable song to play, and why not choose one by Alizée, n'est-ce pas?
Old 08-22-2008, 04:33 AM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

It is a bass guitar for the ACC. The melodic interface you hear however is a keyboard, with the backing a bass guitar.

And to talk gear, the bassist used a Fender Jazz Bass.

JPVA's intro was just a guitar.

Edit: The ACC Keyboard/guitar composition and timing is very syncopated, turn the volume loud enough and you should be able to hear the contrasting melodies.

Also, what kind of bass does your brother use, it's not my main instrument but i'm always eager to hear about gear.

2nd Edit: I also think JPVA's intro is an acoustic guitar, considering it has a very pluckish strum sound about it, and when I turn the volume loud enough, I can hear the sliding sound produced only on the steel strings of an acoustic guitar. (Nylons don't make the sound)

Last edited by TheBarrett; 08-22-2008 at 04:47 AM..
Old 08-22-2008, 04:46 AM
Lili Addict

He uses a Silvertone LB11, I think he's crazy for buying something that expensive (although most really good bass players probably have something way more expensive xD), but he's good at it so I guess I can't complain much xD

Hmm..now I gotta get somebody to use the keyboard while I play the ACC beginning then? O_o
Old 08-22-2008, 04:50 AM
Faded into Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idéaliser View Post
He uses a Silvertone LB11, I think he's crazy for buying something that expensive (although most really good bass players probably have something way more expensive xD), but he's good at it so I guess I can't complain much xD

Hmm..now I gotta get somebody to use the keyboard while I play the ACC beginning then? O_o

It's a fairly simple track, i've got it down by ear. If you require me to send you a recording to use a backtrack with i'll gladly do it.

And that Silvertone isn't that bad. But it's a fine instrument.
I've bought way more expensive things. In example, Ibanez JEM 7V tricked to the brink with Seymour-Duncan bridge pickup and a DiMarzio Evolution Neck pickup. Floyd Rose/Ibanez Edge double locking tremolo and gold/vine of life hardware is worth the 1800 Euros I paid for it.

Tell him to record himself playing "Anesthesia (Pulling Teeth)" by Cliff Burton (RIP) of Metallica, i'll be impressed if he pulls that off.
Old 08-22-2008, 05:00 AM
Lili Addict

I have no idea what you said in that 2nd paragraph o_o

But I'd love to hear a recording of you playing it xD

I'll try and get him to play that song, though I've never heard of it (I know! o_o) xD
Old 08-22-2008, 05:05 AM
Faded into Gray

Dude! Mate!
You have never heard "Anesthesia (Pulling Teeth)"?

Check out Metallica's 1983 album "Kill em All" the track's on there, Cliff REVOLUTIONIZED the bass guitar. I mean he shreds the bass, how odd is that, but he literally rips it.

Hehe, that second paragraph, I doubt many people will understand, not many guitar players in this forum. But yeah, i'll record it later on in the day and upload/send to you if you'd want.

PS:
To save you time
Anesthesia (Pulling Teeth)
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Pm02dZdF76g&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Pm02dZdF76g&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Rest in Peace CLIFF!
Hell to the driver that killed you.
Old 08-22-2008, 09:15 PM
Lili Addict

That's awesome dude. I wish I could play like that
Old 08-23-2008, 01:11 AM
Faded into Gray

It takes practice.
I can't pull it off myself, it's a bass solo and bass isn't really my instrument.

The frets are a lot bigger and Cliff utilizes a lot of different guitar techniques such as tapping and different pedals to achieve his sound and style.
Old 08-23-2008, 04:02 PM
Logical Progression

Tomtentp is on a distinguished road

Slap it like this guy and you got my deepest respect ^^
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EOvAy3evU3k&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EOvAy3evU3k&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

... I see avatar people...

L´Ordre D'Alizée!
Old 08-24-2008, 09:06 PM

GianGian is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBarrett View Post
It takes practice.
I can't pull it off myself, it's a bass solo and bass isn't really my instrument.

The frets are a lot bigger and Cliff utilizes a lot of different guitar techniques such as tapping and different pedals to achieve his sound and style.
He uses a BIg Muff and a Morley Power Wah boost, quite simple setup actually. And it is not that hard, I am a bassist myself, I can probably play it. I respect Cliff a lot, but there are way more difficult and more innovative players out there.