Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Support

Old 10-02-2018, 03:32 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Home page photos - your suggestions

Well it looks like we're finally getting around to changing the home page. We have already discussed having multiple pictures as a GIF, rotating or flashing, etc. These should be photos spanning her career, including DALS and other miscellaneous ones, and of course some from her early days.

All that's needed is to choose which ones.

Rules for the thread which can be amended as needed

- Please submit two or three pictures in your post, no more. Let's not turn this thread into favorite Lilly pics. Try to vary them, for example Gourmandises era, DALS, UEDS era. Or En Concert, Psych era, Les Enfoires. You get the idea.

- It would be weird to put up two pictures of the same theme/event, for example we can't have two JPVA pics even if she's wearing the pink dress in one and the blue in another. If one member has already submitted a JPVA picture, you can post an alternative one and we will vote on which will go up.

- You can edit your post and swap out a different photo or photos if you change your mind, or someone else posts one of the same theme that you prefer.

- The first rule of the forum is that anything that would offend Alizée is not allowed. Please keep them tasteful.

- Please make sure they are ok to share. There are a few photos out there taken by friends or family that were stolen or hacked which she has had to call out and ask people to remove or delete.

After a week or so, the submissions will be final so we can vote. Or if needed, we can add more variety.
Old 10-02-2018, 04:34 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Keeping in mind what Fall said, I have to think, even though things have picked up lately, the primary purpose of the Home page should be to make newcomers who visit it want to dig deeper, to make them think I want to see this performance or make them want to find out what caused the reaction pictured 'here'. I'll try and post some pictures for suggestions tomorrow.
Old 10-02-2018, 05:51 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

I'll bite with three. I think many should be easily identifiable from her most popular videos. I have a few that I think would be required but would be totally OK if somebody has a higher quality picture of the same, or if it gets voted out.

La Isla Bonita

Elle Elle La

Photo shoot

This one might get voted out, but I think she is incredibly sexy in this photo.

Old 10-10-2018, 07:54 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

I wanted to give this thread a bump so members can post their suggestions.
Fan and member apathy is mostly the reason why we still have 2012 news on the home page, let's get this stuff done guys. If we can show Ben we're serious about updating the site, maybe we can get more done.

EDIT -
By the way, those are good suggestions CC although I was thinking more along the lines of rectangular, banner-like pictures such as the one we have now. However, we could also include vertical pictures such as the Isla Bonita picture you posted as banners on either side of the page. Thoughts?
Old 10-11-2018, 04:05 AM

I get distracted by many other things. Maybe tomorrow, I'll post some pictures.
Old 10-11-2018, 06:55 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall View Post
I wanted to give this thread a bump so members can post their suggestions.
Fan and member apathy is mostly the reason why we still have 2012 news on the home page, let's get this stuff done guys. If we can show Ben we're serious about updating the site, maybe we can get more done.

EDIT -
By the way, those are good suggestions CC although I was thinking more along the lines of rectangular, banner-like pictures such as the one we have now. However, we could also include vertical pictures such as the Isla Bonita picture you posted as banners on either side of the page. Thoughts?
I was hoping we would move away from static HTML for the home page and move towards something more dynamic and modern. I would not suggest Flash, but HTML 5.

Here is a template I found as an example. It does not have to be this particular way, but hopefully it can promote some discussion. As mentioned before, I am a more "nuts and bolts" IT guy, not a graphic artist. That is why I don't design web sites. But I do know what I like when I see it.

In the below template, the photo gallery is Pinterest style. Photos don't have to confined to banner size - they can be any size and they will be resized to fit. It you hover the mouse over a photo, it will let you display it full size in a pop-up windows, similar to Pinterest. You can embed audio clips, which can be pieces of Moi Lolita, L'Alize, JEAM, etc.

The gray bar across the top is where we can insert our banner content. It can be the current banner picture and "Alizee America" embedded somehow. The old style tabs should somehow be redesigned or removed altogether. The white space on the right half of the template is for any other content we want to put in there. Twitter and FB feeds, Bio, Links, Latest Discussions, and so on.

My opinion is when a visitor lands on this page, maybe because they just saw their first few Alizee videos on YT, they will be instantly greeted by familiar photos, many from her most popular videos, and they know they are at the right spot.

Edit:

With HTML5, such as this template, as you expand/reduce the width of the browser, the number of picture columns increase/decrease to always occupy half the browser window. Of course, the minimum is one column of pictures.

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 10-11-2018 at 06:59 AM..
Old 10-11-2018, 10:04 AM

[/b]
Getting past the early years, from Les Enfoires there is the wedding dress and the one where she's wearing a beret.....

wedding dress.jpg

Alizee beret cropped.jpg

From DALS there were so many but I think in this dress, the color of the dress and her hair looked great in this outfit.

dals.jpg

From the Tournée

tournee fame.jpg

A poster;

12985528_1690626047864263_3574274821785218626_n.jpg

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 10-11-2018 at 10:07 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 10-11-2018, 06:25 PM

I tried earlier to post some more pictures, but it didn't go through and I'm sorry for posting more than a few but it's so hard to decide.

Also as with the wedding dress picture I posted above and along with some of the others I'm posting aren't the ones I want to choose as a still., they are the ones of the performance I'd like to get a still from.

With the Tournée picture, I think I'd rather have a still in the red outift she last wore, but again, didn't have time to search for the best still.

If I was going to show someone an ML performance, I'd choose Amsterdam, but if I'd have to choose an ML still, I'd either choose one from her Wetten Das performance, because the lighting and the res seemed to be better.

Of course one of the stills of her in the blue dress at the Eiffel tower performance are iconic, what do you choose; one of those incredible close ups or a full body shot?

With the JEAM suit, in addition to the one I'm posting there are many great stills probably better than the one I'm posting and maybe we need to make like a stills basket for everyone to add 'high quality' stills to, so the home page can be updated now and then.

I think the still from Japan was stunning too.

alizee on stage ml germany outside.jpg

jam 2.jpg

10868007_586052728207344_4108621642432155561_n.jpg

Top 10 japan.jpg
Old 10-11-2018, 10:42 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
I was hoping we would move away from static HTML for the home page and move towards something more dynamic and modern. I would not suggest Flash, but HTML 5....

...It you hover the mouse over a photo, it will let you display it full size in a pop-up windows, similar to Pinterest....

.....With HTML5, such as this template, as you expand/reduce the width of the browser, the number of picture columns increase/decrease to always occupy half the browser window. Of course, the minimum is one column of pictures.
Quoting a few if the items CleverCowboy mentioned that I agree with.
Old 10-12-2018, 06:40 AM

What CleverCowboy had to say, sounds great to me.