Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 07-10-2010, 01:11 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYGOGT View Post
I am not so sure she wants to do all the touring and shows like before. I was very unsure of how I would like the new album coming out just several weeks after discovering the "old" Alizée. But I really like Eden, Eden and Mes Fantomes. I listen to songs from all the albums every day. After 4 months I finally know that my favorite song is Parler tout bas. And then there is Eden, Eden. Hmmmm...............................
She LOVES performing. If she could do 50 shows in Paris she would. She probably cares much less for the touring part of it, but puts up with it in order to be able to perform.

The current difficulty is that she needs to draw an audinece, and she would prefer it be in France - a location that has not responded to her recent material with much enthusiasm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
I think Alizee is going down the path of her wanting to make music that she wants to make. It doesn't matter if it sells to her, she just likes making it. But the good thing is is that it does sell, in Mexico and other smaller countries. So I think she is going down the right path. She is aiming for good music and is definitely hitting the target in my eyes...
I'm sure it does matter to her if it sells, but I agree that she is doing what she likes. However, she has yet to find a good balance between what she wants to do and what people are willing to fork over money for a concert ticket for (at least in France). However, I'm glad to see that she continues to try.

Last edited by Rev; 07-11-2010 at 12:01 AM.. Reason: sp
Old 07-10-2010, 03:39 AM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road

I love her new look all the way around. I'm much less enthusiastic about Ueds. It is not that it is dark as it has no soul except Alizee's voice. I don't like electro because it has a dead machinery feel. I liked Psych especially PLP. In my opinion PLP matches any thing she has ever done. Neither Psych or Ueds matches the power, soul and majesty of MF/LB. I'm glad she moved on and respect Alizee for taking the risk to step out there on her own. Lolita was dead on the vine anyway. I just wish she could hook up with musicians and producers with half the talent of Mf/LB. So far they have been 2nd rate at best. If Alizee is truly happy with the colaborations thus far and hasn't just settled for what she could get I am happy for her. I just want her to be able and desire to continue making music. That is what is important to me. If she's happy I'm happy.
Old 07-10-2010, 07:18 AM

Fenris is on a distinguished road

She is certainly in a difficult position by now. UEDS flopped so far, there is no sweettalking it.

Can she go back to the GMD/MCE Style, like some suggested? I think not. The overcritical french would laugh their asses off. After all this talking about growing up and doing her own thing and so on? Impossible.

So, the only way for her is to go on and make the music that is in her heart. Guess she will never be a big star again, but that's life. I'm not sure if that is even what she wants.
Her family and private life is what is most important to her, her career is second.
That's not enough to be really successful in todays shark tank of a music biz.

Her early success fell into her lap thanks to MF/LB's geniuses and the fresh sweetness Alizée embodied. Nowadays the public is bombarded with one cheap casting show after another, and new "superstars" have to be produced every month. Much harder to get noticed, especially if you don't want to go the provocative and slutty path of Lady Gaga and the likes.
Well, she still has a core of a loyal fanbase, let's hope it's enough to keep her going.

Old 07-10-2010, 10:14 AM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
She is certainly in a difficult position by now. UEDS flopped so far, there is no sweettalking it.

Can she go back to the GMD/MCE Style, like some suggested? I think not. The overcritical french would laugh their asses off. After all this talking about growing up and doing her own thing and so on? Impossible.

So, the only way for her is to go on and make the music that is in her heart. Guess she will never be a big star again, but that's life. I'm not sure if that is even what she wants.
Her family and private life is what is most important to her, her career is second.

Her early success fell into her lap thanks to MF/LB's geniuses and the fresh sweetness Alizée embodied. Nowadays the public is bombarded with one cheap casting show after another, and new "superstars" have to be produced every month. Much harder to get noticed, especially if you don't want to go the provocative and slutty path of Lady Gaga and the likes.
Well, she still has a core of a loyal fanbase, let's hope it's enough to keep her going.
The problem with all this is that today, yeah, you have to have a kind of shock factor to your music, performances, image, etc to get noticed and be successful; people now are starting to ignore originality and creativity, and basically just respond to outrageousness even if it's completely retarded.

Case in point: Lady Gaga.

But Alizee just isn't the kind of person to sell out like that. Alizee's new style is very artistic and beautiful to us, her loyal fans, but to the average person hearing her for the first time it might seem boring.

I also think she enjoys the way she's doing things now and that's always what's important, that you're having a good time! Sales-wise, though, I agree: things are looking kinda bad right now. But her style will most likely keep evolving, like it's been doing since Gour, so for future albums who knows?

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 07-10-2010, 12:58 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenris View Post

I agree with almost everything you said.

With regard to the part about early success "falling into her lap," it was simply her Dharma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhiri View Post
The problem with all this is that today, yeah, you have to have a kind of shock factor to your music, performances, image, etc to get noticed and be successful; people now are starting to ignore originality and creativity, and basically just respond to outrageousness even if it's completely retarded.

But Alizee just isn't the kind of person to sell out like that. Alizee's new style is very artistic and beautiful to us, her loyal fans, but to the average person hearing her for the first time it might seem boring.

I also think she enjoys the way she's doing things now and that's always what's important, that you're having a good time! Sales-wise, though, I agree: things are looking kinda bad right now. But her style will most likely keep evolving, like it's been doing since Gour, so for future albums who knows?
I'm not a fan of Electro either (although I like trance and electronically produced music), however it does seem to be an upcoming trend in Europe. Perhaps she was just too far ahead on the curve.

I am hoping that, in time, she can attract better talent to work with than the current crop.

Last edited by Rev; 07-11-2010 at 12:00 AM..
Old 07-10-2010, 02:39 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYGOGT View Post
I am not so sure she wants to do all the touring and shows like before.

Now that she does have a family, I'm sure she doesn't want to do much touring, but she would like there to be the appeal from people from different countries for her to do some touring and right now, there just isn't that much appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeerre View Post
I don't think she's too old to go back to the MCE and Gourmandises style, however, I don't think she should, and I'm sure she won't. Let's not forget that she wasn't forced to change her style or to drop the lolita image, .

When I mentioned going back to the style of MCE and Gour, I should have clarified that I don't think she could or should go back to songs like ML or JAM. She can and should go back to songs like.
A Contre Courant, the story about a relationship that went against the current.
Lou ou Toi, the story that told of her being torn between two lovers
L'Alize, the story that told of a trade wind that blew through parts of Africa and the Carribean and the beautiful young French woman that was named after it
Gourmandises, that spoke of the sweets in a relationship
Amelie, that told the story of a waitress in Paris that had something that happened to her that changed her life
Youpidoo, that told of her break up of a relationship from a hooligan
L'e-mail a des ailes, that spoke of a relationship that took place via e-mail
Ella Ella that told the story of a young black woman.
These are the type of songs she should go back to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeerre View Post
Both Psychédélices, and from what I'm seeing, UEdS, can be considered a commercial failure, but I'm sure Alizée is not oblivious to the fact that the CD sales are poor, so why doesn't she just go back to the MCE and Gourmandises style that has been proven to work? Why does she keep pursuing a style that obviously isn't working for her? Is it because she's an idiot? No. Is it because she's hoping that her new style will somehow catch on? No. Is it because she likes her new style, and she likes what she's doing, even though she will never achieve the success that she once experienced? Yes.
I had to look at who posted this to make sure it wasn't me.
Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be working. So should she try another style again, or go back to what worked before. Not an easy choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
I think Alizee is going down the path of her wanting to make music that she wants to make. It doesn't matter if it sells to her, she just likes making it. But the good thing is is that it does sell, in Mexico and other smaller countries. So I think she is going down the right path. She is aiming for good music and is definitely hitting the target in my eyes...
Well unfortunately going down the path of what she wants to make and going down a path that is successful are apparently 2 different paths. She has to do something different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
She LOVES performing. If she could do 50 shows in Paris she would. She probably cares mush less for the touring part of it, but puts up with it in order to be able to perform.

The current difficulty is that she needs to draw an audinece, and she would prefer it be in France - a location that has not responded to her recent material with much enthusiasm.

I'm sure it does matter to her if it sells, but I agree that she is doing what she likes. However, she has yet to find a good balance between what she wants to do and what people are willing to fork over money for a concert ticket for (at least in France). However, I'm glad to see that she continues to try.
I think she'd love to do a whole bunch of concerts in Paris, that way she could be home at night with her family and would prefer not to do much touring. But it appears the people of France aren't that crazy about this album, so I doubt if that will happen.

It's obvious that she is trying as hard as she can to promote this album. She is showing her Corsican personality and will leave no stone unturned in the process and you've got to admire the hell out of her for the way she is fighting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepelepew View Post
I love her new look all the way around. I'm much less enthusiastic about Ueds. It is not that it is dark as it has no soul except Alizee's voice. I don't like electro because it has a dead machinery feel. I liked Psych especially PLP. In my opinion PLP matches any thing she has ever done. Neither Psych or Ueds matches the power, soul and majesty of MF/LB. I'm glad she moved on and respect Alizee for taking the risk to step out there on her own. Lolita was dead on the vine anyway. I just wish she could hook up with musicians and producers with half the talent of Mf/LB. So far they have been 2nd rate at best. If Alizee is truly happy with the colaborations thus far and hasn't just settled for what she could get I am happy for her. I just want her to be able and desire to continue making music. That is what is important to me. If she's happy I'm happy.
Once again I had to look at who posted this. PLP is as beautiful a song on any of her albums. MF and LB were two very gifted artists who were imo a perfect fit for Alizee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhiri View Post

Well I think unfortunately for Lady Gaga, she is not that good a looking woman, and unfortunately looks can get you a good ways in this business. So she altered her looks. That really didn't matter that much. The thing that mattered is her song, Caught in a bad romance is a pretty good song. Has a very catchy beat to it. The video was interesting too. Lady Gaga seems to be a very talented artist. To me she has no wheres near the appeal of Alizee, but she has the advantage of being heard by many more people in this country than Alizee has. What a tremendous loss for the people in this country.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 07-10-2010 at 02:49 PM..
Old 07-10-2010, 04:49 PM
Psychédélices Era Fan

Zeerre is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
When I mentioned going back to the style of MCE and Gour, I should have clarified that I don't think she could or should go back to songs like ML or JAM. She can and should go back to songs like.
A Contre Courant, the story about a relationship that went against the current.
Lou ou Toi, the story that told of her being torn between two lovers
L'Alize, the story that told of a trade wind that blew through parts of Africa and the Carribean and the beautiful young French woman that was named after it
Gourmandises, that spoke of the sweets in a relationship
Amelie, that told the story of a waitress in Paris that had something that happened to her that changed her life
Youpidoo, that told of her break up of a relationship from a hooligan
L'e-mail a des ailes, that spoke of a relationship that took place via e-mail
Ella Ella that told the story of a young black woman.
These are the type of songs she should go back to.
I agree, Alizée needs songs like the ones that made her famous, Alizée needs a hit, but unfortunately I don't see one coming out from UEdS.
Old 07-11-2010, 02:05 AM
i'm...PSYCHODELICIOUS.

Människöpesten is on a distinguished road

my straight and to the point answer: Alizée does what Alizée wants.
Old 07-11-2010, 05:24 AM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Människöpesten View Post
Whatever comes naturally I would say.
Just today I listened to the songs again for the first time this month I think. Usually I listen to them everyday, sometimes all day if I'm in the mood. But not this past week and a half. Not because I wanted to take some "break" from her songs, I love them very much, but it just happened. I listened to some other music a bit but not much. Maybe she just feels like her old songs aren't what she should be doing now, not because "she's moved on," but because it seems logical or something. As I said, whatever comes naturally.
Old 07-11-2010, 09:38 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Människöpesten View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall06 View Post
Whatever comes naturally I would say.
So I think it's safe to say that Alizée does what Alizée does.

Tags
alizée change