Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 11-03-2011, 07:13 PM

WhiteFeather is on a distinguished road

When was the last time you actually got a fortune in your fortune cookie? Not any of that advice crap, but one like, "you will find $100 today"?

Last edited by WhiteFeather; 11-04-2011 at 03:52 AM..
Old 11-04-2011, 04:44 AM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteFeather View Post
When was the last time you actually got a fortune in your fortune cookie? Not any of that advice crap, but one like, "you will find $100 today"?
Once a long while ago I got one that said "You will soon discover a great fortune"

I lol'd my ass off.
Old 11-06-2011, 11:19 AM

Merci Alizée is on a distinguished road

It seems that my HDD has crashed.

It would be a disaster if I'm not able to retrieve data that I had on my laptop.
Old 11-07-2011, 11:47 AM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merci Alizée View Post
It seems that my HDD has crashed.
It would be a disaster if I'm not able to retrieve data that I had on my laptop.
Many years ago I made friends with a computer professional who pointed out that PC memory would soon be so cheap that one should regularly make at least two copies of anything of value - really, anything at all worth storing. He said that companies religiously did that all the time, and individuals should, too.

PC memory prices have plummeted astronomically since then and his advice is better than ever. If it is too much trouble to attach a backup drive every day or week, since everything today is connected to the Internet, you can instead use an automated online backup service that simply requires that your PC be powered up. You can choose among them here. Some even offer a vast, if finite, amount of FREE storage.

Don't feel bad. We were all new to computers once. You have just learned an important lesson which might have been much more expensive later on.
Old 11-07-2011, 03:34 PM
Recline yourself

Dear Diary,

Some long-hairs from a rival high school was driving in front of me today on the way back from lunch. They thought they were cool, fucking around and bobbing their heads with their long hair flowing all to and fro. They weren't paying attention as evidence by their gentle swerving.

I went around them and cut them off to see what they would do. They ran over the median a little. It made me lol.

Edit:

OH MY GOD
<cereal, you guys>

WHAT IF IN THE LINCOLN PARK RAPIST VIDEO...

THE GUY THEY WERE SINGING ABOUT...

WAS CHUCK TESTA...

"I was attacked by some idiot in the projects"
"Nope, Chuck Testa"

Last edited by user472884; 11-07-2011 at 03:34 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 11-08-2011, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWA View Post
Many years ago I made friends with a computer professional who pointed out that PC memory would soon be so cheap that one should regularly make at least two copies of anything of value - really, anything at all worth storing. He said that companies religiously did that all the time, and individuals should, too.

PC memory prices have plummeted astronomically since then and his advice is better than ever. If it is too much trouble to attach a backup drive every day or week, since everything today is connected to the Internet, you can instead use an automated online backup service that simply requires that your PC be powered up. You can choose among them here. Some even offer a vast, if finite, amount of FREE storage.

Don't feel bad. We were all new to computers once. You have just learned an important lesson which might have been much more expensive later on.
Even after knowing about importance of keeping backup, I never tried to make sure that I have backup of all files. But I guess I can get almost everything back. I have mostly Alizee related files for which I have several DVDs and I can find most of the personal documents in my email or google docs.

What I don't like is changing how files were kept, software installations etc. All my folders, file names etc remain same, so I almost remembered locations of almost all files. I'm very used to how my system was organized and I don't feel good with other computers.

Anyways, welcome back Doc.
Old 11-11-2011, 10:27 AM

Old 11-13-2011, 12:36 PM
Recline yourself

When I hear this song, I feel like a bomb could go off in front of me and I would see it in slow mo, hear absolute silence, and I would fade happily away into the mystical fabric of the universe before the explosion even thought about touching me.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/hW93CV6m-JU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 11-13-2011, 02:22 PM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

Donnie Darko is still one of my favorite films.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 11-13-2011, 09:41 PM
Recline yourself

I don't feel the need to analyze Donnie Darko any deeper than "Eh, it's a weird-as-hell movie"

I bought a recurve bow today. Why? Cause. That's why.

Expectation: I become enveloped by my 1/64th or whatever Blackfoot blood and I stalk the woods behind my house and shoot a bird out of the sky and make a bird skull necklace, wolves follow me as my friends, and the wind whispers secrets of the world to me.

Reality: I don't always hit a pumpkin from 10 yards away, but when I do, the arrow bounces off it.