Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 03-08-2011, 11:44 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Default The blue and white dress of En Concert

From the first time I watched En Concert, I always thought the blue and white dress she wore, looked like a maternity dress. So I wondered what the purpose was for her to wear such a dress. At this point in time, she was with child, but as was so apparent at the start of the concert was, with her wearing that incredibly beautiful white dress is, she did not need to be wearing such a dress. So what was the purpose of her wearing one?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I thought it could possibly be Mylene (if she didn't know) trying to warn her that if she continued down the same path, with Jeremy, what would happen to her.

But I don't think that's the case. I think it's more likely a case that MF knew of her condition and was trying to give her fans a subtle warning that there was a change in the wind.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:58 PM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

I think it was just to look cute.

I know plenty of people with dresses like that, they don't have to be for maternity; it's just flattering on some people.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 03-09-2011, 06:22 AM

C-4 is on a distinguished road

I believe that style of dress is called a "babydoll" dress.
My personal belief is that there was no intention on Mylene's part to give Alizée the feeling that if she got pregnant that she would be in that type of dress, or anything like that.
I just believe it is a style, and with Alizée's looks and figure, it suits her very well.
I believe also that I have seen Alizée in similar dresses of that style throughout her earlier carreer.

Let's face it, Alizée could wear a paper bag or gunny sack and look more beautiful then these Hollywood types all dressed up for the Oscars.
Old 03-09-2011, 07:14 AM

Karin is on a distinguished road

I dont understand much what you wrote Scruffydog, but:

Annily was born at night from 28 to 29 April 2005 (from Wikipedia). The pregnancy lasts normaly 9months + - some days. So she had to become pregnant about june-july.

The last concert was in January 2004... so she wasnt pregnant during En Concert...

If you mean another thing, then sorry

Last edited by Karin; 03-09-2011 at 07:17 AM..
Old 03-09-2011, 08:01 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Sorry Scruff, but you've been sipping on the wrong juice a little too long to start making up neurotic fables such as that. What's with these crazy ideas about Mylène sending all these bizarre messages. It's like you've been talking to "what's his name" too much.

Seriously dude. Are you ok? You don't sound like it. You actually said that Alizée was "with child" a year too early here. Scruffy. Maybe you need a real vacation or maybe you were just too tired to think straight when you wrote that. Anyway, if it's just that, I know stuff happens.

I think that dress (and the boots) was one of the things by the designer Courrèges and as has been elucidated at times in the past, it was a 60s theme, a "baby doll" dress as was said. We already discussed too much her wearing those in 2008. Some of them, like at Aix-en-Provence I think were really sexy and looked great, but generally I don't think they suit her that well particularly because of the fact that she has typically had such a great figure that she can get away with wearing something snug. So, we assume she would show it off. So sure, that's what some of us think and hence the idea of a maternaty dress is assumed because why else would she hide her slender and at the same time buxom curves (if that even made sense)?

This is why people need to be careful when they come into a forum. You could get some wrong information either by accident or whatever. Alizée of course got pregnant around August 2004. Her daughter was born April 28 (28 right?) 2005. The last concert was January 17 2004.

Merci Fanny
Old 03-09-2011, 10:08 AM
... qui vous veut du bien

Corsaire is on a distinguished road

Edit:

Although my original comments were in support of Scruffy and they did in no way reveal any primate matter, I decided to remove them because they were related to my own interpretations of Scruffy’s goals and intentions. To anyone who might have read the deleted comments, I want to state that I stand by them, but that I deleted them by respect for Scruffy.

Last edited by Corsaire; 03-09-2011 at 12:12 PM.. Reason: Original comments removed
Old 03-09-2011, 10:24 AM

Bigdan is on a distinguished road

Here is a better pict of the famous dress...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
Sorry Scruff, but you've been sipping on the wrong juice a little too long to start making up neurotic fables such as that. What's with these crazy ideas about Mylène sending all these bizarre messages.
sorry Scruffy but I'm agree.

But i'm agree too that this choice was weird...
And for the influence of Mylène, I don't think so... I"ll better say that " en concert" was the beginning of the end between Mylène and her. As a clever producer , Mylene must have wanted for the Tour the kind of sexy outfits that make the success of all the TV performances ( bleu short dress, black skin-tight outfit).
I think all this pastel colors and " childish" outfits is a volition of Alizée herself , showing a slow-down on the sexual aspect of her character.

Last edited by Bigdan; 03-09-2011 at 10:40 AM..
Old 03-09-2011, 10:41 AM

JoeNY is on a distinguished road

Okay, let's not pounce on Scruffydog or any member here (especially me) just because we see an opening. I'm far from an expert on Alizee, but she did meet Jeremy in March of 2003 (Eurobest) and got married at the end of that year. Most of En Concert was filmed during her last show in Paris in January of 2004. Alizee planned Annily before she even met Jeremy. It was marry whomever before 20 and have children. Not only do we know Annily's birthday but the day she was conceived - Alizee's marriage date.

As for the "maternity" dress, that's a stretch. Alizee had quite a few questionable outfits in TV appearances over the years, but I thought the baggy blue/white one and the last dress she wore in En Concert were weird. I'm still not sure what target audience Alizee caters to, but it seemed like she was dressed for a kid's slumber party.

Alizee can wear whatever she wants. Nothing ever takes away from her beauty to me (except the mullet from a few years ago - I wanted to bitchslap her hairdresser for that).
Old 03-09-2011, 10:47 AM

I had been under the mistaken impression that she had the baby in 2004. I even thought that explained why they ran off to the states to get married the way they did. I guess I'll have to go back to Alizee 101.
Old 03-09-2011, 11:32 AM

I screwed up pretty good with this post and some of you guys could have really blasted me. Instead for the most part, the few comments that were posted went easy on me and I thank you guys for that.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 03-10-2011 at 06:57 PM..