Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > The AAm Project

Old 06-04-2019, 07:17 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
As far as Alizee exceeding MF's expectations, I think that's the incredible truth. I think one thing that probably impressed Mylene was her enormous confidence on stage. We can see in the moments before and after, she looks like she's somewhat nervous, but the stage was her universe. This young lady who was just the right age for what MF had in mind, would need little coaching.

Then you look at her character. At the moment the other young girl won the second competition, Alizee smiled at what must've been a very disappointing moment for her, then she congratulated the winner. It showed a lot of class.
I wonder too if Alizee's shorter hair might have played a role in her being picked by MF? Did it make her look younger, fitting into the Lolita role?
When Alizee started working with Mylene, there was nothing spectacular about her looks. There was nothing spectacular about her singing voice. Alizee was "cute", but she had some characteristics that showed promise. She had a spectacular smile. She was fearless performing. She had a great personality and a sound mind. Being in her mid teens at that point, she wasn't a whiny teenager who cops an attitude - she was probably very teachable.

How did Mylene know Alizee would go from "cute" to gorgeous in just a few years? There is no way she knew. Alizee would have been a hard sell if she did not blossom into the beauty that she did.

Then the swan begins to take shape.

I think MCE was written with a stage show in mind, knowing at that point Alizee was going to start touring. It was like living a dream for Alizee, but also Mylene. I think it far exceeded Mylene's expectations.
Old 06-04-2019, 09:56 PM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fc3dgbLoXWY
Old 06-04-2019, 10:35 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
When Alizee started working with Mylene, there was nothing spectacular about her looks. There was nothing spectacular about her singing voice. Alizee was "cute", but she had some characteristics that showed promise. She had a spectacular smile. She was fearless performing. She had a great personality and a sound mind. Being in her mid teens at that point, she wasn't a whiny teenager who cops an attitude - she was probably very teachable.

How did Mylene know Alizee would go from "cute" to gorgeous in just a few years? There is no way she knew. Alizee would have been a hard sell if she did not blossom into the beauty that she did.............

As far as characteristics that showed promise, Alizee was 15 during the first Graines du Star show, and even though she had wanted to enter the dancing competition, she showed a tremendous amount of confidence while she performed and I think MF must've looked upon this as a big plus. She probably thought Alizee wouldn't need much schooling as far as her performances and I'm sure she didn't.

As far MF knowing if Alizee would go from cute to gorgeous, there is no way she could have known. Tremendously cute, she might have guessed that she'd be beautiful in years to come, but I don't think she or anyone else could have realized how her inner beauty, turned the outer beauty into something that was off the charts.

In mid 2002, we started to see the transformation of Alizee from a teenage girl into a young woman with her performances in places like Pistoia and Wetten Dass, but then Mylene took her away from us to prepare her for the next step and what a step and that was J'en ai marre. Incredible beauty and sexiness in Febuary of 2003.

So many beautiful images came out of 2003. It was an amazing year, then at the height of her beauty, imo, she got taken away from us.

One of the things I think made that beauty was the simplicity of it. As I've mentioned many times before, it was just basic make up. There was no huge eyelashes, no big hoop earrings, no fake eyebrows, no war paint on the finger nails........just pure beauty.

As far as that inner beauty, look at this performance of ACC from October, 2003. How many shows had she been in this before then? Yet she looked nervous at the beginning with her eyes looking all around, but then once the music start, the supreme confidence of Alizee made itself evident.
2003, was an absolutely stunning year for Alizée.

Attachment 2672

Attachment 2673

Attachment 2674

Attachment 2675

Attachment 2676

Attachment 2677

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 07-11-2020 at 10:41 AM..
Old 06-05-2019, 07:43 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
So many beautiful images came out of 2003. It was an amazing year, then at the height of her beauty, imo, she got taken away from us.

One of the things I think made that beauty was the simplicity of it. As I've mentioned many times before, it was just basic make up. There was no huge eyelashes, no big hoop earrings, no fake eyebrows, no war paint on the finger nails........just pure beauty.
I know it is a cliché, but less is more with Alizee. One of the things I did not like about her appearance when she was 15-16 were those very long fingernails. She was tiny and had small hands as it is, and adding those nails looked awkward. I don't know if she got tired of them or if Mylene said something, but she cut them and her nails haven't been longer than the "secretary nails" length. Looks much better short.

Alizee's beauty was flawless in 2003. Her looks at Eiffel Tower appearance cannot be topped by anybody at any time, in my opinion. But even as she ages, I see the same Alizee.

user12515_pic2335_1482915198.jpg

IMG (4).jpg
Old 06-17-2019, 10:47 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhSk...E54iZbUlXN6Twc
Old 07-14-2019, 02:32 PM

Quote:

How did Mylene know Alizee would go from "cute" to gorgeous in just a few years? There is no way she knew. Alizee would have been a hard sell if she did not blossom into the beauty that she did.

Then the swan begins to take shape.[/IMG]

I think Alizee's first performance was spot on. Her voice was excellent as was her stage performance. Her choice of song couldn't have been better for her voice. She was attractive, but certainly not a sex-goddess. Really, the girl next door. Her choice of dress was curious, but appropriate to her age.

I agree with you, however, in that I would not have foreseen her becoming the success or the beauty she did. We owe Mylene a great debt for what she contributed to what Alizee brought to the table.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dN1L...&index=20&t=0s

Last edited by Shepherd; 07-14-2019 at 10:07 PM..
Old 07-14-2019, 10:27 PM

Mr Coucou is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Alizee's emotional maturity was probably a huge selling point from Mylene's standpoint. Whatever strengths or weaknesses Alizee might have as a performer, Alizee's emotional maturity meant that Alizee would be able to handle pressure and would be easy to work with.

I wonder if Mylene could sense Alizee's emotional maturity from just watching the TV show, or if Mylene had no idea until she actually met Alizee in person.
Old 07-20-2019, 02:08 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Don't forget LB. He would have looked at her differently than Mylene. Together they ended up picking the perfect person. Don't you agree?
Old 07-20-2019, 05:17 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

She was the perfect person and I'm sure she surpassed their wildest dreams as to how well a young girl could blossom into a young woman with so much going for her with so little effort on their part.
Old 08-25-2019, 03:32 AM

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater