Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Articles and Blog

Old 06-19-2020, 07:12 AM

Ben.Daly is on a distinguished road
Default Alizée featured in the top 100 favourite artists of the French in 2020

https://riffx.fr/barometre-riffx-by-...-des-francais/

Full Transcript (plus some brief notes in brackets):

RIFFX BY CRÉDIT MUTUEL 2020 BAROMETER: THE 100 FAVORITE ARTISTS OF THE FRENCH

It is one of the most anticipated polls of the year by music fans. After interviewing more than 1,000 French people in a survey by YouGov, RIFFX is making a comeback with its famous barometer! Who are the 100 favorite artists of the French public? Who occupies the 1 st spot this year? A singer, a singer? Rather old or new generation? All the answers are now in our RIFFX by Crédit Mutuel 2020 barometer!

Committed for almost 20 years alongside the music industry, Crédit Mutuel has been designated by the French as the music bank. Each year Crédit Mutuel sponsors 600 musical events in France, 90 festivals and 26 performance halls. Furthermore, 130 young talents had the chance to ensure the first parts of Louane, Zazie, Gims or Vianney… thanks to Crédit Mutuel.

For three years, RIFFX via the Yougov polling institute has established the barometer of the favorite artists of the French. The survey was conducted from 1 st to June 2 from a panel of 1,006 people representative of the French population (18 and older). The hour for results has come!

The 100 favorite artists of the French in 2020

(Alizée is 99th on the list)

Undeniable since the creation of the RIFFX by Crédit Mutuel barometer, Jean-Jacques Goldman is for the third consecutive time the favorite artist of the French, with 33% of votes , and this despite his media retirement from which he left exceptionally to support caregivers during containment . 1 behind the national number, Indochina (23%) and Francis Cabrel (21%) to spawn a spot on the podium to 2 respectively e and 3 e instead. Place then the next generation with Soprano (20%) in 4 th position monitoring Stromae (19%) 5 eposition in the hearts of French women and men. You will have noticed, this is an exclusively male top 5!

Where are the women?
If the top 30 is mainly made up of male artists, some female artists still manage to find prime places in the RIFFX by Crédit Mutuel barometer. This is the case of Celine Dion (17%) in 9 th place ranking first wife, then followed the idol of the new generation: Belgian singer Angèle (14%) that is 16 th . A little further on, the pop legend Mylène Farmer (12%) is found in 26 th position.

Angèle, DJ Snake and Nekfeu stars of 18-24 year olds
Among the young generation, the leading trio is not really a surprise when we see that they are artists with the most recent successes in the French musical landscape. Angèle collects 35% of the votes among 18-24 year olds, ahead of DJ Snake (34%) and the rapper Nekfeu (34%) . Among those over 55, the podium is occupied by three male artists who are no longer beginners: Jean-Jacques Goldman (39%) , Francis Cabrel (28%) and Florent Pagny (27%) .

(These two images above translate to the same thing on Google: favourite French singers. I assume it's favourite Male singers followed by favourite Female singers.)
(Anyone know of some more accurate alternatives for translations I could use?)

Favourite artists of 18-24 years

Favourite artists of 55+ years

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thoughts:
It's great that Alizée's still, maybe not relevant with all due respect, but admired by some of the French population. Considering she hasn't released anything in 6 years and not had a massively successful album (by most accounts) for 15+ years, it's quite commendable she's on here.
To put what Arsenal fans on Twitter say about the football club, into this context: "She's absolutely massive, gargantuan institution"

Good to see Mylene still killing it as well. To be honest I don't really know anything about French music beyond Alizée of course, and my very limited knowledge of Mylene Farmer, Julia and Axelle Red, all of whom I've only heard about because of Alizée. I guess there are a few names that look a bit familiar, as well as a couple of English-speaking artists I've heard. Maybe I should expand my palette of French Music (My younger self never would've thought I'd be saying that sentence )

Alizée also acknowledged it on her story, and it was cross-posted by several fan accounts:

What else can I say really, Congratulations Alizée!

Last edited by Ben.Daly; 06-19-2020 at 09:07 PM..
Old 06-19-2020, 09:14 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Thanks for starting this thread and posting this, Ben.Daly. I was looking at it this morning and did a screen grab of the chart and was going to post it later, but you beat me to it. Starting a thread on it was a good idea.

There was some surprises on the chart, and Alizee making the list was one of them. It's really good to see she has not been forgotten there. I know a number of the people on the chart due to my exposure to the Les Enfoires shows. I had learned to like quite a few French artists through it.

The fact that male French artists do better than female French artists over the long run has been a topic of discussion before. Mylene Farmer is the exception, and I was a little surprised she didn't get higher than #24. The women tend to peak early then fade.

Shy'm used to be extremely popular. She is a beautiful woman with a beautiful voice. She became of cast member of Les Enfoires in 2012 and was part of the group of judges when Alizee and Greg won DALS. I am surprised to see her at #87.

Jean-Jacques Goldman is retired from music and sits at #1. This is a surprise. He was a cast member of Les Enfoires. No surprise that Celine Dion is in the top ten.

Pascal Obispo remains strong at #16 and it's good to see Zazie up there at #36. They were both heavily involved in composing the music for Alizee on her Blonde album.

Lorie Pester didn't even make the list. And Louane is only #57? We were talking about Louane a few years ago. Her videos had millions of views and her future looks very bright. She is only 23. Very surprised she didn't rank higher.
Old 06-19-2020, 09:24 AM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben.Daly View Post
https://riffx.fr/barometre-riffx-by-...-des-francais/

Full Transcript (plus some brief notes in brackets):

RIFFX BY CRÉDIT MUTUEL 2020 BAROMETER: THE 100 FAVORITE ARTISTS OF THE FRENCH

What else can I say really, Congratulations Alizée!
Great post, Ben.Daly! Thank you for this.
Old 06-19-2020, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
Thanks for starting this thread and posting this, Ben.Daly. I was looking at it this morning and did a screen grab of the chart and was going to post it later, but you beat me to it. Starting a thread on it was a good idea.

