Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 10-20-2011, 05:50 PM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

4 year hiatus is what "killed" her career (I don't think it's quite dead yet). MCE was starting to move away from the super sexy image, remember she only performed J'en Ai Marre in the sailor suit a handful of times. And while J'en Ai Marre is probably her most memorable performance, it certainly was not her best selling single. A lot of fans of Mylene is what originally made them fans of Alizee - she just did not have enough time to really establish her career and a strong fan base before she left for so long.

I wonder if spending so much time out of the limelight has made her shy. I think performances really boost her confidence and make her happy, which is why I really want to see her at the top again. I can imagine it's difficult to find that balance of busy career and personal/family time, but it is possible.
Old 10-20-2011, 06:29 PM

Bigdan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
4 year hiatus is what "killed" her career (I don't think it's quite dead yet). MCE was starting to move away from the super sexy image, remember she only performed J'en Ai Marre in the sailor suit a handful of times. And while J'en Ai Marre is probably her most memorable performance, it certainly was not her best selling single. A lot of fans of Mylene is what originally made them fans of Alizee - she just did not have enough time to really establish her career and a strong fan base before she left for so long.

I wonder if spending so much time out of the limelight has made her shy. I think performances really boost her confidence and make her happy, which is why I really want to see her at the top again. I can imagine it's difficult to find that balance of busy career and personal/family time, but it is possible.

100% agree. 4 years out and a vague new positioning create a big trouble in her carrer.
I though the same thing about her "shyness", as I remembered her performance at the Hotel de ville in Paris (JEAM 2003)and the seeming self confidence she had, at this period.
Nowadays she feel sometimes uncomfortable, with her voice but with her body too. ( in comparison with her Mylène period I mean).
Old 10-20-2011, 08:45 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
But as was the case with several people I've met in France in the past few years and this is something I've heard several other people mention,and that is that most people in France have no idea that Alizee is still singing.

That's true.. well at the very least Moi... Lolita was a phenomenal hit and Alizée will always be remembered for that! The song was in the Top Ten singles chart for many months back in the day as we know and that's something I'm sure she will always be proud of. Sure she is known for that song more than the others but many will never realize she still had the No: 1 with L'Alizé a beautiful song in itself and JEAM from her second album also went to No: 4 in the charts. Well my point is that she was never a one hit wonder!

Nonetheless you either love her or you don't! Rihanna and Lady Gaga are in the media all the time but I never had the urge to buy one of their albums and I'm sure many others haven't either. Anyway nice report Scruffy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post
Knowing what we know about Alizée I can not believe that the French don't use her more Internationally to promote tourism in France. Ajaccio should be using her many quotes in their ads over seas that it is her favorite place to be. How many of her fans around the world who never would have thought about vacationing on Corsica, would take a serious look at visiting it in the future.

If not for Alizée being born there and mainly her fathers beautiful photographs, Corsica, has become one of those must visit places, in the near future.

I feel the same.. well I spent two weeks in Ajaccio in 2005 and a week there in 2007. I saw other parts of the Ile de Beauté but Ajaccio was the place I loved the most. It will always be the most special of places for me and I hope to be back there oneday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
I can imagine it's difficult to find that balance of busy career and personal/family time, but it is possible.
Que tout est possible, c'est Amélie, qui me l'a dit...

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur
Old 10-20-2011, 09:45 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdan View Post
100% agree. 4 years out and a vague new positioning create a big trouble in her carrer.
I though the same thing about her "shyness", as I remembered her performance at the Hotel de ville in Paris (JEAM 2003)and the seeming self confidence she had, at this period.
Nowadays she feel sometimes uncomfortable, with her voice but with her body too. ( in comparison with her Mylène period I mean).
Yeah, I agree with Euphoria too. I think those 4 years cost Alizée a lot, career wise. It cost her both in lost fans and in lost confidence. If she had been around for those 4 years, she would have gradually evolved into her new position and slowly left her old position behind. Her fans would have probably followed along with each small step of the way. But it could be that those 4 years also helped Alizée establish her personal life on a solid foundation with her marriage to Jérémy and the birth of Annily. I suppose that was her priority.

