Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Media Section

View Poll Results: Which one is better?
Pour Laurette 2 28.57%
Tubes d’un jour 5 71.43%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-01-2021, 05:14 PM
Crazy Alizée fan 💘

AlizéeSuperFanFIN is on a distinguished road
Talking JEAM: Tubes d'un jour or Pour Laurette??

Let's see...

Well... I didn't bother to do a poll where everyone should vote for all of JEAM's live performances [just be careful, I do it sometimes] because none of us can put them on any list...

Instead, I chose these two performances, which are undoubtedly the best-known performances of JEAM performances, and most of all because they are probably my two best (favorites)!

or

And while the Tubes d’un jour performance helped me find Alizeé, and nine times out of ten I would probably choose it 100-0 because I have to, but it’s not that simple!

Someone really fascinates me on the Pour Laurette performance, of course!

The dances and performances are pretty similar, of course, but I think these performances are still pretty different! Are you signing?

The outfit is somehow a little different, and I think that’s an interesting fact, but why. Alizée seems to perform the song most often in that black Pour Laurette outfit.

The whole, i.e. the place, the audience, etc., I think is perhaps even better in Pour Laurette. On the other hand, the colors and atmosphere of the hall are perhaps even better in the Tubes d'un jour...

Well... Anyway, which one do you think is better - and why?!

Alizée 💜
Old 11-02-2021, 02:54 AM

Mr Coucou is on a distinguished road

Tubes is better. I like the colors in the Tubes video--- the colors are saturated and the video has a "day-glo" appearance. The "pour Laurette" video looks 'grey' by comparison.

Even Alizee's skin tone in Tubes has a 'glow' to it.

Also, Tubes has no annoying banner at the bottom of the screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizéeSuperFanFIN View Post
The outfit is somehow a little different, and I think that’s an interesting fact, but why. Alizée seems to perform the song most often in that black Pour Laurette outfit.
How is the outfit different? It looks the same to me.

Last edited by Mr Coucou; 11-02-2021 at 03:11 AM..
Old 11-02-2021, 03:14 AM
Crazy Alizée fan 💘

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Coucou View Post
Tubes is better. I like the stage lighting / colors much better. Also, Tubes has no annoying banner at the bottom of the screen.

How is the outfit different? It looks the same to me.
Well yeah, the banner is a minus, but I just thought of it as TV technology and off when I compared.

I think it looks quite different in color [dark blue and black], but I wonder if others see the same thing, and although it can, of course, in principle be due to the lights as well? [The bottom of the suit also looks a little different, but I probably just imagine it =]]

Alizée 💜
Old 11-02-2021, 11:11 AM

Alizée-Nederland is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Dance Choreography

From a Dance Choreography point of view, the Pour Laurette performance is more consistent.

Alizée - J'en ai marre ! (2003-02-09 Recorded - 2003-03-08 Aired - Tubes d'un jour, tubes de toujours TF1)
http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8680

Alizée - J'en ai marre ! (2003-03-03 Live - Pour Laurette France 3)
http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8677

Compare:

0:07 cross three times
1:29 [arm movement]
1:32 right - left - right - arms crossed - left
2:33 right - left - [left] - arms crossed - [right]
3:03 turn in eight times side-side-close
3:18 wave three times
3:29 shake down two times
3:35 right - left - [left] - arms crossed - [right]

0:21 cross three times
1:42 no arm movement
1:45 right - left - right - arms crossed - left
2:47 right - left - right - arms crossed - left
3:18 turn in eight times side-side-close
3:32 wave three times
3:44 shake down two times
3:48 right - left - right - arms crossed - left
Old 11-03-2021, 04:34 AM

Quote:
I think it looks quite different in color [dark blue and black], but I wonder if others see the same thing, and although it can, of course, in principle be due to the lights as well?
Its just the lights / camera. Look at the shoulder straps on the guitarists: they appear dark-bluish in Tubes, and black in Pourette.

I would presume that the shoulder straps are actually black.

Look at the Chanson No1 JEAM--- shoulder straps are black; dress is black.

I think (guess) that the colors in the Chanson No1 video are the most accurate. (But I really like the look of Tubes with its over-saturated colors. )
Old 11-03-2021, 08:13 AM

Ben.Daly is on a distinguished road

Would have to go with Tubes, though there is at least some bias there given it was the first time I saw Alizee.

Admittedly I've probably only watched the pour Laurette version once, maybe twice.

As MrCoucou mentioned, the colours, saturation and general 'glow' in the Tubes edition gives it a real edge. Makes it feel almost unreal, adds to that sense of mystique especially when watching it for the first time.

I try my best to avoid watching Tubes. The video was that magical upon first seeing it, I fear watching it too often would lessen the experience. Not to say it would be 'ruined', of course not, but I don't want to over-indulge.
I hope I don't come off as trying to sound pretentious or profound, the video is just that good.
Old 11-03-2021, 11:28 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

I'm going with Pour Laurette for nostalgic reasons.

It was my first Alizee video that I stumbled across in the summer of 2006. I just pressed a link in a forum (not this one) not knowing what I was going to see, and there she was.

I ran across it again a few years ago. The title of the YT clip was "alizee" and nothing else. No song name and the resolution was mediocre. To this day, it has over 15 million views.

I really like that little glance she gives to the camera while turning at 3:07. Priceless.

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 11-03-2021 at 11:35 AM..
Old 11-03-2021, 12:00 PM

Alizée-Nederland is on a distinguished road
Arrow

Small difference in video quality.

https://youtu.be/BHgZRBrWZ8c

https://youtu.be/_U9IN8DO1TM

Old 11-03-2021, 04:44 PM
Crazy Alizée fan 💘

Talking

I'm still pretty skeptical about that outfit thing... There's something different about it, whatever it is ...

One could well imagine that there could also be another extra outfit there... Because e.g. workers often have extra clothes in the workplace, etc. Whether it was used in those performances or not, that's another thing then!!

I also came up with an option that Alizée would have lost weight between performances... In Tubes' performance, the outfit is somehow perfectly suitable and fit [and super sexy], not because it wouldn’t always be good and suitable, but especially in that!Admittedly, there is so little time between performances that it is hardly the most likely scenario...?>

I have watched these performances so much that I immediately notice the difference or "difference"! And so again... I can't decide which one to vote for when both are so awesome!

Alizée 💜
Old 11-04-2021, 12:29 AM

Quote:
I also came up with an option that Alizée would have lost weight between performances... In Tubes' performance, the outfit is somehow perfectly suitable and fit [and super sexy], not because it wouldn’t always be good and suitable, but especially in that!Admittedly, there is so little time between performances that it is hardly the most likely scenario...?>
She might have been in a different phase of her hormone cycle; it could affect how the dress fits her. Women tend to be more physically attractive when they are in the "fertile" part of their cycle.

In general, she has a "radiant" look in Tubes that she doesn't quite have in Pour Laurette. (Maybe its the lighting, but I think its more than just that.)

Last edited by Mr Coucou; 11-04-2021 at 03:11 AM..

Tags
alizee, jeam, pour laurette, tubes d'un jour or