Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > The AAm Project

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-21-2010, 04:16 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Cool It's a whole new ball game!

Many of us have tried in vain many times to get radio stations to play some of Alizée's music here in the States. We were hampered by the fact that her songs in English were about 3 or 4 years old when we first found out about her, plus the fact that MF didn't do such a great job at re-writing some of the songs into English.

But now we have a new song, Les Collines. I think this song really has a shot at being played here. It would've helped if there were a few more lines in English, but the fact that it's about New York city I think is a tremendous plus. I think a lot of stations there would want to play it just for the fact it's complimentary of their city. I think it would be, with a little remixing to get rid of the slow parts a great song for all the dance clubs there.

We would need someone from New York to organize our efforts at calling radio stations and such. Now who in this forum is from New York? Could it be Ben!

Another thing I think we should have now is a forum of it's own for this subject. Right now it's a sub-forum under news. I'm sure it gets overlooked at times and now with this great new chance we have, it should be on the front page. I think it should be Ben who should come up with a name for one.

I was reading a post today where Sir Wood left a shortcut for a site called Fox all acess, http://fox.com/blogs/foxallaccess/on-the-radio/ where you can call and leave a request for a song or e-mail in a request. It's a great idea but I'm sure not many people will see it because of where it's posted. By the way I called in a request (they recorded it) and e-mailed a request. Their telephone # is 1-877-COUNT-15 and the e-mail address is allaccess@fox.com.
I think anyone who requests this song should mention the fact that it has both English and French lyrics and is about New York city.