Practicing everyday can help a lot with the confidence issue, but getting media exposure and acquiring fans is much more difficult. I truly hope she finds a winning formula with her new album.
Old 10-21-2011, 04:33 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Well I didn't expect anything Alizee related to happen on this trip, but a few things have, so maybe I should ask one of the upper mods to change the name of it to Vacation 2011 or something to that affect.

I'm in Brussels tonight and returning to France tomorrow. I got back late from Arnhem ( A bridge too far). After washing up, I went out to get some dinner. I stopped in an area that had several small restaurants and bars. I had trouble finding one that was still serving food. I finally found one that was like your typical bar/restaurant in the states so I stopped in and had a bite and a couple of beers.

Well I noticed on the wall they had a small flat screen tv that said DJ matic in the upper corner. I asked the bartender about it and she said she can access just about any song through the internet. I said hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! I asked her if she could play requests and she said she could. Well I requested Coeur deja pris by Alizee. She looked and she didn't have it. But she had a list of about 20 Alizee songs, including several from her last 2 albums. Well of the songs I saw, I requested A contre courant. It's the first time outside of the Virgin Megastore that I've heard her voice in Europe. That is of course outside of my rental car too.

I felt it would be rude to ask for another, but after that 3rd beer kicked in, I lost that inhibition and requested another. This time I requested J'ai pas vingt ans. After that Parler tout bas came on. Well I had to go, because I have a date with a certain building tomorrow that I don't want to be late for.

The interesting thing about the DJ matic is, I looked through the songs that were listed for Alizee and the songs Coeur deja pris, Tempete, Amelie m'a dit and Lou ou toi were not on it. I consider these to be in the top 6 of her most beautiful songs. How could not one of them be included in this list? I just don't understand it.

Just a side note, when I first sat down at the bar, I heard the song womaniser come on, then I heard the song Joe Le Taxi, which I think may have been a remake of the one originally done by Vanessa Paradis.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/JmDRDR9GONU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 10-21-2011 at 04:38 PM..
Old 10-21-2011, 04:58 PM

Merci Alizée is on a distinguished road

^ That's not a remake. It's the original song by her only. She is just 15 in that video. Although I haven't listened this song in last few months, I feel like I'm listening to it after many years.
Old 11-05-2011, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merci Alizée View Post
^ That's not a remake. It's the original song by her only. She is just 15 in that video. Although I haven't listened this song in last few months, I feel like I'm listening to it after many years.
I know the video I posted was an original, I meant what I heard in that bar didn't quite sound like Vanessa, so I thought maybe someone else might have redone it. Then again the sound system in this bar wasn't the best.

I said before I should have made this a vacation thread, but I think this will be my last post in it.

When I was visiting Monet's garden while on vacation, I went into the Giverny Impressionist Museum which is right next door and of course includes many of Monet's paintings. It also has several other paintings by other artists, including Renoir. In fact their was a portrait done by Renoir of Monet's wife Claude while she was reading. The second I layed eyes on it, it reminded me of Alizée. I would have posted the picture sooner, but you're not allowed to take pictures in a gallery like that and it took me a while to find it on line.

There was also a painting by Monet called Tempete which I wish I could get a copy of.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 11-05-2011 at 09:51 AM..
Old 11-05-2011, 12:21 PM

Aldighieri is on a distinguished road

Camille Monet? You are not obsessed..she looks having some in common...
Old 11-06-2011, 11:21 AM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post
There's an English correspondent Charles Bremner who writes for the Times of London who reports from Paris, I forwarded him a poll of the 100 hottest women about two years ago. The poll had Alizée listed at 25 and Carla Bruni Sarkozy at 86. He wrote me back and was embarrassed to say that Alizée was walking around right under his nose in Paris and he had no idea who she was.
I cannot help but recall a recent BBC podcast about life in Paris. It revisits the sad world which the famous English man of letters George Orwell knew 80 years ago. There are very many important stories to be told about Paris - and London for that matter - and not all of them are as pretty as Alizée.

Old 11-06-2011, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWA View Post
I cannot help but recall a recent BBC podcast about life in Paris. It revisits the sad world which the famous English man of letters George Orwell knew 80 years ago. There are very many important stories to be told about Paris - and London for that matter - and not all of them are as pretty as Alizée.

Welcome to the forum! I guess just about every major city in the world has a sad side to them. Still too many have nots in the world. Hopefully in Paris, and many other cities too, Alizee has brought a bright spot to their lives that they might seldom see otherwise.