There was some surprises on the chart, and Alizee making the list was one of them. It's really good to see she has not been forgotten there. I know a number of the people on the chart due to my exposure to the Les Enfoires shows. I had learned to like quite a few French artists through it.

The fact that male French artists do better than female French artists over the long run has been a topic of discussion before. Mylene Farmer is the exception, and I was a little surprised she didn't get higher than #24. The women tend to peak early then fade.

Shy'm used to be extremely popular. She is a beautiful woman with a beautiful voice. She became of cast member of Les Enfoires in 2012 and was part of the group of judges when Alizee and Greg won DALS. I am surprised to see her at #87.

Jean-Jacques Goldman is retired from music and sits at #1. This is a surprise. He was a cast member of Les Enfoires. No surprise that Celine Dion is in the top ten.

Pascal Obispo remains strong at #16 and it's good to see Zazie up there at #36. They were both heavily involved in composing the music for Alizee on her Blonde album.

Lorie Pester didn't even make the list. And Louane is only #57? We were talking about Louane a few years ago. Her videos had millions of views and her future looks very bright. She is only 23. Very surprised she didn't rank higher.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamagirl View Post
Great post, Ben.Daly! Thank you for this.
Cheers guys
Unfortunately there's probably some slight inaccuracies with Google's auto-translate, hopefully it isn't too much of a problem. Also, this feature where you can change the size of the font is really useful when formatting these sort of posts. I'm surprised people don't use it more here, it's seems really good for titles and sub-headings.

Also, thanks the comment on the other singers CleverCowboy, it's quite interesting to see how many of these artists are connected some way or another. Learnt a couple of things reading through your comment
Old 06-19-2020, 06:53 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

It seems like most of the ones I'm familiar with are in the last part, Shy'm, Tina Arena, Amel Bent and Jenifer.

For those newer members who aren'e familiar with her, I guess Jenifer was friends with Alizee in her early days in Paris. They later had a falling out.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzK...ew?usp=sharing

Many other familiar names in the list.

Tina Arena was the one who introduced her at the 2000 M6 music awards and later appeared with her in Les Enfoires and the show SAGA.

Christophe Mae in Les Enfoires singing alongside Alizee

http://youtu.be/aIhBBlBEJqY?t=204

Christophe Willem appeared with her in Les Enfoires and SAGA

http//www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUBLxEQB41M
https://drive.google.com/file/d/16fX...ew?usp=sharing

Vanessa Paradis who Alizee looked up to. This is one of my favorite videos of her. I can't find the video of Vanessa on Youtube, but did find it on Daily motion. I also have it on my computer.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3u971

Later Alizee would sing that song in Israel.

Matt Pokura who has a great voice and appeared alongside Alizee in Les Enfoires. Other than saying that, I don't want to talk about this guy.

Here is him and Alizee in LE 2012
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rFU...ew?usp=sharing

I was surprised to see Francis Hardy on there though I love her name. I was also surprised to find out she marked her 50 year career anniversary by releasing her 27th album in 2012!!!!!

Her son is Thomas Dutronc who has also appeared with Alizee in LE.

I'll have to continue this later.....

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 06-19-2020 at 06:58 PM..
Old 06-20-2020, 02:32 AM
MMA Teen who was thunderstruck by Alizée

Kajue is on a distinguished road

Well its nice to see shes still decently admired by the French public. Fingers crossed she releases something big and gets higher on that next time.
Old 06-20-2020, 08:29 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I was surprised to see Francis Hardy on there though I love her name. I was also surprised to find out she marked her 50 year career anniversary by releasing her 27th album in 2012!!!!!

Her son is Thomas Dutronc who has also appeared with Alizee in LE.

I'll have to continue this later.....
That’s very interesting about Francis Hardy! Thanks for pointing that out, Scruffydog.
Old 06-20-2020, 05:20 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
That’s very interesting about Francis Hardy! Thanks for pointing that out, Scruffydog.
I believe you spent some time in the UK in your younger days. You probably heard some of her music?

Edit:

Two names I didn't see on the list were Tal and Claire Keim.

Tal sang the song "Pas Toi" that A & G danced to during the last episode of Dals.

Another song of hers I liked was "Le Sens de la Vie"

Alizee and Jenifer sang that song together in Les Enfoires.

Claire Keim has a great voice imo, but I guess she does more acting than singing. It looks like she's appeared in all the Les Enfoires shows since 2005.

Here's another one I like....

https://youtu.be/ODEw1_oIw6k?t=62

Then on the lighter side......

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 06-20-2020 at 05:26 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 06-20-2020, 07:40 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I believe you spent some time in the UK in your younger days. You probably heard some of her music?
You are quite right, Scruffydog. I spent most of my high school years in England. In the chat here I noticed comments about Arsenal— that was the English football team I supported. Now, being back in the States for many years, I follow American football— I am a die hard New England Patriots fan.
Thank you for posting these videos. I really enjoyed them.
I have seen that last one, when Alizée gives the “look” to Claire Keim when she sits down. I get such a kick out of that!
I also like the name “Claire.” Some very nicely named singers!
Old 06-20-2020, 09:25 PM

Quote:
You are quite right, Scruffydog. I spent most of my high school years in England. In the chat here I noticed comments about Arsenal— that was the English football team I supported.
Do you mind me asking what time it was roughly you were over there? Was it possibly during the George Graham years? Did you go to any of the games at Highbury?
That's quite a few questions, apologies. Would like to know what following the team was like back whenever it was you were there.